Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator

by Proactiv

The Skin Smoothing Exfoliator is Step One of the all-new Proactiv+ 3-Step System. This 4-in-1 daily face wash is a deep cleanser; a medicated treatment for killing acne-causing bacteria; a glycolic-acid toner; and a mild exfoliator for renewing and smoothing the skin's surface. Glycolic acid works together with tiny exfoliating beads to gently lift away layers of dead skin cells to unclog pores; exfoliation is a special kind of deep cleansing that accelerates the removal of excess oil, makeup and other pore-clogging impurities. After cleansing, you'll immediately notice a brighter, smoother, healthier-looking complexion. Step One also contains 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, our exclusive micro-crystal form of prescription-quality acne medicine designed to quickly kill acne-causing bacteria. Unlike some ordinary cleansers that can leave skin feeling dry and stripped, the Skin Smoothing Exfoliator contains a moisturizing complex designed to leave skin feeling soft, supple and hydrated. It prepares your pores for the acne-fighting power of Step Two, the Pore Targeting Treatment. New packaging features a handy flip-cap squeeze-tube that's ideal for sink or shower.

How often do you use this product?
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator how long does it typically take to see results?
Can you please tell me if this dries your skin out thank you?
Start your review of Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator!
Product Highlights
...amazing product. This exfoliator is pretty intense but yes still ok for sensitive skin. It gives you such s deep clean getting in all your pores and exfoliating Off any leftover dirt, makeup, oils, etc. you feel so clean after you cleanse with it. Be sure to use with their other products for best results in reviews
Ashley D.
Sacramento, CA
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator uploaded by Ashley D.
Purchased at: ULTA
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator This cleanser really helped alleviate some of my bad acne on my chin. I wouldn’t say it gave immediate results, but I noticed my pimples go down by two months and by 3ish months the bumps went down and began to become scars.
Tonilynn R.
Zion, IL
1,388 reviews
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator uploaded by Tonilynn R.
Purchased this product for my teenager who has acne and was only slightly impressed with end results. This is a high priced exfoliator which is supposed to help clear up acne. While wash did help control it is just not worth the price I spent. I will not repurchase again, but you may have better luck.
Toni D.
Roseville, CA
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator uploaded by Toni D.
I love this product! I’ve been using this for the past 2 months and it’s super gentle on my skin!
Britnay S.
Sonoma, CA
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator uploaded by Britnay S.
I take this stuff everywhere! Really helps w my acne and oily skin! I highly recommend Proactiv+ 3 Step Acne Treatment System.
Jacqueline P.
Proactive is just a bit too harsh if you ask me. It irritated my skin and I might have had an allergic reaction to it. It definitely did not help me but made my skin worse. I tried origins after this many years ago and I got far superior results and would get so many compliments on my skin. Proactive is a hard pass for me. I unfortunately because of my experience would not recommend it.
Olga A.
Buffalo, NY
Purchased at: ULTA
Saw this on the shelf of my local Marshall’s for $9.99 (currently @ ULTA for $40) SCORE & decided to try it even though it gave me a flashback to my teenage acne days. I am so glad I did! I can use it everyday & it’s not too harsh although I do use another cleanser every 3 or 4 days that is a bit milder. This exfoliating cleanser saved my face. It’s leaves my fast so soft, even toned and keeps my adult acne at bay especially those pesky forehead breakouts. Love it & will definitely spend $40 on another tube once this one is gone, won’t go without it!
Mrs. M.
La crosse, WI
Proactiv+ Skin Smoothing Exfoliator uploaded by Mrs. M.
It's a light exfoliator and not too harsh on the skin. I've used other proactiv products, but this was my first time using it tonight. I will continue to use it to see how well it works. If it works like the other proactiv products I'll be good to go! Also, I'm so glad I found this at Tjmaxx for only $5.99!
Kaitlin P.
Ridgeland, SC
Purchased at: TJ Maxx
I have acne prone skin and found this exfoliate to be powerful but gentle enough to not irritate my skin. It definitely helped get rid of dead,crusty skin that I can occasionally get around stubborn pimples as well
Taylor A.
Fort Worth, TX
#proactiv is what I use for a #facialcleanser. I will say that it is more expensive than the average cleanser but it is worth it!!! It is the only facial cleanser that has helped my #hormonalacne. It even beats products from the dermatologist.
Rachel O.
Albertville, AL
I have been using proactive for about 10 years now and I love it. I had really bad acne when I started using this product and I feel like it’s kept it under control all these years. It doesn’t make my face dry or flaky either.