BY PROACTIV

This refreshing, alcohol-free toner helps remove impurities and excess oil so your skin looks and feels clean, soft and refreshed -- not tight and dried out. Soothing botanical agents gently balance your skin tone.

Proactiv Skin Care
  • "I stopped using Proactiv because I wanted to find other products with more permanent results that being completely dependent on Proactiv." in 146 reviews
  • "I tried this a few years ago when I just had very few blemishes but when I started using this it caused me to break out terribly." in 112 reviews
  • "It does clear your skin... down side once you stop using it your acne will come back But it does work, non skin drying which is great easy to use" in 109 reviews
  • "I switched to a coconut oil based BAR soap and after about 2 weeks of my skin adjusting I have been using it since, about 3 years ago." in 96 reviews
  • "I used this product for six years from middle to high school, always convinced that one day it would stop burning and actually start working." in 74 reviews
Kayla W.
If I could rate this zero I would. First off, i was super excited to try this! I had dealt with acne most of my life. I have combo skin/oily tzone and tend to break out on my temples, chin, and jaw line.

Now, as for ProActiv.....I hate this stuff. It legitimately gave me a chemical burn on my face. It was absolutely painful. I only used it for three days before this happened. I called the company and they assured me it was normal and would subside and to keep using. I used it once more and just could not stand it. I canceled and through it out. I went in to see my doctor and found out I had a chemical burn on both cheeks, nose, and part of my forehead. My face was RED, it hurt, it was flaking and dry, and my nose had started to crack and bleed. After three days!!!

It took me a month of not wearing any makeup what so ever, super gentle cleaning, and coconut oil, for my face to completely heal. Two weeks after my incident my aunt had called me to tell me a client of hers that she trains ended up in the ER with the same problems from ProActiv. She also had a chemical burn.
Harper B.
Palm Harbor, FL
DO NOT BUY THIS PRODUCT
I cannot stress this enough, do not fall for the ads, do not fall for the sales, do. not. buy. it. This product ruined my skin over Summer 2016 and I'm still furious.
Let me start from the beginning. I have a mild acne condition, and my dermatologist recomended using Epiduo and told me to steer clear of Proactiv, it wasn't as great as everyone thought. And, me being me, decided that since the Epiduo wasn't getting rid of my acne like I wanted it too, I was going to try the Proactiv. It was perfect at first, the smell wasn't too chemically, it was a pretty easy regime, and my mom was paying for it, so my wallet was doing fine. Well, I was wrong about everything. So, after a few months of near-perfect skin, my mom informed me that I was going to have to slow my usage, or start using a different product because of how expensive it was. I thought, that's fine, I'll just go back to using over the counter stuff, because the Proactiv worked so well. Wrong again. Only a few days later I started breaking out badly. I did a little research and found out that Proactiv has high amounts of Benzol Peroxide in it, and that it was extremely damaging to your skin. Like a drug, so when you take the drug away, your skin goes into withdrawls. That's what was happening to my skin. I refused to keep damaging my skin, and continued to suffer through the skin withdrawls. Over the course of three months, my skin went from perfect, to spotty, to outright disgusting to look at. My self esteem was shattered, my skin had been damaged from all of the Benzol Peroxide, and I was pissed. It took dozens of product, going back to Epiduo to finally get my skin looking back to semi-normal. Over a year later, and my skin is still damaged. Please please please, do not buy this product. No amount of acne could condone damaging your skin the way this does.
Yvonne M.
Shelburne , MA
Besides being from a MLM company, which in itself is already crappy. I Had tried this before even finding out about MLM/Pyramid Schemes. I was given it as a gift and had small blemishes. I initially thought, "Oh how awesome! Its that stuff from the commercial!" Me being the young person I was at 16/17 I was pretty thrilled. That night I immediately tried it. First use I really didn't notice much besides the fact the astringent burned! I figured since it contained alcohol, it was going to burn and dry out my pimples. I was wrong, after a few days of use, my face broke out into tiny little white heads across my cheeks, chin, and jawline. They say it "gets worse before it gets better" is complete BS. Products should not make you skin burn, become sensitive to quickly and cause discomfort. Ive used products and my skin gradually improves from only a handful of uses. Unfortunately this is a overpriced low class product that individuals should research before using.
Jennifer K.
Cromwell, CT
Proactiv hasta ahora a sido el unico producto que me a funciono, y solucionado mi problema con el acne. Lei muchos reviews y la mayoria decian que Proactiv era una estafa y que no funcionaba, pero a pesar de eso quise probar el producto y ver por mi misma si tenia algun resultado. Despues de 2 meses usandolo Proactiv hizo efecto en mi acne, ya no me aparecian tanto como hasta y mi piel al ser grasosa ahora se habia vuelto suave pero no hasta el punto de ser seca. A parte de usar proactiv cambie mi alimentacion y empecé a reducir la cantidad de grasas y calorías que injeria a diario. Con el paso de los meses el acne desapareció pero aun sigo usando Proactiv por si acaso y purificar mi rostro desde del dia. Ahora utilizo savila y Proactiv. Un dia Proactiv y otro savila. A me funciono y otras amigas mias que al igual que yo tenian el rostro grasoso. Creo que proactiv funciono dependiendo del tipo de rostro que tienes me refiero si es grasoso o seco.

Saludos 😄
Heidi S.
Prescott
I ordered Proactiv Skin CareProactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System (60 Day) for my teenaged daughter, but I used it and absolutely fell in love, I get the occasional breakout, about once a month, anyways the scrub is fantastic leaving my skin so soft and so smooth then after using the toner is just great, now the repair lotion leaves my skin so hydrated, after a couple of days I noticed that my fine lines water looking better and dark spots reduced and old breakout scars gone. This stuff is magic on my skin, clearer and all around younger and I was not expecting that. I 100% recommend not just for clearer skin but all over batter younger looking skin!!!
Sarah W.
Florence
I use to use this as a teen and it helped me but when I stopped my face purged and bad! I got cystic acne and didn’t even want to leave the house so I started to use again until I could see a dermatologist. I felt like their was to many steps and I wanted something simpler, so he told me he would prescribe me epiduo which is basically the same thing as Proactiv just in one step and he also prescribed tretinoin. Of course my face purged again and even more because of tretinoin. I used it for about a year and a half, but my skin never got clear like it was on Proactiv, not even close. I still had awful breakouts and eventually I ran out of refills and I didn’t feel like having to pay so much for the epiduo & tretinoin on top of the dermatologist visit. Idk about anyone else but the epiduo was between 60-70 dollars and i have insurance that has great coverage but it was still to much when it wasn’t even working. I also felt like my acne wasn’t going away but more like laying dormant under my skin, since you could still see the bumps and my blackheads you could see from miles. So I thought to myself I’ll go back to using Proactiv since it did work better and they tweaked the formula a bit so it doesn’t bleach everything your face touches. I’ve been using it for a month now and all the acne I had is going away and my blackheads are disappearing. Idk why this product gets so much hate when it does work. Every product will make you purge but if you have breakouts continuously after using it for so long then it isn’t working. Many people don’t even stick through purging phases because they get so bad and think the product isn’t working. But everyone is different so it won’t work for everyone! Even though it did for me.
Kristin W.
Mission Hills, CA
I didn't love proactiv when I used it. I didn't have a lot of acne growing up but maybe it's because this helped. My parents started buying me acne stuff as soon as I hit teen years & started getting some. I mostly used this every day but maybe not fully religiously. I would definitely use the first step in the shower all the time maybe forget or not have the time for the toner & third step. I did use them at night though just used step one more. I had some acne here or there on my face but never a full face. I've since stopped using proactiv. I actually switched to Neutrogena® Oil-Free Acne Wash Daily Scrub in high school. Haven't used either since but I still like the neutrogena one & would probably never go back to proactiv. If it works for you that's great. My acne can get away with store bought products.
Mariel F.
Union City, NJ
I wish I could rate it lower, but after reading other negative results I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who went through it (for a while I thought something was wrong with me). I used this when I was in middle school, I’m now a college graduate. I had/have extremely oily skin that is acne prone. I had BAD acne as a child which is still not under control. I tried proactive because of the ads and celebrities on the commercials. While using the product, I remember getting super red and sensitive. Not to mention the price of the product. I had to eventually stop because it felt like my skin was being burned and then came the purge. My skin turned out awful, even more so than before. I was breaking out like crazy. It took years to get back to normal and I would never recommend this to anyone.
Christine Q.
Quincy, MA
I used this back in highschool when I started having hormonal breakouts and let me tell you, it was so bad. My acne were mostly just on my forehead but they looked like a million craters. My sister recommended I used this and I was skeptical at first because I didnt think anything on TV would work. Boy was I wrong, this cleared my acne super fast and I never got another breakout in years. However, after a while of not using it and trying to go back to it because I broke out from using this face cream, it would NOT get rid of my acne. Im not sure if its cause the product changed or what but it wouldn’t stop my breakouts.
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
I first purchased Proactiv Skin Care after I saw an infomercial about it! I was immediately amazed at how fast & effective this product seemed to work so I ordered it and I have been using it for close to 5 years now! It’s one of the only products I’ve tried that actually works for me and my skin. I have really oily skin and I would often break out a lot because of it. I also had a lot of redness and once I started using Proactiv I noticed changes within the first WEEK! My breakouts were gone, my skin was clean, and it felt GOOD! It felt and looked so clean and I was glowing! I have really grown stronger as a person thanks to Proactiv because they gave me back my confidence! I’m very happy with this product, I recommend it to literally everyone and I look forward to seeing and trying more wonderful products from this company.

I also love the Green Tea moisturizer! I received it as a free gift for purchasing the 3 step and it’s been a life changer!
Casey B.
Brooklyn
I have a wedding to go to in a month. Does this stuff work? How long will it take until I start seeing results?
Alex C.
Los Angeles, CA
Did proactive work for anyone?
Amanda G.
Covina, CA
What do i do when my skin starts to get dry? can i use a face moisturizer?
Oreale A.
Rockville, MD
How well does this work?
Kemah H.
Houston , TX
I started using this product, and my acne got worse and it made my skin super dry then oily as the day went by. Has this ever happened to anyone else?