BY PROACTIV

• Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?...3 Answers
  • Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it wo...10 Answers
Alex B.
I was excited to finally try Proactiv after struggling with acne since age 11 and seeing all of the many Proactiv commercials and ads. I have to say, I was disappointed. Maybe I didn't use it long enough to see the results (3 weeks of dedicated regimen yielded absolutely no results), or maybe the formulas are just more targeted to those with teenage acne as opposed to adult acne (I first tried this product at age 21). Changing my diet and drinking more water proved more effective than Proactiv for me personally.
Amanda K.
Fishers, IN
I tried Proactiv when I was in my teens, and it did nothing but make my skin irritated and dry and extremely sensitive. It did clear up my acne some, but it made my skin more acne prone because it stripped my face of all the natural oils and my skin had to overcompensate. I would never in my life recommend something like this for acne. Go the natural route and heal your skin from the inside out and use products on your face without harsh chemicals and you will benefit so much more in the long run!
Tracy F.
Orem, UT
I just this product for the 30 days, &a it broke me out more while I was using it, it didn't clear my skin at all, i did all the steps how i got told too. For the price I would say it's not pricey & great for the product you're receiving, but I didn't like the results on me. I had to try other practice for my acne because pro active did not work for me
Catie B.
I disliked this product. Maybe it's just my sensitive skin, but proactive made my acne 10 times worse. Some people say it's supposed to make it worse before it gets better because it's bringing dirt to the surface, but i used it for 3-4 months and it made it worse almost everyday. Proactive made my face dried out, red, flaky, and even irritated my skin so much it stayed red for days. I do not recommend even trying this if you have sensitive skin because it would be a waste of money if doesn't work on you.
Tina K.
I honestly believe proactiv works. I used it for YEARS when I had teenage breakouts. It's not a miracle but it clears up skin the best out of any three step systems I have tried (and I tried A LOT). I used it FOREVER. But, I don't think proactiv is necessary if you don't break out all over your face really badly. It uses benzoyl peroxide so it's a pretty intense acne medication. If you only suffer from small breakouts I definitely only recommend salicylic acid, which is what I use now
Bri J.
Peoria, AZ
If I could I would use these products everyday! I can't always afford them but when I do, I look forward to washing my face morning and night! I do believe the prices could be dropped a little more but the price is in fact worth it! Sometimes it can dry your skin out but can be easily prevented if used correctly and with other proactive products and moisturizers! I recommend this to everyone, even if you don't have acne or skin problems. It makes your skin look and feel flawless!
Samantha W.
Sandy Springs, GA
I liked proactive just fine. I like the face wash and how it is light yet has some beads in it. They recommend you use it daily, but I can find this is extremely drying! I would recommend using the face wash a few days a week. The astringent is good- basically just witch hazel though. The third step is the one I'd be careful with. I would absolutely only use this when you feel the need to. It bleaches EVERYTHING and can cause irritation to your skin and eyes. It really dries out your face.
Ashleigh B.
Corp Christi, TX
After my 4 th baby my skin decided it was going to go rogue and erupted into a crazy adult acne party. Proactive was the first acne treatment I tried, as it's marketed to be so amazing. I religiously used the 3 step program for months, hoping to see a grand improvement. However, after a long while of use, I ended up with extremely dry skin and only a small amount of change. This might be best for someone who only has occasional blemishes.
Hannah S.
Blacksburg , VA
I used this for literally a day before all hell broke loose. My acne cleared up a lot, which I'm giving 2 stars for, but that doesn't compare to the embarrassment I had the next morning before school. My face was a scarlet tomato with dry patches EVERYWHERE. My face itched and burned like that for about 4 days. I would have rather had my acne back (and it did come back) than go around like that. If you have sensitive skin, I would avoid.
Gabriella A.
Fort Lauderdale, FL
It was alright. I have combination skin and it helped keep the acne away especially since i am a pole vaulter and the dust from the mats gets into my pores. But alot of the time it dried my skin out wayyyyy too much! Which would in turn create more acne when i eventually stopped. And t also created alt of acne cuz my skin would produce more oil. I would stick to basic ingredient products or a higher end product with better quality.
Gina G.
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Little rock, AR
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?