BY PROACTIV

• Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?...3 Answers
  • Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it wo...10 Answers
Tina B.
Tina B.
Selden, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I hated this line. My skin dried out so quickly, it started opening up and bleeding. They recommended I switch to every other day. Ummm so I have to purchase this AND a different cleanser for every other day? Umm no thanks. I gave it the two months since they refused to cancel my auto-ship. I have permanent scars on my face from it. When I called to cancel the next time, they were insistent that I keep using it, promising it woukd get better and then recommended another product for the scars. My face was bleeding and all they did was ask if the acne was gone. For the record, no it wasn't.
Val I.
Val I.
Barrington, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this product in my teens when I suffered from more acne than I do now in my late twenties. Unfortunately, it did not seem to do much for my acne, and it wreaked havoc on my skin. After using it, my skin felt dry and tight, and would flake in my T-zone. It did not get rid of my acne and instead made it more painful as the skin around each pimple was pulled tight and sore.
McKenna M.
McKenna M.
Beauty Junkie Expert
As with most products I've heard about, this had really good reviews, so I had to try it. I am quite young and without a job, so paying for this with my own money was a HUGE investment and I was really nervous to see if it worked or if I had wasted my money. It did help a bit, but, like most products, it didn't do the job it advertised and I was disappointed, however everyone's experience will be different. If you have the money I would try it, but be aware that it doesn't work the same for everybody.
Kyla A.
Kyla A.
Beauty Junkie Expert
So my mom bought this for me and at first I didn't really see much difference when started using it but after a couple of months I used it again and it works perfectly I can major differences and after I use it it keeps my skin soft so yeah this is an amazing product and I recommend to use this of cetaphil.
Gabriella A.
Gabriella A.
Suffield, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
It was alright. I have combination skin and it helped keep the acne away especially since i am a pole vaulter and the dust from the mats gets into my pores. But alot of the time it dried my skin out wayyyyy too much! Which would in turn create more acne when i eventually stopped. And t also created alt of acne cuz my skin would produce more oil. I would stick to basic ingredient products or a higher end product with better quality.
Rachael B.
Rachael B.
Pittsburgh
Beauty Junkie Expert
Love this 3 step system. I use it every day and it cleared up my breakups and blemishes so much  it definitely met my expectations. It is a great value for the price. It is very gentle and not harsh at all. No need for improvement unless they made the 3 step into a one step solution so u don't Have to do 3 things with all your other skincare products you use daily but its still amazing and does what it says its supposed to do!
Kelsey L.
Kelsey L.
New Orleans, LA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Oh man. This stuff got a lot of hype when it first came out and no one really knew if the product reviews were honest or not. I have tried this a couple of times and I thought it was extremely harsh on the skin. It was also very very drying. I believe this product needs a lot of improvement. I would not recommend this to anyone as there are so many more brands out there that offer better quality products with better results.
Corbi P.
Corbi P.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I remember getting this product when I was in high school and it was such a big fad that everyone had to have proactive in order to have great skin. I tried it and didn't like it at first because it was resurfacing my great skin underneath the bottom to the point where I would have major breakouts for two weeks straight. However the results were simply amazing after that long two weeks passed. My skin was clear, pours Titan and not blemish to be found
Zanetta W.
Zanetta W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could give this zero stars I would. It dried out my skin, my acne flared up, and acne that was healing healed a lot slower. The main idea of drying out acne and having it "disappear" overnight is unreasonable. You've got to moisturize your skin with good vitamins and nutrients and make sure you are double cleansing in the evening. Diet is a huge factor and so are lifestyle choices. You can't just ZAP acne away.
Spanky W.
Spanky W.
Bensenville
Beauty Junkie Expert
Helps with bad skin tremendously. I recommend only to use as needed as it can really dry out your face like a dessert. Only promblem is when your acne is clear and you dont feel the need to use it anymore, your acne will come back 10 times fold. I dont knkw just how face reacted it. Had to get back on a more natural regime to stop the breakouts from not using this product. Good on spot like treatments.
Gina G.
Gina G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Stef'nie N.
Little Rock , AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?