BY PROACTIV

• Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?...3 Answers
  • Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it wo...10 Answers
My Beautiful Flaws ..
My Beautiful Flaws ..
Oakland, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
The Proactiv system is ok but not something that I feel should be used long-term. It really depends on the age and type of acne you're experiencing because all acne isn't the same. Some acne is caused by clogged pores and a lack of a proper skincare routine and daily cleansing. For those people, this system is way too much. It can quickly dry your skin out and cause even more issues down the line. Cystic acne or hormonal acne requires other types of treatment that this system may or may not help. With that said, this is a decent system to try if you're not ready to visit a doctor and just want to try a basic system to see how it helps. Just be cautious of using it for longer than 6 months. It's very harsh on the skin and can dry it out, which causes even more problems.
Trina S.
Trina S.
Alvin, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I initially liked proactive. It cleared my skin up which was a miracle because I had terrible cystic acne. I felt like a new woman. Then I started forming pits in my face (scarring I suppose) after continuing to use it for about 3 years straight. Then I stopped using it cold turkey. I thought if I continued to use it I would keep getting scars. After I quit using it I broke out for about a year even worse than before I used it. I did some research and saw this was an issue for many people. I would try to avoid using this product if possible as it may cause the same issues. Everyone is different but this was my experience.
Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Wilmington, NC
Beauty Junkie Expert
I used this as a teenager and in college.  This stuff is gold.  It definitely clears up acne and blemishes on your face.  I used to get this three pack for years.  I got my first few boxes online but then stopped the shipments and bought what I needed in the mall at the kiosk when I needed some.  (I found that I used a lot less of the STEP 3 and more of the 1 and 2--which resulted in a bunch of small bottles of the step 3 product) Love this stuff.  Please listen to the warnings about being outside though. You will burn in the sun without protection more easily while using this product!
Daniella H.
Daniella H.
Scarsdale, NY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm mostly positive about proactiv. It cleared my skin really well and has done a pretty good job of keeping it clear besides for the occasional pimple. My only negative is that it really dried me out and then I got to a point where I felt like my skin was producing extra oil to make up for how dry I was. I since have started using it only once a day instead of twice as well as using a less harsh cream for my second washing of the day and I am not as dry but it still works well. If you need help with your acne I would try it but pay attention to how your skin responds and adjust accordingly.
lauren b.
lauren b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Proactive is a nice acne system with a cleanser toner and spot treatment. And recently came out with a blackhead deal that treats your stubborn blackheads.( Haven't tried cause it wasn't available when I first purchase this when it first came out) but I did see a difference. I used it for 4months and my fave did clear up. Not all the way but it did work. I believe my face became immune to the system which it no longer wanted to clear.my face and just got use to the product so I quit purchasing them. But overall it did clear up a lot of blemishes and breakouts I had going on at the time.
Gabi T.
Gabi T.
FL
I have really bad acne and this was suppose to be so good for my skin like it always says.
I have used it multiple times and I thought it wasn't working because sometimes it take a week or so for you to get the product used to your skin. None of this worked for me besides the toner .. I feel like that was the best out of it all. That's why I rated this a one star because it isn't that grate of a product
Frida R.
Frida R.
at first when i used this, years ago, it was working then after a couple months it wasnt working the way it was. it kinda made my skin a little dry too and i have very oily skin so that wasnt too good. it also gave me white patches on my skin that didnt go away for some time. my skin although being oily and a bit sensitive takes very well to a good majority of products ive used but this product is the only one that left me with semi long term effects and changed the way it worked on my skin. it take care of the acne tho at first, not that i had bunch of it. i am giving this a 3 stars cus i like the way it worked at first and am judging on that
Brittany C.
Brittany C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't know what happened with this company. I've always had super sensitive skin and when I was in high school I swore by this stuff. I recently purchased the kit again this past march'17 because my skin was acting up. And I'm assuming they changed the formula because after a few uses my skin was worse! I'd developed a rash and more acne. I stopped using it and two days later my skin cleared up. It's really sad becaue this used to be a staple for me. Apparently they've never heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". My brother and cousin also had similar reactions. Mind you this happened with this system AND the Proactiv+ system.
brooke c.
brooke c.
st louis
Beauty Junkie Expert
this stuff is amazing! i had clogged pores (little bumps) all over my forehead because i have extremely oily skin and my oil clogged my pores and this routine really smoothed out my skin! i saw results after just two days. this mattified my skin, reduced oil, and smoothed out my forehead so it wasn't so bumpy anymore. you have to use the entire routine for it to work in my opinion. but now my forehead only has about 7 little bumps and it used to have 30+. in so thankful for this and now my forehead looks normal and smooth. before i used this my forehead looked so textured and rough in harsh lighting. i love this i will be repurchasing!
Alex B.
Alex B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was excited to finally try Proactiv after struggling with acne since age 11 and seeing all of the many Proactiv commercials and ads. I have to say, I was disappointed. Maybe I didn't use it long enough to see the results (3 weeks of dedicated regimen yielded absolutely no results), or maybe the formulas are just more targeted to those with teenage acne as opposed to adult acne (I first tried this product at age 21). Changing my diet and drinking more water proved more effective than Proactiv for me personally.
Gina G.
Gina G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Stef'nie N.
Little Rock , AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?