BY PROACTIV

• Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?...3 Answers
  • Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it wo...10 Answers
Rory A.
Works very well. I've been using proactiv for about five years now and I have to say it works great. The combination of the cleanser and brush works to scrub away dead skin cells, but sometimes it kind of dries out my skin, so you have to be careful not to scrub too hard. The toner draws out all the bad stuff and then sort of tightens everything. The step 3 works pretty well for me, but it only has 2.5% of benzoyl peroxide and sometimes I have to use a different product as a step 3, which has 5% benzoyl peroxide so it works stronger and better. Everything else is great though! I would recommend to anyone suffering from mild acne or an in the middle case of acne. There is one thing to remember though: proactiv doesn't work for everyone so there is no guarantee.
Brittany C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I don't know what happened with this company. I've always had super sensitive skin and when I was in high school I swore by this stuff. I recently purchased the kit again this past march'17 because my skin was acting up. And I'm assuming they changed the formula because after a few uses my skin was worse! I'd developed a rash and more acne. I stopped using it and two days later my skin cleared up. It's really sad becaue this used to be a staple for me. Apparently they've never heard of "if it ain't broke don't fix it". My brother and cousin also had similar reactions. Mind you this happened with this system AND the Proactiv+ system.
Sway S.
Beauty Junkie Expert
yawn...! Growing up I had horrible skin, kinda still do. Anyway, this was the GO TO product everyone suggested. (They had a GREAT marketing team) This system was advertised EVERYWHERE!! So my mom and I gave in and tried it on my horrible skin. I used this system consistently, and after 5-6mths I had no luck. Oh, I had cystic acne btw. People with severe acne this probably wouldn't work for you. (They may have changed the formula of this by now) I think for the people who get the occasional break out this may be more catered to you.
Bri J.
Glendale
Beauty Junkie Expert
If I could I would use these products everyday! I can't always afford them but when I do, I look forward to washing my face morning and night! I do believe the prices could be dropped a little more but the price is in fact worth it! Sometimes it can dry your skin out but can be easily prevented if used correctly and with other proactive products and moisturizers! I recommend this to everyone, even if you don't have acne or skin problems. It makes your skin look and feel flawless!
Samantha W.
Atlanta, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I liked proactive just fine. I like the face wash and how it is light yet has some beads in it. They recommend you use it daily, but I can find this is extremely drying! I would recommend using the face wash a few days a week. The astringent is good- basically just witch hazel though. The third step is the one I'd be careful with. I would absolutely only use this when you feel the need to. It bleaches EVERYTHING and can cause irritation to your skin and eyes. It really dries out your face.
Victoria C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This face wash and toner dried my OILY skin out. It irritates more than anything. My acne at the time was red and hurt to touch so rough and abrasive was not what I needed. That being said the spot treatment is just like any other benzoyl peroxide treatment. Effective for drying out acne and will bleach clothes. It's over priced if you are buying it for the spot treatment alone. Maybe try a more sensitive version if they offer that otherwise just skip this set.
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
Beauty Junkie Expert
My personal opinion is I didn't like it at all, but it isn't made for everyone. People are different. My face felt amazing for a little bit then it would get oily instantly. I did it exactly by the directions. Just wasn't for me.
Brianna P.
Madisonville, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was pretty disappointed in this subscription.. my mom started ordering this for me in high school. I've always dealt with bumps and redness, and for my skin, this didn't seem to help. I used this in the morning and night. I did the 3 steps like normal, but it just never helped. I was told my face would get worse before it got better, but I was more embarrassed after using this than before. I wouldn't recommend this for people with sensitive skin.
Stephanie C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is my go-to for any and ALL acne, redness or blemish issues! I've honestly tried Everything, even going to a dermatologist. So thankful in my late 20's I found this product! It truly works and is the ONLY product that I've used and literally it keeps working! My skin is clear and smooth! Always get compliments about my complication and recommendation Proactive every single time! This product is hands down the BEST!!
Brandy M.
Pelham, AL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This works great but didn't have anything for scarring that previous acne left if it did it would have been a 5 star review bc this works great it keeps you from having any break out while not drying your skin out or feeling harsh I don't usually have breakouts but my skin scars easy on my face so I have a couple little dark spots where I've had a break out before so I was needing something for the scarring more than break outs
Gina G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Little Rock , AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?