BY PROACTIV

• Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?...3 Answers
  • Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it wo...10 Answers
Kayleigh F.
Kayleigh F.
Beaverton, OR
Three stars because when you're a teenager and young adult with acne and no plans to change products anytime soon, this gets the job done. flash forward to your mid-twenties and your acne is a bit more mild and you want to experiment with moisturizers, serums, etc., drs. rodan and fields will scoff in your face.

"muahahaha, you're not getting away that easy."

at 28, i am finally, FINALLY, leaving this stuff behind. but i have to taper. usage suggestions are to use all three steps, morning and night. i started by continuing to use the cleanser and toner twice a day, and the harshest item (repairing lotion) only at night. after doing that, i IMMEDIATELY stopped having those oily yet dry patches on the tip of my nose and middle of chin. i have since stopped using the cleanser and switched to pore refining. this change did lead to a couple of bumps but have since gone away as my skin has learned, yes, i still love you, it's just time for you to detox . currently, i use the toner 2x a day, and the repairing lotion at night 3-4 times a week. my skin has never looked better make up free.
Tanya S.
Tanya S.
Houston, Tx
So I have a love and hate relationship with this product. it does clear your skin but what I've noticed is that when you stop using it your acne comes back. so I have some tips to help you out. first have a regular face wash routine/products. I use the clinque 3 step system. now whenever you have your worst acne only put the proactive on that spot not all over your face. try to alternate between your regular face wash and the proactive one so that your face won't start breaking out once you stop proactive. honestly my face cleared up . I had gotten really bad chin acne that was really painful and this really helped so much. now I don't use it unless I get really bad cyst which is rarely . 1 product I still use at times is the third step on my chin when I get tiny white heads and by the next day most are gone and by the third I'm clear again. (:

so yes get this but like I said this shouldn't be long term . you need to have a regular face routine with this.
Jetmira B.
Jetmira B.
Staten Island, NY
As a teenager i struggled with acne and tried everything i could get my hands on. I used this system and even went as far as buying extra face masks and on the spot treatments. I blew a ton of money on this when it had first come out and i thought it was brilliant! It did clear up my skin for the most part however it was so harsh on my skin. I have very sensitive skin especially around my eye area and this product dried my skin out so much it began to rip near my eyes. I had dry patches all over my skin and although it did clear up my acne it was not worth the horrible side effects it left on my skin.
Chelsy B.
Chelsy B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Proactive did help get rid of the small acne I had but it dried my skin out really bad(like flakey skin dry... Yuck!). So if anyone wants to use proactive I would also pair it with a non scented face lotion. After awhile I would use only the third step. I saw a difference when I stopped using steps 1 and 2. My face wasn't as dry, yet my acne was still clear. So I would recommend using the repairing treatment only if you are worried about having dry skin, because the repairing treatment still helps rid of bad acne.
Cathy W.
Cathy W.
Marina Dl Rey, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I've been using proactive for about 5-6 years now. The new and improved formula is a lot better. But I went to several dermatologists. I was using serums and creams that irritated my skin and made it itchy. My acne was insane but now it's under control thanks to proactiv. The only issue I would say is if you don't use it consistently you get bad breakouts. It's an addiction. I use it 2x a day and cannot go a night without it. It also helps with the texture of my skin. It has made it very smooth. I just love it.
Lauren C.
Lauren C.
Philadelphia, PA
About 8 months ago my face erupted in cystic acne. I am 28 years old and have never has a problem with my skin. Proactive was my last resort and i wish i had used it sooner. After about 3 weeks of using this product my skin cleared up significantly. I do still have minor breakouts "once a month", but nothing like it was months ago. Thank you proactive for giving me my clear skin back!
Kerri B.
Kerri B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ok, here's the low down on this product. I guess it's really good for regular acne, but I have hormonal acne and this product seems to work and then doesn't. If I use it too much then my face starts to get really dry in some spots. I will still continue to use it, but I am searching for other products out there they might be better suited for my skin.
Shaylyn C.
Shaylyn C.
Mastic, NY
While this does clear up acne, it also dried my skin up horribly. I couldn't use it daily like you were supposed to because of how drying it was. Then when it's automatically shipped to you, I couldn't use the stuff up quick enough. Honestly, there are way better acne skin treatments out there that don't dry my skin out.
Estephany H.
Estephany H.
Long Beach, CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Recently bought this since I wasn't happy with the acne in my face. It works... Left my face super soft and smooth and I'm seeing results. But, it does leave my face really dry even with the green tea moisturizer. I would recommend this because it does work, try it yourself. Everyones skin reacts differently.
Jeanelle S.
Jeanelle S.
This is great product if you're suffering from acne - especially in your teenage years. It's a no fail step system and smells great. The only cons are that it can stain fabrics and you have to keep using it to ensure that those pesky pimples don't return!
Gina G.
Gina G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Stef'nie N.
Little Rock , AR
Beauty Junkie Expert
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?