BY PROACTIV

• Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?1 Answers
  • I have been considering buying this but I have been heari...10 Answers
Ashley M.
Fresno, CA
As a teenager I suffered from acne that would just not go away. I tried everything at the drugstore and many things from the department store and nothing worked. My mom got me Proactiv after much begging. At the time you had to buy a subscription from an infomercial and she was fully convinced it was a scam. After one month of treatment my skin was worse than before and I was an emotional mess. I decided to stick it out and keep using. I used Proactiv for two years and my skin cleared up, was smooth, eventually the dark marks from acne went away and I had skin that didn't require daily make up. It was glorious. I eventually moved away from this line and switched over to AHA based cleansers but this was a great kickstart to my clear skin.
Kelly M.
Augusta, GA
I've used this product several times throughout my years. I feel that it does do a good job of cleaning up acne. I've struggled with back acne and this was the only thing that worked to clear it up. Sometimes I felt like a walking billboard talking about proactive, because it really made me a believer.  I will say that it is fairly harsh.  I had to use Accutane after my second child due to severe cystic acne, and Proactive was too harsh to use on my sensitive skin. It also hadn't worked well enough on the cystic acne prior to getting medication, as my dermatologist still recommended I use Accutane since I was starting to scar. I would recommend using this if you have body acne or large spot breakouts.
Dawn S.
Williamsburg
Considering this is the same set from my other review, here that one is: I wish I could give
zero stars. First of all, they stink horribly. They all have the same
heavy chemical smell. The cleanser doesn't do much and wouldn't remove
makeup (don't know if it's supposed to be able to, but there was a lot
left on my face). Toner made no difference in my skin. Lotion was so hard to even get out of the bottle. And it made my skin oily.
In the end it didn't even clear my acne. All of this plus learning
Proactiv is NOT cruelty free has led me to the decision to not
repurchase.Ever.
Sandy M.
Long Beach, CA
This was the first skincare system I had tried in college when my skin had broken out. As a college student, I remember seeing a whole bunch of commercial based on it and I decided to try it out. When I did tried it out, at first, I thought it would just be like one of the products that I thought would work on my skin. But, unfortunately, it was just not right for my skin and I have oily combo skin.
Tracy B.
Whitewright, TX
I must admit I didn’t think I had terrible acne but after I had my last child I started getting acne. I never had it growing up which I’m very lucky for not but as I turned 27 my face started getting acne here and there and it is mostly hormonal so I wasn’t sure anything would work but after using pro active consistently my face started looking soooo good! I was super excited and I still use this system. I have very dry skin usually so I have to use a good moisturizer after doing the 3 steps but it’s totally worth it to me.
Sway S.
Humphrey, AR
yawn...! Growing up I had horrible skin, kinda still do. Anyway, this was the GO TO product everyone suggested. (They had a GREAT marketing team) This system was advertised EVERYWHERE!! So my mom and I gave in and tried it on my horrible skin. I used this system consistently, and after 5-6mths I had no luck. Oh, I had cystic acne btw. People with severe acne this probably wouldn't work for you. (They may have changed the formula of this by now) I think for the people who get the occasional break out this may be more catered to you.
Karen K.
Summerville
I ordered this product and my favorite product by far is the toner which contains glycolic acid so it smoothes out imperfections without harsh scrubs. To be honest the cleanser is too harsh for aging skin and the BP all over lotion is too harsh on sensitive skin. I would recommend the toner by itself to friends and family but not the other products plus they actually made my skin worse on occasion because it was too drying but used with a different cleanser and moisturizer the toner is a 5 out of 5 stars.
Angelica M.
Canoga Park, CA
To start off i started using this in my teens when i started to breakout it worked wonderful on my skin and never irritated my skin never broke me out this was in 2002. Flash forward to today my skin is not the same it use to be so it goes to say using something that you used in your teens may not work the the same as using something when your 29. Figure out what works for you at the age your in. Great for acne skin just figure out what skin type you are. If you want to test something always buy the trial size first.
Ashley R.
Walnut Ridge, AR
I have adult cystic acne. I've used ProActiv off and on for years. It helps with the big breakouts until I can get into my dermatologist office for the potent stuff. The smell isn't bad like some acne products, but keep in mind this isn't some product for pampering yourself, it's medicinal. The scrub is a bit too much for my skin so I buffer it with a little bit of lotion. It's not a long term system for me, but I know plenty of acne sufferers who use it every day with good results.
Megan M.
Resaca, GA
My personal opinion is I didn't like it at all, but it isn't made for everyone. People are different. My face felt amazing for a little bit then it would get oily instantly. I did it exactly by the directions. Just wasn't for me.
Gina G.
I have been considering buying this but I have been hearing it works and then it doesn't. Has anyone tried this product??
Jessica H.
Does this really work ? And how well does it work for oily skin ?? Thinking of buying it
Stef'nie N.
Conway, AR
Would anyone say that this product helps with dark spots?