BY PROACTIV #96 in Acne Treatments

The proactiv 3-step system helps treat and prevent acne breakouts with proven acne-fighting ingredients. The renewing cleanser and repairing lotion contain benzoyl peroxide, a proven acne medicine known to kill and prevent acne bacteria. The alcohol-free revitalizing toner helps to gently remove excess oil and soften acne-prone skin with glycolic acid. This kit also includes the proactiv refining mask, formulated with acne-fighting sulfur to help purge impurities and minimize the appearance of pores. You also get green tea moisturizer, the perfect lightweight, oil-free, non-greasy moisturizer for acne-prone skin. see more...

Reviews (2016)
Jenna B.
When I first started using this about one year ago, I instantly saw my acne getting smaller and it went away mostly. Over time, I kept getting a few acne patches here and there but now that I'm starting to use another cleanser (too pricey for how ineffective it is), my acne is back and it's everywhere. I recommend Philosophy if you're looking for something that actually works, and it's only one step. If you are going to use this, you need to stay on top of it. The less you do it, the more acne there is. Step one eventually started making my face burn a little bit, but I liked the exfoliators in it. The toner, or step two, is the best thing out of all three. It makes my face smooth in seconds after I feel it starting to be tight. Step three I think is what actually keeps the acne away. The moisturizer is nice and light and definitely doesn't clog your pores. The emergency blemish relief isn't magic, I barely notice a difference when I use it. Overall I don't recommend.
Nidhi R.
Greenwood Vlg
So when I started Proactive after a friend suggested this to me, I was very excited and quite sure it would solve all my problems. And it did in the first month of use, after 2 weeks my acne reduced a lot and there was a difference I could see but in the second month it all started coming back, Proactive did not work anymore on my skin and was hugely disappointed as these products come so expensive and I did not know what to do!!! Greatly annoyed with Proactive. Plus it's just chemicals, not sure how good that is in the long run
Marisa L.
Youngsville, NC
Depending on who you ask, proactive either saved them, or made things worse. In my case it cleared up my acne and left my skin very healthy, (only downside was the dryness) but as for my mother and 1 of my friends, it didn't do anything but make the acne worse! So in my case it did help, but other people weren't as lucky, you'll never know how your skin will react until you use it yourself !
Amber K.
N Huntingdon , PA
For some reason I started getting acne well into my 20’s. Who would have thought it’s not just for teenagers anymore? Anyway I tried the Proactiv system and at first my face looked a bit worse, with dry patches and the pimples were still there. Just give it a month because after a month my skin started to look amazingly better. With continued use of these products, a hormonal pimple or two may pop out once a month. I’m happy with the results and do recommend these products!
Leia G.
East Canton
When I first got this product, I was so excited because it was around when my acne was at it's worst (or so I thought). But when I first used it, my skin was practically burning on. My face was red for about a week and my acne practically got worst and even more oily afterwards, which I thought couldn't even happen. It's way too pricey for how terrible it is. I've seen that other people have better experiences with it, but mine definitely wasn't close to that.
Bri W.
Baltimore, MD
Listen, proactive is great - As long as you keep using proactive for the rest of your life. It cleared most of my adult acne in about a month, but continued to dry out my skin after my skin was clear. Nothing a little moisturizer (or a lot) can’t fix. But when i tried switching off of proactive, my skin FREAKED OUT. I broke out in tiny bumps, and got rosacea all over. I’ve finally got my skin back to normal, but would definitely not recommend to a friend
MaJhané D.
I first used this product when I was in high school. I would see the commercials all the time and it didn’t meet my expectations at all. It’s over-priced and did NOT work for me at all. I liked the fact that there were easy steps to follow as well as a free lotion that was meant to moisturize skin and reduce bumps and pimples. I was never satisfied and I used this off and on for years. Finally realized that this product wasn’t going to work for me like it did for the people in the commercials.
Taylor B.
My brother actually bought this and was too lazy to ever use it, so I decided to try it for him. I did love it. My face felt refreshed after and looked really clear. Almost like magic. But I can see where it could be a little harsh. I do have sensitive skin and was a little nervous. After using the toner my fave got extremely tight and burned a little. But in the fact end it worked out and I now use it daily.
Krista B.
Cottage grove , MN
I liked this product at first and felt like it was really working. It did seem though after a couple months of use I started to get really bad cystic acne and wasn't using anything else at the time. I would not reccomend this product and I'd definitely not reccomend ordering it online or over the phone because they sign you up for auto shipment without your knowledge and it's very hard to cancel it. They were taking money out of my account for a long time after I had canceled it, I ended up having to cancel my card and get a new one. Also my cystic acne got so much worse after I stopped using this, I'd never had this type of acne prior to the use of this product. Today I am left with large, ugly scars on my face :(
Lilian C.
Do not use this. I used it for cystic acne and I struggled tremendously to fix the problem after I stopped using this. I stopped using it because after 2 or 3 months it stopped doing anything for my skin and more acne started to develop. As soon as I stopped my face developed the most acne it has ever had. After about a year it slowed down, and I struggled for years after to get my face fully clear.
Charl L.
Has this worked on your skin?
Isabel R.
St Petersburg, FL
I wanna try these but I'm scared it won't work... What do you guys think? Has it worked for you?
Colleen P.
Buffalo Grove, IL
Does Proactiv 3 Step Acne Treatment System (60 Day) actually work? I've been having really bad hormonal break outs lately and they are driving me nuts!
Mariel S.
Miami
How can I get this product?

back