PRO PLAN® DOG SNACK SAVOR® Roasted Slices Made With Real Chicken uploaded by Alyee H.PRO PLAN® DOG SNACK SAVOR® Roasted Slices Made With Real Chicken uploaded by Alyee H.PRO PLAN® DOG SNACK SAVOR® Roasted Slices Made With Real Chicken uploaded by Alyee H.

BY PRO PLAN

For those who believe in life without compromise. Each slice is made with 80% real chicken breast, accented with natural seasonings and oven-baked to bring out its natural flavor and aroma--for a delicious taste dogs love, and quality you can trust.

Alyee H.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Well I have two lovable pups one large 65 lbs the other tiny 10 lbs that would love to consume anything and everything if I would let them. I am excited to give these treats a go and see if it’s a treat that I would purchase again, although I am hesitant.

Packaging: I received a sample pack with the size of 1.2 oz. The packaging is appealing. The packaging is mostly black giving the appeal to the dark savory taste. Never before seeing these treats or product line from Purina I would think it would have shelf appeal.

I am hesitant to give either of my dogs treat like these because they normally eat grain free, or organic like carrots or apples (without seeds) to name a few. I am worried since this is a processed treat that it will possibly upset their stomachs.

Appearance & Smell: I literally cut open a tiny piece of the package and the scent came bursting out like crazy. I guess it’s very tasty smelling because without hearing the crinkle of the package my dogs came barreling into the room. Now I know especially knowing my not-so-picky dogs will eat practically anything that I don’t think a product really needs to overdo it in the scent. I think that’s more appeal to the consumer and the perspective it’s more enjoyable for your dog. However I find it very strong and repulsive as the provider of the food to my animal it’s not something I want to handle.

The treat is a light colored tan and all the three pieces I received are in some odd oblong shape. The feel and touch of the treat is that of a weird soft patty. They look like squished processed Mcnuggets. The treats are flexible and I can see providing a chew for the dogs if you were to give them larger pieces. The treat leaves a little residue on your fingers after handling. These wouldn’t be my first choice in treat training because of the feel and having to touch many little pieces at a time.

Use/Consumption by dogs: I rarely keep packaged treats like this in the house anymore. It’s very easy to over treat and fatten up your dog. That’s why I tend to stick to natural treats. Given that it recommends consumers don’t go over the 10% of your dog’s daily caloric requirement. I don’t think people realize or care if they fatten up their pouches. It does affect your dog’s health and wellbeing so just safely treat your dog in small portions no matter what size your dog is.

The treats are easy to break into small pieces with your fingers. I would say they are softer than I expected. These are not meant to be tough as
jerky.

Since I don’t know how my dogs will react I gave them a tiny piece to start with, of course they devoured it almost immediately. All the savory taste was probably wasted by them shoveling it down their throats, but indeed they did like it. I would say they ate this piece of Purina’s savory dog treat just as quickly as a piece of apple.

They did not have any adverse reactions such as diarrhea, upset stomach, or puking so that’s one positive note.

Overall: My opinions that they are okay I am not sure I would purchase again. My best guess as my dog’s perspective is they loved them and would love if I just keep giving them until they explode and that really goes for anything even lettuce. My dogs will eat lettuce like it’s nobody’s business. I think the scent is overbearing and is not great for handling.

I received this item at a discounted price for my honest review. Every review I do is based 100% off of my experience with the product and I do not guarantee a positive review.
Tyra B.
Riverview, FL
I recently had the opportunity to try a sample of these treats for free! Thank you Purina Pro Plan!
What I feel you should know about this product; crafted in the USA, made with real chicken, made without corn, wheat and artificial colors or flavors, oven roasted for a flavor dogs love, they're perfect for any size dog...feed whole or can easily be torn into smaller pieces. I have three dogs and they love them!!!
The price point can vary greatly, so be sure to check out different stores for the best pricing. I will definitely continue to give these delicious chicken snacks to my dog pack. I would also love to see a variety of flavors in the future. I have recommended these treats to friends and family. My pack gives them three woofs up!
Byron M.
Maricopa, AZ
Our dogs are big lovers of these great products. With two very finicky Pekingese lap dogs, we have tried so many different types that we were sending unused ones to friends and family members. The dogs love the chicken treats. We had great service from Chewy.com and the savings from the big box retailers was almost 35%. Not to mention free shipping and the fact that I didn't have to drive 25 minutes to go find them. The treat is so popular that most of the time I have to make two or three trips because the stores are out. I couldn't be more happier with the products and service.
Danielle S.
Carnegie, PA
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
I received these as a free sample and my dog absolutely loved them. They are larger then her typical treats but you can rip them very easily. I like them because they made me more confident I was giving my dog somethings healthier. I only rated them 4 stars because when I took my $4 coupon out I went to 3 stores before finding them at the 4th and the only bag they had was $14. I ended up getting another ProPlan treat and my dog loves them.
Cheryl W.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I received these as a free sample and my dog loved them. They smell good in the pack and had a nice shape and texture. I liked the fact they have no artificial colors or flavors. She is a small-medium dog and it was just the right size for her. Definitely will be buying these again.
sarah W.
Nicholasville, KY
I got these in the mail as a sample. My dogs are westies so they are considered medium. They absolutely loved this treats. These treats would be great for a senior dog. They are very chewy and you can easily tear them into pieces. I would highly recommend these.
Heather F.
Prnc Frederck, MD
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
My dog love these she eats them when she good it does really meet my expectations and I got this as a sample on pinch me and my dog enjoys them it amazing really good dog treats really recommend all you dog lovers to try this out :)
Amanda D.
Dayton, TN
We love Purina Pro Plan for our dog. These treats look so yummy and our dog devours them. I love the quality ingredients of their pro plan line. I know I'm giving my dog good treats that he loves!
Beverly D.
If you want your dog to have the worst gas then give these to them. I could have sworn the paint was coming off the wall from the fumes of dog has.
Tayler A.
Trumann, AR
My dogs love these. They literally eat them in one chomp. I love this line of dog treats.. my dogs do, too!
Nadine D.
Edmonton, AB
Pet Lover Expert Level 4
Would a human being be able to eat these?
Mary M.
SPRING, TX
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
Where can you find these?