Private Practice  uploaded by Melissa B.Private Practice  uploaded by Melissa B.

BY PRIVATE PRACTICE #80 in TV

• Does anyone else hate they've killed off soo many people from Pri...13 Answers
  • Is this show even close to as good as Grey's?3 Answers
  • I feel I should start to watch this on netflix ,is it worth it ?6 Answers
Private Practice
  • "I really wanted to love this show because it was a spin off of Greys Anatomy & Addison's personal life, but I just couldn't keep my interest in it." in 18 reviews
  • "I really enjoyed this show - it was a little too much "drama" for me every now and then, but overall I liked the cast, characters, and the relationships / story lines that evolved over time." in 10 reviews
  • "I wasn't a huge fan of Addison's character in Grey's Anatomy...But I absolute love her now that I'm watching her from her point of view I love her...Private practice is definitely one of my favorite shows...I look forward to Tuesday nights...Jake is great eye candy...I'm just sad the show will be ending after this season :(" in 9 reviews
  • "I started watching this because of Addison and the spin-off of Grey's Anatomy, but had a very hard time staying interested in it." in 7 reviews
  • "I used to watch this show while I was watching Grey's Anatomy and I kind of stopped watching both, but I really enjoyed it!" in 7 reviews
Meaghan G.
Pleasanton , CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I really liked this show and love Kate Walsh. I'm sad they took it off Netflix but I'll have to find it on another streaming service. The only reason it's not five stars is the plot got a little rough at the end but it's a great cast and solid spin off!
Elizabeth L.
Jacksonville, NC
The curtains are closing on ABC’s hit series “Private Practice.” Now in its sixth season, the “Grey’s Anatomy” spin-off is down to its final two episodes in the series.

Knowing that your show is being canceled in advance (versus the norm where you find out mid-season, or at the end of the season with no chance to write more episodes) allows the writers a chance to beautifully tie up loose ends and give the series closure. The writers of “Private Practice” are doing exactly that.

But they’re not doing it in the traditional “Private Practice” episode format. Instead, they’ve taken a gamble this season by making each of the final episodes character vignettes focusing on one character at a time, through a narrative from the point of view of a given character. And it’s a gamble that’s paid off.

Taking the audience on an emotional roller-coaster ride week after week as week the Seaside Health and Wellness family has had us experience Addison’s (Kate Walsh) life as a new mom in a healthy, stable relationship with soon-to-be husband Jake (Benjamin Bratt); Charlotte’s (KaDee Strickland) turmoil being confined to a months long bedrest with triplets; Cooper’s (Paul Adelstein) struggles to support his wife, son and premie daughter; Violet’s (Amy Brenneman) acceptance of her husband’s sudden and tragic death; Sheldon’s (Brian Benben) secret suffering of prostate cancer (which was one of the most touching episodes of the series); Amelia’s (Caterina Scorsone) endeavors to move beyond her addictions, the baggage of her past and give dating and love another chance; and Sam’s (Taye Diggs) attempts to let go of a relationship gone-wrong.

At current stance, we’ve experienced a few rare moments of show creator and executive producer Shonda Rhimes‘ happy ending, which is certain to say tragedy and turmoil are just around the corner in the final two weeks. But I have a feeling things will end nicely overall.

The Verdict: I’ve never loved “Private Practice” as much as I do right now. Having had lukewarm feelings about the show off and on the past few years, it’s crazy that in it’s final hours I’ve never felt more excited or more invested in this series than I do now. It’s safe to say the cast, the crew, the writing — are simply at their very best.
Erica S.
Marion, MI
I love Grey's Anatomy which is why I watched this. Though I did not find it to be as captivating as Grey's Anatomy I still thought this was a good show and watched every season but I will say it seemed to end way to fast. I wasn't pleased with the last season for this reason, it seemed quite rushed.
Melanie S.
Hampstead, MD
I loved that they had a spin off of grey's anatomy and you got to see the back story of some of the other characters of the show. Definitely enjoyed seeing Amelia and her back story, it helped you understand things more. I also enjoyed understanding Addison more. It kind of made me like her more she wasn't just Derick's ex-wife.
Elisabeth E.
Brewton, AL
I'm watching this series now! It's amazing, it's just as intriguing as Greys Anatomy with out a lot of the drama. It's great and touches all of your emotions. My opinion on this would be just watch it even if you haven't watched Greys Anatomy. It's that good.
Amanda J.
Rochester, MN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
If you like Grey's Anatomy, this show is for you! I LOVED Private Practice. It features one of the characters from Grey's Anatomy and is a spin off. The acting is great and so is the music. There's comedy, drama, suspense, romance, etc in the series. I thoroughly enjoyed it and highly recommend it!
Perfashionista T.
Boca Raton, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Really nice spin off show of Grey's Anatomy. Online Grey's the creator of the show knew when to close this one down when time comes. One should watch Grey's Anatomy first and then look up when the two shows cross paths and watch them together!
Amanda W.
Lexington, KY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Addison was such a great character in Grey's so I'm glad she got a spin off! This show is much more believable in terms of the drama, and I love the medicine aspect of it that remains.
Melissa B.
Farmingdale, NJ
Okay, I preface this by saying that I agree with the cancellation because the show certainly ran its course. However, this is one of my favorite shows because of its portrayal of tragedy and emotions. I often found myself completely emphasizing with the characters and crying over the more heartbreaking moments. It was very moving and very real. I will also say that despite their obvious flaws, I love the women of Private Practice. They all are so strong and driven and powerful, each in their own way. I originally started watching because I was so much more drawn to Addison as a character than to Meredith Grey and I was never disappointed. In addition, I was so impressed with the episode about Charlotte's rape and how the cast and crew worked with RAINN to advocate about sexual violence. Very well done.
Candy C.
Las vegas, NV
Highly recommend this show! The only downfall is you will be hooked! Don't start this show unless you have plenty of time on your hands because you won't want to stop watching!.
Sarah L.
Kunkletown, PA
Private Practice or Grey's Anatomy? Which do you like best?
Rena A.
Riverview, FL
Do you know this is the very last season
Morgan L.
Blmngton Spgs, TN
Does anyone else hate they've killed off soo many people from Private Practice and Grey's Anatomy?!
Alisha H.
Who else is excited for Amelia to become a recurring character on Grey's??
Rachel P.
Woodstock, GA
Should Addison get back with Sam?