BY PRINCESS CRUISES #5 in Cruise Lines

Michelle C.
Choctaw
I went on the Princess Ruby from the Port of Los Angeles on the 7-day Mexican Riviera cruise on 12/23-12/30 and it was a mixture of relaxation, adventure, and festivities! From the moment we boarded, the staff was lively and welcoming. All of the organized activities were so much fun. Our cruise ran through Christmas and I enjoyed seeing the staff so energetic and giving it their all, despite working through the holidays, potentially away from friends and family. The shows were entertaining, and I particularly appreciated the fact that they brought on a local group for the Mexican Folkloric dance. The food was all amazing and Princess Cruises has a fairly liberal drink policy, allowing you to bring on non-alcoholic beverages and one bottle of wine per individual over 21. I only wish that we had chosen the traditional dining option instead of anytime dining so that we wouldn't have to worry about reservations and seating for our large group of 23. Would go back again!
Dinah B.
Windsor
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have only cruised a handful of times, so I am not an expert.  My daughter, niece and I did a two week Alaska vacation in 2016.  We spent the first week driving in the Interior and the second week we cruised from Whittier to Vancouver on Princess.   Perhaps I am just not a cruiser, but I just did not love it.  The cabin was ok...it was a cruise ship cabin...it's not like we were in a luxury hotel.  We had a balcony cabin which was nice even though it was cold (obviously) and we could not spend a lot of time on it...but I am glad we got it.  What I did not like was the food was not great.  I was unprepared for that.  The last cruise I was on had fantastic food, comparable to what one would receive in a nice restaurant.  Not here.  It reminded me of what one would get at a casino boat buffet.  It just wasn't tasty..then there was the hair in one of my meals, but enough about that.  The activities were not interesting, but perhaps they were to others.  This was our best option to get to the Alaskan ports - Ketchikan, Juneau, and Skagway so we dealt with it....but I would  never do it again. Princess Cruises
Tiffany D.
Mission Hills, CA
First and last time.
Definitely one of the lesser cruise experiences I’ve had. Beau and I decided to do a spur trip for my bday. First off they changed our itinerary: FLL, Turks & Caicos, Amber Cover, DR. The island stop for Turks & Caicos was changed to A PRINCESS owned island (Princess Cays) Bahamas, I’d already visited the Bahamas so it wasn’t worth it. I was beyond excited to visit Turks when without notice or any returns of funds they didn’t offer anything to us. Another Foe they didn’t offer unlimited specialty beverage pkg for purchase like other cruise lines. To purchase it would have been $75/ day x 2 of us. Which was ridiculous for our weeklong adventure. Drinks were expensive for a cruise considering what was being ordered and where. One good thing was the Crown Grill Specialty Dining, the Filet Mignon was delicious. I also enjoyed the anytime style dining where we were paired with random strangers cruising along.
another foe was the staffs LACK of interaction with guests. Seemed like if you weren’t in the kids club that was it. They had one theme night and their game nights seemed more revolved around the staff and less around the guests.
The shows were good. Dj JT was awesome he played great music and openly took suggestions. The nightlife was Fun fun fun.
First time cruising Princess & 1st time in an inside Cabin my family cruises another cruise Line and always do suites w/ balcony. So i don’t recommend an inside. You lose track of the day.
Alexis I.
Raleigh
I recently went on my first Princess cruise! It was the perfect cruise line to travel with my husband and in laws. There was something for us to do all the time together or separately. I liked how it wasn’t always a party like it has been on carnival cruises because my in laws were looking for a more relaxing vacation. The food was very delicious! The only down side was that I felt like the bartenders were not very personable and seemed annoyed. I have had a better experience with the staff on Carnival ships. Overall, I would definitely take another Princess cruise!
Melissa F.
Chandler, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
My husband and I went on a princess cruise to Alaska and had a blast! The cruise was fun and it travel through some beautiful parts of Alaska. There were some fun things to do on the ship, however I feel that this was geared more toward towards older people as there was not a ton of extra things to do. The food on the ship was absolutely amazing and we had a great time on the excursions. I do feel the excursions Were overpriced a little, but they were beautiful. I would recommend princess cruises if you were not looking for a great deal to do on the ships
Meg P.
Festus
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The Princess Cruise to Alaska was a wonderful time! They kept everyone in my party (ages 16-60+) occupied on board. The shows, food, and service were all good. They constantly had cocoa and blankets available on deck and the crew was so willing to serve. The crew was also knowledgeable on what we were seeing - the a.m. tour of the fjord was so fascinating! They were educational, but also gave us plenty of time to enjoy what we were seeing and take our pictures. I would take more Princess cruises!
Marli S.
Miami Beach, FL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
If you plan on taking a cruise to relax on a luxurious liner than Princess is you cruise line. The second I walked onto the ship I didn’t want to touch anything because it was so beautiful. The hospitality was amazing as all cruises are, but the food was out of this world. We actually paid to go to the steak house on board because we heard it was amazing & boy was it! That is still the best steak I’ve ever had in my life.
Olivia S.
Avondale, AZ
I love Princess Cruises! They make everything so easy especially booking! The cabins are amazing every time! The ships are so beautiful and kid friendly! Can’t find anything negative about it! Definitely would recommend this to anyone in need of a vacation.
Adrienne M.
Edgewood, KY
The staff was great, the boat was so clean! I really enjoyed the different restaurants and the coffee bar. I loved all the excursions that were available. I actually tried to plan the same trip without the cruise but the cruise is a much better deal! My room wasn’t great and the bed was super uncomfortable, but my parents room with the balcony was super nice!
Savannah K.
Gilbert, AZ
I had an amazing time on our princess cruise to the caribean. We went to st. Maarten, st. Thomas, and grand caymen. All the islands were beautiful and had fun excursions. We went on a jeep tour, went snorkeling on two islands, and a historical bus tour. We booked the excursions through the cruise line although you had the option to do other excursions through independent sources. The food on the cruise was amazing. The all day food was really good. The finer cuisine from the restaurants was 5 stars. The entertainment was too notch from broadway like musicals to comedians to art classes. We would definately go again and the desination honestly wouldnt matter as much becuase we had so much fun on the ship itself.
jami g.
Grants Pass, OR
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
What's been your favorite princess cruise destination?
Melissa P.
Amherst, NS
Globetrotter Expert Level 4
I have never been on a cruise but would love to go any recommendations
Patricia A.
Opelika, AL
Is it worth the cost for the trip?
Connie E.
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Do they have lots of activities on board for their guests?
Danielle S.
Mcmurray, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
What is your favorite Princess Cruise? Would you recommend any in particular?