Prince of Persia  Video Game uploaded by Jodi T.Prince of Persia  Video Game uploaded by Angela A.Prince of Persia  Video Game uploaded by Angela A.
Prince of Persia  Video Game

Prince of Persia Video Game

BY PRINCE OF PERSIA

• Which console is your favorite to play Prince of Persia on?9 Answers
  • Which Prince of Persia game is your favorite?9 Answers
Prince of Persia  Video Game
Prince of Persia Video Game
Julia S.
I've never been a fan of seriously violent video games, which is (oddly enough) why I decided to buy this. What violence does occur is usually against shadowy creatures, in which a beautiful restoration of the land follow after it's defeat (in a style that reminds many of the game Okami.) Along with the fact that you're generally not required to even defeat non-boss enemies helps.

The graphics are so beautifully detailed, that many might not even notice it's cell shaded. The the amazing, but easily pulled off acrobats make things flow nicely with it. The whole world of the game opens up to the player in large, uninterrupted sections at a time, that can be completed in any order. Making exploring and 100% completion much more interesting.

Now in this game, a game over is pretty much impossible as your partner will save you from every fall or final blow with no limit. Though Xbox's achievements discourage it's overuse. This can be both a good and bad thing. On one hand, it might not appeal to those simply looking for a challenge, but on the other hand; this allows you to play a game fully without fear and may therefore be greatly more appealing to less experienced players wanting to explore into the more popular franchises.

As far as character designs go, they look nice, but seem to lack a matching personality (mostly the unnamed, non-royal "Prince".) His look screams powerful and mysterious, and while that's true; he's pretty much the class clown of the game. Though you grow to love these two main characters, as they're all you got in that lonely land.

Some bigger complaints of mine with this game though, include problems with the story/dialogue and file saving system.

Most dialogue has to be triggered with a button pressed as you move through different areas, at the cue of a small icon in the corner. While this allows you to play uninterrupted, it also makes it easy to miss important plot points and some witty banter.

The game save files I personally found annoying, as each file can easily be duplicated or overwritten unintentionally with a slight tap off the controller. Also, details of each file are difficult if not impossible to individually delete (as far as I can tell), and provide very limited and unhelpful details. But it's pro is that this system makes saving a very quick process.

Other then that, you often have difficult to work with camera angles, as the camera feels you should be looking at this from it's choice of view, not yours. I don't consider this extremely problematic though, as it's usually right.

Overall, this game has become so cheap (especially used) that there's little to no reason not to add it to your gaming collection. A decent, very inexpensive game.
Caleb S.
Haskell, NJ
This game was far from satisfactory. While the plot kept me entertained enough for one play through, there was not much action, the enemies seemed very basic and predictable, and the ending was anticlimactic. It had much potential, but it fell short. So many ideas were underdeveloped. I usually replay most games to gain achievements, but I have found it difficult to do so for this one. I am not a dedicated fan to the Prince of Persia series, but I had much hope for this installment. The different graphics were interesting, with cell shading making colors more pronounced, and I loved the new prince; his attitude was amusing and a breath of fresh air amongst the cliche need for the hero to be serious and morally righteous. I wish they built on this prince more, since he was one of the only redeeming qualities of this game.
Erica V.
I am a huge fan of the Prince of Persia series and have played pretty much all games Prince of Persia (PC, PS2, and PS3). I would have to say this was my least favorite. The controls were constricting in the game and most of the platforming just involved repetitive pushing of one button. The fighting was also too constricting with prompts for blocking interrupting the fighting sequences. The fighting does have a nice combo system, but it seems that is how they intended the fighting to be combo after combo. If you're into platinum's (PS3), it's not too difficult. I thought I would have to be tortured with an entire second play-through, but thankfully it only required playing a little into another game. I won't lie, I finished the game and got the platinum because it's a Prince of Persia game.
Steve T.
Coming from someone who has never played the older trilogy of games, this new iteration was visually appealing, from the backdrops to the enemies to the flow of battle. Enemies are fought one on one, giving it a cinematic feel. Puzzles were, at times, clever, and movement throughout the open world was fluid. However, whenever you would be on the brink of death, you'd be saved, either starting from a checkpoint on the ledge you just fell off or starting at the beginning of the battle. You miss out on the tension, because there is no consequence besides starting again, though it does speed up the game as you don't have to wait through a game over screen and reload. This game though is perfect for gamers who don't want a lot of stress and enjoy visually appealing gameplay.
Rebekah P.
Pounding Mill, VA
I really liked this game, although I think I would have liked it more if it wasn't so open, is that the word? lol I guess I just like my games on the straight and narrow. The concept of choosing different routes was great I just didn't think your choices made that much of a difference other than when you faced certain bosses yes? It has been a while since I played it, I do remember how it ended though and it was horrible yes horrible! lol I'm just kidding, it wasn't. I would have liked to have seen some happy ending though cause I just know these two had some feelings for each other, well the prince did for sure just look what he did at the end for her! lol
Domoni G.
Camas, WA
The flow and art of this game move so well it is like being in a movie. The graphics alone are captivating. The Characters are witty and creative.

I loved how this game altered things from the original series. I have spent a long time just wandering around and exploring the world created. I fully enjoy immersing myself in this fame. I do wish it lasted longer. It didn't take much time to beat.
Andrew H.
Winder, GA
The Good: Stunning visuals and art design, platforming is lots of fun, no load screens, good voice acting and story telling, feels more like a sequel than Warrior Within ever did.

The Bad: The Prince character is a bit cliched and not very likable through most of the game, the depth of the combat is hindered by the constant prompts to block, some players will want something more challenging.
christie p.
The Good
Intricate level design Beautiful art direction Platforming is entertaining and looks great Cinematic combat moves are cool to pull off and impressive to watch Elika's presence leads to unique gameplay mechanics.

The Bad
Really, really easy The new prince isn't a good leading man Some combat and platforming annoyances.
Candy R.
I've played all of the Prince of Persia games, and I have to say this is the best one. I love the main characters and the foundation to the game. Although the game was great I really wish there was more to do and the game could've been longer but thats the beauty of it.
Nevs V.
Heh, this can be a very fun game if you keep in mind that you will be frustrated at times. It's not the easiest there is so think strategically! It's about figuring things out just as it's about fighting them. I think anyone who enjoys games will like this one.
Heather F.
Petros, TN
Which console is your favorite to play Prince of Persia on?
Heather F.
Petros, TN
Which Prince of Persia game is your favorite?