HealthMedicines & TreatmentsAntacidsPrilosec
OTC Frequent Heartburn Medicine and Acid Reducer Tablet

Prilosec OTC Frequent Heartburn Medicine and Acid Reducer Tablet

by Prilosec

With one pill each morning, Priosec OTC blocks the acid so you don’t get heartburn in the first place.*

Here’s how it works:

- When you eat, millions of tiny pumps in your stomach produce acid to break down food.

- Heartburn occurs when stomach acids flow back into your esophagus.

- Prilosec OTC blocks many of these pumps, reducing acid production at the source.

If you’re experiencing heartburn two or more days a week, trust the #1 Doctor†, Gastroenterologist^ and Pharmacist^^ Recommended OTC Frequent Heartburn Medicine/Acid Reducer for 10 straight years.

Omeprazole Delayed-Release Tablet 20mg (equivalent to 20.6mg omeprazole magnesium)- Acid Reducer. Inactive Ingredients: glyceryl monostearate, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, iron oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, paraffin, polyethylene glycol 6000, polysorbate 80, polyvinylpyrrolidone, sodium stearyl fumarate, starch, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triethy citrate

Has anyone else found a product that works better or just as well?
Start your review of Prilosec OTC Frequent Heartburn Medicine and Acid Reducer Tablet!
How would you rate this product?
Sheri P.
Beaufort, SC
1,430 reviews
Purchased at: Walmart
Prilosec is the only heartburn medication that effectively works for me. It inhibits my acid reflux, gets rid of upset stomach and heartburn, and helps me sleep without stomach pain.
Donna V.
Lawndale, NC
These heartburn pills work great, so thankful to have them! pretty quick relief also
April E.
Glasgow, KY
I take 40mg a day of this medicine and boy does it work!! Reduces acid reflux completely and heartburn is no match for this medicine. Easy to swallow tables. Very effective. Affordable and long lasting. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who suffers from either heartburn or acid reflux.
Sam G.
lanham, MD
I have a stomach condition that results in frequent heartburn. I used to regularly carry around antacids to deal with attacks, and would often adjust plans to avoid embarrassment. So I have been looking for something that I can take once and not have to worry for the rest of the day. Prilosec is a lifesaver in that regard. I can take it once and not have to worry about not having or running out of antacids, and I can do all the things I want with my friends and family again. It is also very helpful in preventing reflux when lying down in the evening while trying to get to sleep. I awake more rested and enjoy the day more. So far I haven't noticed any side effects, and it has helped me eat and do what I want again!
Brooke G.
Lawrenceburg, TN
My husband developed a stomach ulcer and the doctor told him to take this. It honestly has helped him a great deal. This medication cuts off both acid producing valves to the stomach so it helps the ulcer heal properly. It was a saviour.
Brittany H.
Jefferson , PA
If you have any acid reflux ,'prilosec is the go to. You can purchase it over the counter at any drugstore or Walmart. My case is not one of severity, but I pop one pill and relief.
Christina K.
West Fargo, ND
1,026 reviews
This saved me while I was pregnant with my son. I have never experienced heart burn or acid reflux until I was pregnant with my son. This was a life saver and took it through out my pregnancy (as recommended by my OB) and made it a little easier.
Teresa S.
Rockmart, GA
My husband as medical issues and with all his meds the dr has him on Prilosec twice a day. He's doing much better with heartburn and stomach problems now.
Anna P.
Winston Salem, NC
Prilosec is the absolute best treatment for acid reflux! AR is not fun and can the pain can vary. Prilosec starts working from the first dosage.
Hannah G.
Peachtree Cor, GA
My doctor put me on this when I was having awful acid reflux. We finally got to the cause of the reflux but this worked great until we were able to do testing. I still keep a pack on hand for emergencies.