BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #98 in Movies

(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed) “Jane Austen remains the most misunderstood of great English writers . . . Austen’s is an extended, exploratory, dangerously subversive art, and is neither harmlessly decorative nor picturesquely provincial . . . [Irony] is the secret of the perfect self-sufficiency of Pride and Prejudice .”—from the Introduction by Peter Conrad No novel in English has given more pleasure than Pride and Prejudice . Because it is one of the great works in our literature, critics in every generation reexamine and reinterpret it. But the rest of us simply fall in love with it—and with its... see more...

Rosana M.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
You love this book, it is so romantic and real. real in the sense that it is not love at first sight , but is increased in step with history good. We all would like to have Mr. Darcy in our lives.
Sara P.
West seneca, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Probably my favorite book. I love Austen in general but this story is timeless. Such a well written, interesting read that captures the romance of the time period. Love this book!
Jessica F.
Hanapepe, HI
This is a classic for a reason. Written so beautifully and you can just get lost in it. This is by far my favorite book of all time. I think everyone should read it at least once.
Nichole R.
Round Rock, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
One of my favorite books by far. I think I've become a huge part of the Jane Austen fandom because of this book. Mr. Darcy is my biggest book crush. The strong silent type for sure and I can relate to Elizabeth and her matchbook girl persona.
Michelle M.
La Habra, CA
The book is really quite a treasure and one that Hollywood has loved to retell over the years. It is not your typical romance story which I appreciate but there are a few things in the book that keep me from giving it a better ranking.
Angela R.
La Mesa, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
This classic book is exactly that: a classic. You can never go wrong with it. Mr. Darcy will leave you swooning and Lizzie will have you wishing she was your best friend. The way that Jane Austen writes is just incredible and beautiful.
Andrea G.
This book has a great theme and a great plot. However it is written in a very sophisticated and old version of the English language.So it is actually hard to understand.
Stacey W.
Spring Hill, TN
Pride and Prejudice is the greatest book ever written. I am a HUGE Sci-fi/fantasy fan when it comes to books but nothing beats Pride & Prejudice. Mr. Darcy can be a hurricane in my life any day. he is the ultimate fictional boyfriend.
Alaina P.
Fort Wayne, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This book is amazing, beautiful, fantastical, just everything!! It was hard for me to read at first, so I watched the movie to help guide me along and now I'm hooked!
Taylor T.
Gulf Shores, AL
I really love this book. It is a perfect love story. The very beginning was a little hard to get into because it was hard to follow, but once you figure it out, you start getting to the good stuff! I recommend it to everyone!
Victoria G.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What is the biggest difference between this book and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Kimberly L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can't seem to make it through this book for some reason. I've heard that I just need to read past Part 1 but I'm having a hard time. At what point does the story start getting good to you?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this a decent version?