BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #98 in Movies

(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed) “Jane Austen remains the most misunderstood of great English writers . . . Austen’s is an extended, exploratory, dangerously subversive art, and is neither harmlessly decorative nor picturesquely provincial . . . [Irony] is the secret of the perfect self-sufficiency of Pride and Prejudice .”—from the Introduction by Peter Conrad No novel in English has given more pleasure than Pride and Prejudice . Because it is one of the great works in our literature, critics in every generation reexamine and reinterpret it. But the rest of us simply fall in love with it—and with its... see more...

Buy on Target
Janine T.
Bryantville , MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Normally I would go for Fantasy, fiction, science fiction;this time I thought I would go with a classic.

I truly did enjoy this book, kept me captivated & wanting to know more especially when it came to Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy. I loved the fact that tho for the time Lizzy(Elizabeth) had a mind of her own & spoke it when felt necessary, especially when trying her hardest to help her sisters. Tho at first Lizzy saw Mr. Darcy as pretty much a stuck up jerky who had more money than new what to do with their conversations where witty & in time became more comfortable, but not before they had their embarrassments over slight misunderstandings.
Gil T.
Saint Marys, WV
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I loved this movie and after have watched many times I decided to read the book. I admit that after read the book my concept about the movie changed a little bit because the book it much better and tells something different about the love of Elizabeth Bennet. On the book I could see the she didn't love him like Mr. Darcy loved her. The book suggests that she loved him but too that she had an interest also in his money and in the good life she will have if she married him. The book is a classic and makes us understand how was the class division at the time of Jane Austen writer and show that it wasn't easy to love someone from another class that wasn't yours. I recommend the book and the movie for everybody that like a good romance.
Romi D.
Poway, CA
A must-read of classic British literature. One of my all-time favorite novels, this book has it all: strong, well-developed characters that grow with a powerful story, an intriguing plot and that gets better every page and smart, witty dialogue that captivates. You laugh, cry and get completely immersed in the world that Jane Austen so masterfully creates, it's a book everyone should read
Freddra R.
Homestead, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I read this on wattpad and am planning on reading many more of Jane Austen's works. Her writing is beautiful and poetic all at once. I feel, personally, like she really did sweep into the crooks and corners of the lives of 18th and 19th century girls in her writing and time. It gives me a glimpse into all I "missed out on" *pun, pun*
Veronica j.
Algonquin, IL
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Pride & Prejudice is and always will be my favorite book. It's actually pretty basic in concept because it details the (fictional but still accurate) societal workings of the 1800's, and how romances/marriages worked. Witty, funny, sarcastic, dramatic, and beautiful. Mr. Darcy will always be my biggest fictional crush (seriously, he's MR DARCY, who wouldn't fall in love with him!), and Lizzie Bennet will always be my favorite heroine.
Ashley H.
This is my favorite romance of all time. I absolutely adore Lizzie and Darcy. They both have their flaws, but once they decide to work past those flaws, their budding romance is completely swoon worthy. This is the perfect feel-good classic that will leave a smile plastered across your face by the end.
Arianna A.
If You're looking to get into older lit without feeling overwhelmed, I highly recommend anything from Austen, but, especially, Pride and Prejudice. The language can be a bit difficult to work through, but once you get a hang of it, the story just unfolds in a truly beautiful way. It reads like a more realistic fairy tale, in that the characters do find themselves in a bit of trouble, but in the end things work out.
Rabia H.
One of my most favorite all time classics, this book tells the story of the pressure on women to be married and the way one girl seems to defy society in search of true love. How one man has to learn that note reunify is the same, and how one woman has to learn to accept true love when she sees it.
Dignora G.
Miami Gardens, FL
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I have read this novel about three times. I've also watched two adaptations on it: The 1995 BBC mini-series version with Colin Firth and Jennifer Ehle and the 2005 film version with Keira Knightley and Matthew Macfadyen. I will always dream of finding myself a "Mr. Darcy." I profoundly love this story and aspire to be Elizabeth Bennet. She is and will always be one of my favorite literary female heroines.
Ashley A.
Rindge, NH
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Easily my most favorite book of all time! Jane Austen is an incredible author who does a remarkable job at creating an in depth storyline with well developed characters. Reading this novel for the first time when I was 8, it's safe to say Mr. Darcy was my first love! I will always recommend this book to anyone I meet!
Victoria G.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What is the biggest difference between this book and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Kimberly L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can't seem to make it through this book for some reason. I've heard that I just need to read past Part 1 but I'm having a hard time. At what point does the story start getting good to you?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this a decent version?