BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #47 in Movies

(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed) “Jane Austen remains the most misunderstood of great English writers . . . Austen’s is an extended, exploratory, dangerously subversive art, and is neither harmlessly decorative nor picturesquely provincial . . . [Irony] is the secret of the perfect self-sufficiency of Pride and Prejudice .”—from the Introduction by Peter Conrad No novel in English has given more pleasure than Pride and Prejudice . Because it is one of the great works in our literature, critics in every generation reexamine and reinterpret it. But the rest of us simply fall in love with it—and with its... see more...

Buy on Target
Katie  S.
Indianapolis, IN
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my favorite classics, I would say. I read it in class as a required reading in my AP literature class but I love the narrative. I love how sassy Jane Austen is with her characters and this time period. I have reread this book 3 times now. The narrative reminds me a lot of Jane Eyre, which is what I am currently reading
Megan B.
Rochester Hls, MI
This literary classic has been a favorite of mine for years (which is no surprise to anyone, I am sure) I love the glimpses into that time period and the struggles that each of the characters faces. It is honest and intriguing, while also including romance and humor. It will always be a favorite of mine!
Jasmine T.
One of my first Jane Austen novels, I can't even begin to write how this book influenced my life. It's not just a romance novel, It's a way to tell little girls that you're strong on your own, no man is needed. I love that because of this novel I am able to be the self-assured woman that I am.
Mahi M.
Queens Village, NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
One of my all time favorite books. Jane Austen makes the characters come to life. Such a sweet and lovely romance between the main protagonists. Elizabeth is not a typical woman of her time and that is probably what makes her attractive to Mr. Darcy. Totally worth a read!
Lily C.
Glendale, AZ
Probably my favorite book of all time! Such a classic and a tale of true romance. It can be hard to understand at some points but nothing a quick google search can't fix! I feel like everyone should read this at least once in their lifetime.
Baileigh A.
Evanston, WY
I absolutely love the character of Elizabeth Bennet. What a marvelous lady. She is so ahead of her time, witty, independent, and self driven. She is one of the greatest female characters of literature.
Saglara O.
Hilo, HI
I love Jane Ostin ! Such a beautiful novels! And this one is top one ! They made good movie, but book is still so much more better bc it's hard to show thoughts of character in the movie. I recommend the book over movie ūüĎć
Millene A.
Peabody, MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I'd give it 10 stars if I could. If you're not used to reading periods novels, the language can be difficult at first (at least it was for me)..but with patience it becomes easier! Jane Austen is witty and clever and her novels are full with these comments and details. This novel paints a beautiful picture of what life was like in her days. The characters are so realistic that you feel like you and Lizzie are the best of friends. After reading all of the books written by Austen, I can say with certainty, she's my favorite author and this is my favorite book above others!
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Excellent classic read. Everyone should read it at least once. A great story about true love and coming of age. Great life lessons in general and an interesting story over all. The movies are pretty good too.
Janine T.
Bryantville , MA
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Normally I would go for Fantasy, fiction, science fiction;this time I thought I would go with a classic.

I truly did enjoy this book, kept me captivated & wanting to know more especially when it came to Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy. I loved the fact that tho for the time Lizzy(Elizabeth) had a mind of her own & spoke it when felt necessary, especially when trying her hardest to help her sisters. Tho at first Lizzy saw Mr. Darcy as pretty much a stuck up jerky who had more money than new what to do with their conversations where witty & in time became more comfortable, but not before they had their embarrassments over slight misunderstandings.
Victoria G.
San Antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 3
What is the biggest difference between this book and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Kimberly L.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I can't seem to make it through this book for some reason. I've heard that I just need to read past Part 1 but I'm having a hard time. At what point does the story start getting good to you?
Victoria F.
Spring Valley, CA
Pop Culture Expert Level 4
Is this a decent version?