BY BOOKS ALL PUBLISHER TITLES #84 in Movies

(Book Jacket Status: Jacketed) “Jane Austen remains the most misunderstood of great English writers . . . Austen’s is an extended, exploratory, dangerously subversive art, and is neither harmlessly decorative nor picturesquely provincial . . . [Irony] is the secret of the perfect self-sufficiency of Pride and Prejudice .”—from the Introduction by Peter Conrad No novel in English has given more pleasure than Pride and Prejudice . Because it is one of the great works in our literature, critics in every generation reexamine and reinterpret it. But the rest of us simply fall in love with it—and with its... see more...

• I can't seem to make it through this book for some reason. I've h...5 Answers
  • What is the biggest difference between this book and Pride and Pr...8 Answers
Buy on Target*
Gil T.
Gil T.
Saint Marys, WV
Pop Culture Expert
I loved this movie and after have watched many times I decided to read the book. I admit that after read the book my concept about the movie changed a little bit because the book it much better and tells something different about the love of Elizabeth Bennet. On the book I could see the she didn't love him like Mr. Darcy loved her. The book suggests that she loved him but too that she had an interest also in his money and in the good life she will have if she married him. The book is a classic and makes us understand how was the class division at the time of Jane Austen writer and show that it wasn't easy to love someone from another class that wasn't yours. I recommend the book and the movie for everybody that like a good romance.
Janine T.
Janine T.
Bryantville, MA
Pop Culture Expert
Normally I would go for Fantasy, fiction, science fiction;this time I thought I would go with a classic.

I truly did enjoy this book, kept me captivated & wanting to know more especially when it came to Elizabeth & Mr. Darcy. I loved the fact that tho for the time Lizzy(Elizabeth) had a mind of her own & spoke it when felt necessary, especially when trying her hardest to help her sisters. Tho at first Lizzy saw Mr. Darcy as pretty much a stuck up jerky who had more money than new what to do with their conversations where witty & in time became more comfortable, but not before they had their embarrassments over slight misunderstandings.
Millene A.
Millene A.
Melrose, MA
Pop Culture Expert
I'd give it 10 stars if I could. If you're not used to reading periods novels, the language can be difficult at first (at least it was for me)..but with patience it becomes easier! Jane Austen is witty and clever and her novels are full with these comments and details. This novel paints a beautiful picture of what life was like in her days. The characters are so realistic that you feel like you and Lizzie are the best of friends. After reading all of the books written by Austen, I can say with certainty, she's my favorite author and this is my favorite book above others!
Arianna A.
Arianna A.
Anaheim, CA
If You're looking to get into older lit without feeling overwhelmed, I highly recommend anything from Austen, but, especially, Pride and Prejudice. The language can be a bit difficult to work through, but once you get a hang of it, the story just unfolds in a truly beautiful way. It reads like a more realistic fairy tale, in that the characters do find themselves in a bit of trouble, but in the end things work out.
Freddra R.
Freddra R.
Homestead, FL
Pop Culture Expert
I read this on wattpad and am planning on reading many more of Jane Austen's works. Her writing is beautiful and poetic all at once. I feel, personally, like she really did sweep into the crooks and corners of the lives of 18th and 19th century girls in her writing and time. It gives me a glimpse into all I "missed out on" *pun, pun*
Ashley A.
Ashley A.
Rindge, NH
Pop Culture Expert
Easily my most favorite book of all time! Jane Austen is an incredible author who does a remarkable job at creating an in depth storyline with well developed characters. Reading this novel for the first time when I was 8, it's safe to say Mr. Darcy was my first love! I will always recommend this book to anyone I meet!
Ashley H.
Ashley H.
This is my favorite romance of all time. I absolutely adore Lizzie and Darcy. They both have their flaws, but once they decide to work past those flaws, their budding romance is completely swoon worthy. This is the perfect feel-good classic that will leave a smile plastered across your face by the end.
Rabia H.
Rabia H.
One of my most favorite all time classics, this book tells the story of the pressure on women to be married and the way one girl seems to defy society in search of true love. How one man has to learn that note reunify is the same, and how one woman has to learn to accept true love when she sees it.
Emilee B.
Emilee B.
Sandwich, IL
I love Jane Austen, easily my favorite author. This book holds a special place in my heart, I first started reading this book when I was a small child, and reread it so many times I've lost count. This book really transports you to another time and place.
Emma P.
Emma P.
Winchester, Va
Pride and Prejudice is a beautifully written novel. The story is charming and romantic, clean and interesting. I love the story and I never get tired of it. The characters are also very easy to get attached to as well as well rounded and well written.
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
San antonio, TX
Pop Culture Expert
What is the biggest difference between this book and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.
Pop Culture Expert
I can't seem to make it through this book for some reason. I've heard that I just need to read past Part 1 but I'm having a hard time. At what point does the story start getting good to you?