BY PREMIER PET PRODUCTS

Autumn W.
Roseto, PA
I noticed a lot of people who usually buy and review these bought them for young dogs and puppies. My dog is a pitbull/Lab mix, not a heavy chewer and is pushing 13, isn't nearly as active as he used to be but because he's very food driven I thought he might enjoy this toy. I've used the squirrel quite a few times with him now and while I like it, I wish I loved it.

My dog isn't in love with squirrel, which made me a little sad, I can tell when he really likes a new toy. When someone comes home he always runs to pick up his newest toy, and stands at the door with it making silly growl noises, He didn't do this with Squirrel. I think he thinks its a bit too heavy and I'd have to agree that it's a little on the heavy side but I imagine that helps keep dogs from just shredding it to pieces to get to the food inside.

The squirrel is my first "kong" type toy ever, I've been eyeballing them for ages and was just worried my dog wouldn't be interested, I caught this as a lightning deal on Amazon and I didn't want to pass it up, I really liked the idea of the prongs making it a bit challenging as opposed to a gaping hole like the actual Kong brand.

it definitely seems durable, and while it doesn't have much odor which is nice..it honestly just reminds me of that typical rubber dog toy smell. I also like that it seems to be clean up pretty easily, I don't have a dishwasher, but the outside wipes clean pretty effortlessly, even with dried on peanut butter, and the inside, while a bit more work does come clean pretty easily too.

So far My biggest complaint is finding a treat that's the right size. I haven't cut any of the prongs and His kibble (Nutrisource Grain Free) mixed with peanut butter seems to fall out too quickly, He'll finish it off in 10 or 15 minutes.

When I tried cutting up different things they seem to get lodged in and not fall out at all which eventually makes him lose interest or again the pieces fall out too quickly. I can't seem to find a happy medium. I'd ideally like to see him spend at least a half hour trying to get everything out.

The design does bother me a little, it's somewhere between silly and disturbing to see my dog licking out of a purple squirrels butt.
Lauren  L.
My dogs liked Squirrel but didn't love it. I've had it with all three of my dogs: a lab/pit mix, lab/catahoula mix, and Shih Tzu mix. All three somehow found a way to work around the toy and get their treats out easier (no matter how big of a treat I put in there). We stopped getting the Squirrel after my lab/catahoula mix, who is a puppy, chewed it into pieces. It's a good toy and an easy way to keep a dog distracted but it all depends on if the dog will like it.
Laura B.
Pittsburgh, PA
These are a nice toy similar to a kong - I just wouldn't use them with extreme chewers or really large dogs. They don't hold up quite as well. BUT if you have a smaller dog or a less intense chewer they are cheaper than Kongs and get the job done.