Premier Gentle Leader Headcollar  uploaded by Skylar S.Premier Gentle Leader Headcollar  uploaded by Skylar S.Premier Gentle Leader Headcollar  uploaded by Monica L.See all 18 photos

BY PREMIER GENTLE LEADER HEADCOLLAR #1 in Dog Accessories

• I own a pug beagle mix and she pulls ...I would recommend the pet safe... 2 Answers
  • How well does this work with a puppy ...It will keep him from being ab... 1 Answers
  • I have a german shepard who is horrib...Yes!!!! My German Shepherd is... 2 Answers
Photos (18)
Michelle R.
Michelle R.
Runnemede, NJ
I have fitted many dogs for this product over the years while working pet supply and working with adoption dogs. This is a must for a large dog that pulls or even training a little dog. Not only is it bad manners to have a dog dragging you it is also dangerous, I have seen many customers with bruised knees or hurt shoulders coming in looking for a solution.

This relieves all of the pressure of the weight of the dog while you walk. You will feel more comfortable and you will have control. It works similar to reins on the horse, where the head goes the body follows. Your dog WILL hate it at first, DO NOT give in! Once your dog is walking they will forget about it and eventually get used to it. 👍
Marisia K.
Marisia K.
San Diego, CA
I was 7 months pregnant when I got the most loving and adorable 80lb put bull. He had never been leash trained and practically drug me around the block when I walked him. Gentle Leader to the rescue! The instructions were easy to follow and almost as soon as it was on my dog was completely different. No more pulling or lunging. We were able to walk with ease (and without fear of falling). We were able to use the Gentle Leader to aid with other training and now almost 3 months since I bought Gentle Leader we are able to do most activities without need of this product. We still use it in new and high distraction areas. Gentle Leader has been a life saver and I recommend it to everyone.
Chrissy S.
Chrissy S.
Fayetteville
If you think it doesn't work, simple: You ARE using it WRONG. I used to work at a pet store and every person who wanted to return it I asked how the used it, it was WRONG. I showed them the right way and they would come back thanking me. I have a Great Dane who is about 135lbs (10 Months old) right now and if weren't for this leader than I wouldn't be able to control her in public. I also have a Doberman who is about 56lbs of muscle (8 Months old). I bought it at a small local store in NC called Naturally Unleashed they have it for $20 instead of PetSmart for $30 (I hate PetSmart way too overpriced with everything). I recommend it 100000000% to dog owners it is a life saver.
Carisa P.
Carisa P.
Arlington, TX
I have a five and a half year old American Staffordshire Pitbull Terrier, we have always had a small problem with her pulling us on the leash. It wasn't too bad until we recently adopted two three month old Pitbull brothers. Then walks became ridiculous. After purchasing colors, then expensive harnesses, we chose to get the gentle leaders for all three dogs. It has been a MIRACLE! they walk with us most of the time and if they step out of line a gentle side tug will snap them back in line. It's so much easier not to being walked through my neighborhood with three dogs! Our older female has done so well that even our seven year old goddaughter can easily walk her at her side!
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Santa Rosa, CA
I have a rottweiler mix that was a crazy pulling machine. I bought this and it worked - for about a week. Once he got used to the feel, he went right back to pulling. He couldn't pull me off balance like before but he would have indentations around his muzzle when I would take the leader off, which I hated. The leader was put on properly, he's just stubborn. What I've found to work with him is a standard harness, short 4ft leash and at least 2 walks a day, one of which is at minimum 30 minutes. He still pulls a bit at the start of a walk because he's excited but it's manageable and he's not marked up when we get home.
Terry H.
Terry H.
Sanford, FL
I would not be able to walk my 65 pound Labradoodle without a Gentle Leader. When she sees a cat, squirrel or even another dog, she goes crazy and pulls toward the other animal. I could hardly control her with a regular collar and leash. We took her to obiedence school where the trainer required all dogs to have a Gentle Leader. We have never stopped using it. It applies pressure on her head when she pulls too hard and that way she stops pulling so badly. Because it goes around the nose, some people think it's some type of muzzle, but it's not anything like a muzzle. It's the best doggie product out there.
Jaclyn M.
Jaclyn M.
Elkton, MD
Great product! I swear by it! If you control the head you control the body. This is a great leash to use if your dog likes to pool and or jump. The moment your dog pools the gentle leader will force the headdown making your dog stop in its tracks. I have a very hyper Vizsla but she knows this is his collar goes on she has to behave. You just need to make sure it's on very tight, don't worry you're not hurting them. I suggest buying the one that comes with the DVD in it that teaches you how to use it.
Cassondra P.
Cassondra P.
Hazard, KY
I have one dog that walks perfectly on a leash. And one that is a pulling terror. No amount of training has stopped him from trying to take off as soon as his harness or collar is put on. But finally after 8 years I found the gentle leader. He didn't even give me any problems with putting it on him. Now we take peaceful walks instead of stress filled walks. He has not once tried to take off running since I have been using this.
Tammy R.
Tammy R.
San Diego, CA
Vets need to advertise this leash. I did not know about this leash until a woman walked up to me while my dog was leading me on the leash. She told me it would teach him how to walk next to you instead of him walking his owner around. He now walks on a regular leash, walks right beside me. I would recommend this leash to anyone looking into training their dog to not lead so much and just walk beside you.
Chelsey L.
Chelsey L.
Long Beach, CA
Gentle Leader changed my life! Our pit has a nasty pulling problem. This product wont change her ways but it WILL manage it! Its been 2 years and she never pulls on her walks anymore whenever we put this on. The only downside is that (especially with a pit) people may assume your dog is aggressive because they'll think this is a muzzle. Its a small price to pay but totally worth it! Thank you!!
Julie R.
Julie R.
East Peoria, IL
Would like 2 know if they are good?
Jasmine H.
Jasmine H.
Aurora, IL
Does it hurt the dog?
Courtney T.
Courtney T.
What is the price for a product like this?
Jessica E.
Jessica E.
Does this really stop your dog from pulling and trying to walk you?
Amanda S.
Amanda S.
Fort Blackmore, VA
Does this provide comfort for the pup? We usually use harnesses, but try to keep a collar or two around as we are in animal rescue and you never know when a call might come in. So does it hurt the pup if the pup is frightened and tugs a little?