BY PREGO

2.00 / 5 based on 1 Review

Prego® Farmers's Market Sauces use ingredients you'd find at your local farmers' market – like vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic and basil – all picked at the peak of freshness and made the way you would with olive oil, black pepper and oregano. Enjoy with your favorite Italian dishes. see more...

Review (1)
Buy on Walmart*
Tiffany I.
Winston Salem, NC
You definitely will not need to be worried about being attacked by vampires after eating this. As soon as I opened the jar, the smell of garlic hit me full-on in the face. I like garlic, but I prefer a more subtle garlic flavor, which is why I steered clear of the "Roasted Garlic" version of this sauce, opting for the safer option of "Classic Marinara" to add to some cheese ravioli I had also purchased. The taste of this sauce was just as strong as the smell, and also a bit sour for some reason. It almost made my face pucker up as I ate it. It also had little chuncks of diced onion (I think) which tended to be rather hard. Adding parmesan cheese to the finished ravioli dish helped tone down both the garlic and the sour taste, but I can definitely say that I will not be purchasing this sauce again. I tossed the rest of the jar that I hadn't used. If you like really strong garlic, then you may enjoy this product, but it just wasnt for me.