Hair CareHair ColorPermanent Hair ColorJohn Frieda
Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red Dark Red Brown

Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red® Dark Red Brown

Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red® Dark Red Brown

Was this product discontinued?
Help!!!!!! I want to color my hair💁🏽‍♀️John Frieda Precision Foam Hair Color, 4bg Dark Chocolate Brown has anyone tried it?[product:john-frieda-precision-foam-color-permanent-hair-colour]
will this work on dark hair?
Start your review of Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red® Dark Red Brown!
Product Highlights
It's very easy to apply and I feel secure that my hair is covered well because you are actually Supposed to rub it in.in reviews
I used this two different times, both with a red dye and red is super hard to maintain but I found it was really easy to use.in reviews
I use it in conjunction with John Frieda's Brilliant Brunette for colored hair and the color lasts a long time and only starts to fade after 2 months.in reviews
First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty.in reviews
The color is also staying really well in my hair, most reds fade really fast and everywhere and I haven't seen that with this.in reviews
Lien C.
Charlottesvle, VA
I LOVE John Freida's hair dye. It actually works super well (better than any other box dye I've tried..and I actually like it more than the dye I got from Sally's) I love how long it holds your color and its easy to use. also the conditioner thats included smells amazing! I started buying this to dye my moms hair (we use one bottle and her hair is about 2.5 ft long) what we do is shake up the bottle and do her roots first wait 15 then use the rest of the bottle to go over her ends then wait 20 mins then wash out. I use the expresso dark brown *its almost black but not exactly and looks natural on my olive complexion It didn't feel too damaging either. Quite a few people have actually told me my hair looks healthier afterwards. Also if you pair w John Freidas Brillant Brunette shampoo it will naturally lighten it over time 10/10 for ease of use & quality as well ALSO: its available at Ulta (; *bonus points* This is one of my favorite products(:
Brandi E.
Austin, TX
1,333 reviews
I tried this once and really didn't like the outcome. It faded really horribly and was just gross
Brynn K.
Poplar Grove, IL
This hair color is easy to use at home. The coverage is great, and the smell is pleasant unlike some hair color I️ have tried in the past that was very strong. I️ usually go 6 weeks between coloring with this product
Amanda P.
Austin, TX
When I buy drug-store hair dye this is what I get. Great coverage and the foam makes it easy to use. Long-lasting color!
Kate C.
Arlington, WA
easy application because if the foam formula. I definitely recommend this hair dye brand to everyone.
Amber T.
Bluff City, TN
I have natural dark brown/black hair color and made a mistake by going to a salon for highlights. I hated the way they looked but didn't want to spend another 70+ at a salon to get my hair colored again. That's when I went looking for a box color I could do on my own. I picked up the John Frieda foam in the dark brown/black color and I LOVE the way it turned out! It was so easy to apply and it did a great job toning down my highlights. After a few weeks you may start to see a little fade in the color, but hey that's with any hair color really! Great price, great application, great results!
Ryan G.
E Northport, NY
Purchased at: CVS
Review for: Dark Chocolate Brown 4BG
I’ve been using this hair color for years now, & always love the outcome! It really seems foolproof, which I love! Once I find a brand/product I like, I’ll stick w/it forever (well, or until I might find something that works even better)...& since I’ve been using this foam color for at least 6 YEARS now, (& have tried this one & several diff colors), that right there tells you something about how good it really is! I really like the foam vs your typical liquidy hair dye, only bc it makes much less of a mess (though I’ll somehow manage to make a mess no matter wtf I do/use lol🤦🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️). & I love the fact that my hair comes out just as good as it did when I use when I used to use different non-foam hair dyes years back, or even when I’d go have an actual professional color my hair! And your hair will really even FEEL as great as it looks after using this! EDIT: I always use the dark chocolate brown or a similar brown...I dunno why it’s showing the “dark red brown” here, but I just was finally able to edit it, so maybe it’ll now show the correct one… This shade is one of the 2 that I love most, & have used more than a couple times: John Frieda Precision Foam Colour 4BG Brilliant Brunette® Dark Chocolate Brown ♥️😻
Crystal L.
I was very pleased with easy to use foam. No drips down face or neck to worry with. Does wonderful coloring and covering of grey. Though you need to be aware that you may require more than you normally would with a liquid coloring product. First time I used I had shoulder length hair but it is very thick and one box really wasn't quite enough, when using liquid one box is plenty. So when considering costs of two boxes of this foam compared to one box of the liquid I would not use John Frieda foam. I am very thrifty which is why I color at home. But absolutely loved the foam and the post-color condition treatment. If my hair was short I would definitely buy this again.
Kaleigh S.
Brunswick, GA
I did like this hair color a lot! It just seemed to lose the color a lot faster than most hair colors. But for the short time it stayed, it was gorgeous.
Christy W.
Fletcher, NC
Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red® Dark Red Brown uploaded by Christy W.
I absolutely LOVE John Frieda Precision Foam hair color. It is the best hair coloring home formula I have ever used. And I personally have used a lot! The foam is super easy to use, goes on with ease. The colors I’ve chosen have always been very bold & vibrant. It has a Non-drip formula that spreads easily for deep saturation and flawless coverage. John Frieda uses foam technology to deliver salon-quality results at home. With 20 flattering shades to choose from, achieving flawless, natural-looking results at home to me has never been quicker or easier. To me it’s a true breakthrough in home hair colour This non-drip foam spreads easily into roots and hard-to-reach areas for precise, all-over 100% grey coverage. Precision foam color allows you to achieve real salon-quality colour results very easily at home, every time you color your hair. This particular foam spreads quickly and easily, covering the hard-to-reach hair on the back of your head, roots and hairline with ease!! Included in the package is nourishing, after-color conditioner which seals in color for long-lasting richness, while keeping hair soft & silky in the process! I absolutely LOVE it and have to say I most definitely recommend it to anyone wanting to color their hair at home yet get salon results every time!! A+ Precision Foam Colour 4R Radiant Red® Dark Red Brown
Ask a question to the Influenster community...