BY PRAVANA #9 in Hair Color

• For the Violet dye, does anyone know how much dye and con...1 Answers
Buy on Amazon
Brenda K.
Abilene , TX
My favorite brights colors... i always go back to them. Colors are true to swatches. Never disappointed. Consistently is my favorite out of all vivid colors. Very easy to use and apply.
Maria I.
Staten Island, NY
I love pravana’s selection of vivids. They deposit beautifully and look amazing through out all the fading stages. My only complaint is that it bleeds for months after you dye your hair.
Sonali K.
I didn't lighten my hair, which is a dark brown, with lighter brown streaks. I used Pravana Vivids on top of my head. The color is beautiful. It turned my dark brown hair almost black, but not in a way that looks fake. In the sun you can catch sight of the purple tone. The color is extremely conditioning and I loved the softness on my hair. It doesn't do anything to my gray hair (and my gray is stubborn). It really does bleed for me, but I haven't noticed any color staining my shower. If it gets on any clothing though, it doesn't come off. It doesn't appear to stain my skin. I wish they made it in natural colors too.
Tamara C.
Athens, AL
Absolutely incredible brand. In July 2015 my stylist dyed my hair teal on top and blue underneath and it is now January 2017 and the teal is gone BUT the blue is now a vibrant green. IT'S BEEN ALMOST TWO YEARS. And yes, it isn't blue anymore, but the fact that the color remained for as long as it has is amazing to me. I'm about to have it colored again. And I will only be using Pravana products.
Christine H.
Roseville, CA
This line of semi-permanents are absolutely amazing! The staying power is incredible for something that's supposed to wash out, and when it does, the colors never look muddy or discolored (like how green or blue can look dingy as time goes on). The formula of the color is also very healthy for the hair, and it doesn't smell half bad either. I've noticed no noticeable transfer from the hair to things such as clothing or pillowcases, which is wonderful as well. Definitely ask your hairdresser to use this color to get beautiful vibrant shades that last and look great!
Rebecca P.
Florence , AL
I recently swapped from Pravana Chromasilk Vivids Violet (blue-based purple) to Pravana Chromasilk Vivids LOCKED-IN Purple (red-based purple), and while the Locked-In does not last nearly as long as the regular, there is absolutely no bleeding at all on clothes, pillowcases, and the like. If you want brighter vibrancy and you want to go longer between dye jobs, try the original formula, but if you're like me and you'd rather have clean shirts and pillowcases (and if you don't mind touching up your own color more often at your own home), go for the Locked-In variant.
Crystal W.
I wanted to love Pravana but I just don't think I can. Yes, the color lasts for awhile but I've had the same luck with Joico's colors. I have only used Pravana's violet color, so I can't speak about any other shades. I thought if I went with Pravana I wouldn't have to worry as much about the color bleeding but it's worse! After each application, for the next 2 to 3 weeks I have to worry about the color transferring to my face as I sleep or if I touch my hair with my hands, my fingers are purple. This is all with dry hair too, it doesn't even have to be wet to transfer to anything I touch. I've used Pravana about 6 times now because I bought in bulk and now that I'm all out I will be switching back to Joico for now.
Kristen E.
West Chester, PA
*I am a professional stylist who uses this in salon* I do really love Pravana vivid colors and used it exclusively for my red for 18 months before I couldn't get my hands on it in my area. My salon started carrying it and even though I now use Joico, I still love the way this works on hair and how it feels. It does last though that can be affected by how light you lift your hair - for the reds, stick to lightening to an auburn/dark strawberry blond otherwise you'll watch your beautiful color go right down the drain in a week!
Brandi💘 M.
This is amazing color I use it in the salon all the time this girl wanted blue and green mermaid hair and this is my end result that I created for her... I recommend it to anyone great vivid color
Talia C.
Riverside, CA
This hair dye is amazing! Its really long lasting. Its better than ions hair dyes. The colors are very vibrant. Love the smell of the dye. You don't need a developer.
Ashley H.
Alamogordo, NM
How long do I need to leave this in my hair to achieve true color?
Chantelle I.
Is this dye semi-permanent? How well does it show up on unbleached, dark (almost black) hair?
Jasmine R.
Wadsworth, OH
I've used Manic Panic for years and find the blues and greens fade quickly. I've heard good things about Pravana vivids. Can anyone say if they truly last longer?
I'm reading that Pravana bleeds a lot. What constitutes "bleeding"? Is it when washing/rinsing or does it rub off on your clothing?
Nicole B.
Vail, AZ
How long should you keep this on? I'm looking to freshen up my grey with the silver tone but don't want to go overly violet. Any experience with that shade? Thanks!