BY PRAVANA #9 in Hair Color

• which colors would i need or achieve a chocolate mauve co...1 Answers
  • For the Violet dye, does anyone know how much dye and con...1 Answers
Li B.
Hershey
YAAAS. PRA👏VA👏NA👏!!! After a string of disappointing dyes, I found Pravana and have been using it for years now! So far, I've used green, blue, and violet, but the entire line is fantastic. (Sadly, I don't have great photo examples of all colors.) I'd have to say either green or violet is my favorite. I love how thick the dye is, as opposed to some less viscous dyes I've used. It makes it easy to apply, which is a plus if you're a DIY kind of person like myself. I usually dye my hair bleached or faded, to get the full effect of the dye. The dye is bright and packs a punch, and when it fades, it still looks good, and doesn't look like a dull wasteland. My green hair did fade a bit into a gold color, but that was only after taking a dip in the pool. Aside from that, all my colors have only ever lightened. (Though the gold actually looks pretty cool!) I recently dyed my partner's hair with the blue dye without lightening. He has naturally light brown hair, and the end result was a dusty blue. It's vivid in the daylight and subtle in low light. He really likes it, and so do I! Looks great, even smells great, and doesn't hurt my wallet. Pravana for life!
Hannah P.
Berea, KY
I’ve never used a lot of creative color outside of joico color, but the salon I’m currently in provides us with pravana creative color. and today is the first time I used it on a client. and it’s AMAZING! I used the #Pravana Vivids Locked-In Blue with their Black additive to create this beautiful Raven-esque color. It was exactly what she wanted and we were both pleased with the results. Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids
Cora V.
This was all I used for about 4 yrs until they changed their formula and ruined it. Story time peoples. So I was colouring a client blue and I bleached her out to a level 10 (light blonde almost platinum) and put on the blue vivid colour. 😑 after 20 minutes processing under the dryer it looked blue until i washed it. It was patchy wasn't even blue, it was a moldy green colour. 🤢The client was in tears because she had a huge event to go to later that evening. Needless to say I didn't charge her and she decided to go with a 3vr (dark burgandy leading purple )
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
David my now deceased stylist used this for the unique hair colors. He used the Pravana brand color lifters as well. We used the Pravana color lifter as the non traditional hair color shows up on lighter or practically colorless hair. To optimize the color longevity/color payout I recommend sulfate free shampoo and conditioner once a week and become EXTREMELY friendly with dry shampoos. I used the Living Proof or Batiste dry shampoo when I had the Pravana Vivids in.
ollie s.
Best blue I've ever used! Lasts a lot longer than Punky Color or Splat, and a little goes a long way with Pravana. I use Vivids Blue, and mix it with conditioner--it comes out a great royal blue color, and fades to a nice teal. If you tone bleach before you color, it will be less teal and more royal blue even as it fades. Put a bit in your conditioner to keep color fresh. Great value for the price, and I'm a loyal fan now.
Sophia W.
Love this so much! It lasts a long time and everyone keeps thinking that I redyed my hair because of how long it’s remained bright. I dyed my hair in August and now it’s April and still going strong. First photo was taken in February and second photo was taken in September just to give you an idea of how well it lasts.
Nikki-Peyton M.
I LOVE PRAVANA!!! ❤️🖤⭐️
They have amazing vibrancy! They are slightly conditioning, they don’t have a powerful smell which I like! The color is true to tone! I’ve used a variety of the colors and have always been satisfied!
Heather B.
My cosmetology friend always uses a pravana color when I need my hair done. I always go pretty vivid and what some may call wild. This brand has been my go to for every hair color needed. I feel like it last a good bit longer than others, that have been tried in the past. Just make sure your hair products, etc are color safe. Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids
Scarlet R.
Mansfield, OH
Love this hair color so far! I have tried the emerald green first. It stays in my hair forever and fades beautifully! Just fades to a lighter version of the color without looking dirty, still vibrant! Did no have problems with it bleeding everywhere, only bled slightly when washing. I will definitely continue to use this and try out other colors!
Jessica M.
Lodi, NJ
Probably the worst fashion color dye. It bleeds everywhere. Doesn't matter if you rinse til the water is clear. It's been a month, countless washes and it is still everywhere in the morning. Manic panic doesn't even behave like this. Not using this again.
Natalie G.
Pomona, CA
How well does the color stay? For how long?
Lauren E.
How long do these colors stay bright? Do you do anything to keep your colors bright like avoid shampooing or mixing the color into your conditioner?
Danielle E. H.
Winter Haven, FL
I have been wondering about these colors for a long time. They are not available at Sally's and I haven't wanted to spend the extra for shipping if it is just like Manic Panic. I use "fashion" hues a lot, recently Ion has been my favorite as it doesn't last forever and can be redone or removed easier. Does this brand stick like a permanent or no? I love vibrant bold colors but as they fade, they can get patchy or just look gross and seem impossible to remove or dye over and I have seen friends get amazing results but I have not seen their faded colors so I have not tried it.
Michelle S.
I've always wanted to try Pravana but since it's not available at Sally's I have yet to try it. I do want to go to Ulta and maybe get my hair done there since they offer this coloring service but I want to know how well this stays in your hair?
crystal f.
Chesapeake, VA
I have a question about the chromasilk vivid...I have bought the silver and the violet planning to mix them together with conditioner to get the pastel silver lavender color... my hair is a natural level 7-8 and I have heavy highlights already. My question is, the hair that is not lifted, does this need to b bleached out or could my end result turn out if I used wella 10/1 or something to get the highlift on the roots and throughout??? I know the wella would definitely give me lift, but since I have never used pravana I was curious if that would be Ok to use as my lifting agent in place of bleach....or should I just suck it up and use the bleach for better results??????? Thanks for any input!

back