BY PRAVANA

• Is this a semi permanent dye? How long does it stay?3 Answers
  • It is necessary to Bleach my Hair for a violet color ???3 Answers
Kyla B.
Bay City
About a year and 1/2 ago I used this dye in cosmetology school after stripping a fire red color out. My hair was a level 8 brassy blorange at this time, so I knew this would cover. The dye itself is nice smelling and has a good consistency, but is darker and more of a blue than purple compared to the swatches I had seen. The biggest con of this dye is how incredibly staining it is compared to other semi-permanent dyes- my neck was always tinged blue, along with my shirts, pillowcases and my tub. However it does have awesome longevity, it stayed for months. I do wish it faded a bit more evenly as you can see in the second picture (I did touch ups with manic panic, the lighter purple), but I also really liked the contrast in colors as it faded. I think this dye would be especially beautiful diluted
Amber E.
Flowery Branch
It completely covered my med-dark brunette hair without bleaches or lighteners. However it did not stay in long. It quickly ran out even though it's marketed as permanent hair dye. I have had the same problem with black box hair dye in the past. I have been able to keep manic panic colors in for longer. Completely worth it. I adored my violet hair and can't wait to do it again.
Nicole L.
Orlando, FL
I love love love the color that this purple gives. It’s easy to use and super customizable. The ONLY bad thing I have to say about this product is it doesn’t last very long- at least in my hair it didn’t. I had to color my hair about once a week until eventually I switched over to pulp riot and had to color my hair about once every 3 weeks. With that being said I do love my hair to be very vibrant- so this is a great product for somebody who likes that faded look!
Jessica D.
Taylor, MI
I got my hair dyed for the summer at a local ha r school and I decided I wanted a purple ombre...i loved this color from the moment I saw it in the book and knew I wanted it for my roots...the girl mixed it with a pink color and did a color melt to blend it and it turned out amazing....as with all vivid colors, it faded in about 2 or 3 months to a light purple which I proceeded to mix with a aqua color
Brittney S.
Ringgold, GA
The most perfect purple I have ever had! This color stayed in my hair for weeks before finally fading! Even when it fades, it fades well. The color was beautiful and I was very satisfied. Be ready for purple towels and a purple tub though! :)
Kassandra V.
I am a professional hairstylist and I’ve colored my hair purple multiple times and I’ve colored clients hair purple multiple times and this is the best purple on the market this is the one that I recommend to everyone it fades so beautifully. The only con about this product is that it gets everywhere so if you are going to use this to color your hair make sure you keep bleach in your bathroom for your shower at all times
Yolina R.
Grants Pass
I really like the colors that pravana provides and how easy they are to use. I’ve used this color and multiple other colors from pravana and I love them. The color does last a decent amount of time if you’re making sure to wash with cold water and washing with a color preserving shampoo and conditioner
Melody C.
I just had my hair colored with Pravana's vivid violet. Mixed with my naturally dark hair, the BlackBerry effect was gorgeous! It was bold and beautiful and did not dry out my hair. I love it!!! I didn't have any loss of color on my first cool water rinse.
Bridget K.
My friend/stylist loves this brand and with good reason. She only uses this brand on my hair. The colours stay so vibrant and last really nicely with Viral Conditioner. Other brands don't show up as vivid nor do they last long. I am very satisfied with this product!
Leishla D.
Orlando, FL
This had to be my favorite hair styling phase of my life. The color was so rich and looked even better in the sun. Even when the color faded my hair looked great! Definitely a great brand as I didn’t notice any more damage after bleaching and dying it all in the same day.
Marvelis T.
Has anyone used Pravana Violet or dark blue on brown colored hair? I really just want to add some subtle tones to my hair but don't want to commit and bleach my hair. Do you think it would work at all with out bleach?
Emily C.
It is necessary to Bleach my Hair for a violet color ???
Katie S.
Gaithersburg, MD
Is this a semi permanent dye? How long does it stay?
Rachael M.
What would be a good mix of the vivids to get a purple with a hint of pink in it?
Yeya C.
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Could I possibly dilute this with conditioner to make it a Lavander to apply to my hair ?