BY PRAVANA #9 in Hair Color

Buy on Amazon.com
Lillian H.
Arcadia
I’m currently using Pravana chromosilk in violet and orchid. This is my most favorite goto brand when it comes to vibrant hair colours because THE COLOUR ACTUALLY STAYS AND DEPOSITS EVENLY AND IMMEDIATELY UPON APPLICATION! I’ve tried Ion brights from sallys and Joico color intensity and even those only last a few days... I’ve had my hair in this type of ombre blend for a month and have only had to retouch it once just to keep the orchid colour as vibrant as I first dyed it since it was turning into a more paler pink colour.
Li B.
Hershey
YAAAS. PRA👏VA👏NA👏!!! After a string of disappointing dyes, I found Pravana and have been using it for years now! So far, I've used green, blue, and violet, but the entire line is fantastic. (Sadly, I don't have great photo examples of all colors.) I'd have to say either green or violet is my favorite. I love how thick the dye is, as opposed to some less viscous dyes I've used. It makes it easy to apply, which is a plus if you're a DIY kind of person like myself. I usually dye my hair bleached or faded, to get the full effect of the dye. The dye is bright and packs a punch, and when it fades, it still looks good, and doesn't look like a dull wasteland. My green hair did fade a bit into a gold color, but that was only after taking a dip in the pool. Aside from that, all my colors have only ever lightened. (Though the gold actually looks pretty cool!) I recently dyed my partner's hair with the blue dye without lightening. He has naturally light brown hair, and the end result was a dusty blue. It's vivid in the daylight and subtle in low light. He really likes it, and so do I! Looks great, even smells great, and doesn't hurt my wallet. Pravana for life!
Hannah P.
berea, KY
I’ve never used a lot of creative color outside of joico color, but the salon I’m currently in provides us with pravana creative color. and today is the first time I used it on a client. and it’s AMAZING! I used the #Pravana Vivids Locked-In Blue with their Black additive to create this beautiful Raven-esque color. It was exactly what she wanted and we were both pleased with the results. Pravana ChromaSilk Vivids
Cora V.
This was all I used for about 4 yrs until they changed their formula and ruined it. Story time peoples. So I was colouring a client blue and I bleached her out to a level 10 (light blonde almost platinum) and put on the blue vivid colour. 😑 after 20 minutes processing under the dryer it looked blue until i washed it. It was patchy wasn't even blue, it was a moldy green colour. 🤢The client was in tears because she had a huge event to go to later that evening. Needless to say I didn't charge her and she decided to go with a 3vr (dark burgandy leading purple )
Jessica G.
Findlay, OH
David my now deceased stylist used this for the unique hair colors. He used the Pravana brand color lifters as well. We used the Pravana color lifter as the non traditional hair color shows up on lighter or practically colorless hair. To optimize the color longevity/color payout I recommend sulfate free shampoo and conditioner once a week and become EXTREMELY friendly with dry shampoos. I used the Living Proof or Batiste dry shampoo when I had the Pravana Vivids in.
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
Before getting into the bad - this product is great for overprocessed hair. It is more gentle and does not require developer or anything. It comes in some pretty cool colors as well. It also smells good.

I purchased the silver to tone my hair. It was purple in the tube, but sure! A lot is purple for platinum and silver hair. Except it actually turned my hair a really patchy disgusting purple color. I had to return it. Perhaps I received a bad lot and it was mislabeled. But I won't be trying again.
ollie s.
Best blue I've ever used! Lasts a lot longer than Punky Color or Splat, and a little goes a long way with Pravana. I use Vivids Blue, and mix it with conditioner--it comes out a great royal blue color, and fades to a nice teal. If you tone bleach before you color, it will be less teal and more royal blue even as it fades. Put a bit in your conditioner to keep color fresh. Great value for the price, and I'm a loyal fan now.
Sophia W.
Love this so much! It lasts a long time and everyone keeps thinking that I redyed my hair because of how long it’s remained bright. I dyed my hair in August and now it’s April and still going strong. First photo was taken in February and second photo was taken in September just to give you an idea of how well it lasts.
Lisa G.
Been using Magenta and Wild Orchid and I’m happy with the color. As long as you use a color safe shampoo (I recommend BIOSILK Color Therapy Shampoo) there’s very little color runoff in the first few showers after and almost none to none after the first few. I don’t get a stained pillow case like I did when I used Splat Rebellious Hair Color Complete Kit
Scarlet R.
Mansfield, OH
Love this hair color so far! I have tried the emerald green first. It stays in my hair forever and fades beautifully! Just fades to a lighter version of the color without looking dirty, still vibrant! Did no have problems with it bleeding everywhere, only bled slightly when washing. I will definitely continue to use this and try out other colors!
Ashley H.
Alamogordo, NM
How long do I need to leave this in my hair to achieve true color?
Chantelle I.
Is this dye semi-permanent? How well does it show up on unbleached, dark (almost black) hair?
Jasmine R.
Wadsworth, OH
I've used Manic Panic for years and find the blues and greens fade quickly. I've heard good things about Pravana vivids. Can anyone say if they truly last longer?
I'm reading that Pravana bleeds a lot. What constitutes "bleeding"? Is it when washing/rinsing or does it rub off on your clothing?
Nicole B.
Vail, AZ
How long should you keep this on? I'm looking to freshen up my grey with the silver tone but don't want to go overly violet. Any experience with that shade? Thanks!