BY POSHMARK

• Why do people ask you to purchase things from your closet through P...1 Answers
  • How do you get host pick?1 Answers
  • Is it worth it to use this site? I've heard mixed reviews about it. 7 Answers
Poshmark
  • "However, there are still some great deals to be had and you can make money easily, which can be cashed out or spent on poshmark items. " in 7 reviews
  • "I would recommend checking out this app if you're into fashion or have a bunch of clothes you want to get rid of and get some extra cash! " in 5 reviews
  • "Very easy to use, when you sale an item you simply pack it up in a box or envelope, print your free shipping label and drop off at the post office." in 5 reviews
Nicole S.
Nicole S.
Beaverton, OR
I love Posh! I'm both a buyer and seller. I use the app to refresh my wardrobe and to make extra money to pay my student loans.
As a buyer, I know many have had poor experiences, but if you check the sellers love notes, shipping time, and the last time they logged in you shouldn't have any issues.
As a seller, the 20% seems high, but your getting a much smaller cut if you take items to a cosignment shop or places like platos. Poshmark is more work, but you also have more control over pricing. Tradsey takes 14.9% of sales and if you want to "cash out" as to site credit it's another 2.9% and shipping method is not consistant.
There is a lot of people looking for garage sale pricing, but also many reasonable buyers that know and appreciate an items worth.
The shipping is 5.95 for priorty shipping, which is discounted from if you were to buy the same label yourself. Bundling multiple items from one closet, or looking for price drops that will sometimes trigger shipping discounts is a few ways to save on shipping.
Some people have started boutique businesses on Poshmark and make a livable wage just selling on the app. It takes a lot of work to get to that point, but if it's your passion it's well worth it.
Overall I love Poshmark's social shopping concept. I have met many wonderful poshers, bought some great hard to find items, and make enough monthly to pay my student loan, plus some for play!
Poshmark is like a more trendy eBay (fashion-wise) Its everyday people selling things from their closet. My first experience was good, I bought a pair of heels and the seller shipped them out fast & I received them as expected. My 2nd time attempting to purchase was not so great. After searching for the perfect jacket for an event I was attending 10 days prior I finally found it, on poshmark! After purchasing the jacket and waiting a few days for the seller to ship it, I started to worry if it would make it here on time. There is no way to contact the seller on the website besides posting to the comments under the listed item. I wanted to then cancel my order, and posh mark said only the seller can cancel the order because you can only cancel up to the first 3 hours. They also said a seller has up to 7 days to ship out an item (plus however long actual shipping takes) And then if they don't ship it out the order cancels itself.... Kind if a silly rule when there are a lot of sellers on the site that have posted things and forget about their listings. I think this website needs some tweaking and then would be a 5 start site.
Sarita S.
Sarita S.
S Richmond Hl, NY
Seller fees are quite high, shipping rate is also $5.95 which is not always a good thing, considering usps rates may be lower depending on what you get and where you live. the return policy is BOGUS. you only have 3 days to open a return, even if the item you received was completely misrepresented. I recently bought a watch that was listed as "new, never worn, no scratches" and i received an old, used, scratched watch. I tried to return it and poshmark told me that I missed the 3 day return window, and offered me $35 credit for a $169 watch.. REALLY? and not to mention the rep who responded to my email said that they usually don't give store credit for issues like mine. Well gee, i should be so grateful for that fraction of what i spent. LOL. anyway, I prefer eBay/Amazon. Much safer and better policies, esp for sellers who are out to scam you. Check out using paypal of you're using Poshmark so you're protected!
Mel A.
Mel A.
I've made over 30 purchases on Poshmark and was only happy with about half of them. Many sellers I bought from misrepresented their items or simply didn't notice that their items were stained, torn, had pieces missing, etc. Sure, you can complain and get some of your money back but it's an overall waste of time. Ebay is a way better platform for seller accountability. Also, sellers want too much for their stuff, sometimes the same price they paid for it in the store! They don't realize that once an item leaves the store it immediately drops in value. C'mon...why would I buy something from a stranger online when I can get a similar item brand new in a store for the same price? Then I offer them what I think is a decent price, like $10 instead of $30 for a shirt that they paid $40 for, and they say I'm "lowballing". Get real, people!
Cori K.
Cori K.
West Chester, PA
I originally downloaded Poshmark as a way to buy inexpensive designer items and I now sell a lot of things! Within the past 2 months, I have made $200 by selling things I won't use anymore. It's much better than Plato's Closet because the items you sell don't have to be in season or currently trendy! Overall the pros are that it's easy to make money and easy for depositing into your bank account. The cons are that sometimes it stinks to have Poshmark take out the fee from your sold item, as well as sometimes the shipping cost is too much for the item you're shipping. A few quick tips I have for people is to be patient, keep in mind the buyer has to pay for shipping as well as the listed price for the item, and use the app often to get your clothes shared more often by other people!
Lili J.
Lili J.
San Diego, CA
This is by far my favorite app, and I spend more time on it than Snapchat or Facebook nowadays! It is a quick, easy and stress free way to make money with items you don't wear anymore! It is very well organized so it's so easy to use! You can find some amazing bargains and unique pieces on there, as well as sell those clothes that that you never wear! The shipping process is oh so easy! Just go to your local USPS, or go online, and order some free shipping and tracked boxes! When you make a sale, they send you a shipping label to print out, so you just have to stick it on the box and drop it at the post office! It's that easy! They do take 20% of the price you post your item, but to me, any scrap of money is worth it, especially coming from something that I will never wear again!
Stephanie Y.
Stephanie Y.
Elk Grove, CA
Great concept, but seller fees of 20% over like $10 or $20 and flat rate below that end up taking a good chunk of money. Flat rate shipping fee of basically $6 and less opportunity to get it lower (before, if the seller lowered the price by at least like 10 or 20% the shipping cost would be reduced; but now that only happens on certain weekends when they advertise it as a 'special deal' or whatever and on other rare occasions when you lower the price of an item) soo it makes good priced items unattractive. I recommend checking out Mercari, since they don't charge fees and offer a variety of shipping options. The users are generally better, more reliable, and friendlier on Posh but I'm more driven by prices...
Madison P.
Madison P.
Minneapolis, MN
I'm both a seller and buyer. I've found some really good deals on this site. The downside is that shipping is almost $6 for everything. It's good for larger products, but it's too much for small items like jewelry or makeup that would cost $2.75 for First Class postage. They take out too much for seller fees. People who don't sell don't realize that Poshmark takes out a lot for fees, so it's hard to come down in price. People are always putting in offers that are way below what you're asking for, which gets really annoying. Maybe you're asking for $25 and they ask for $6. Then they complain that they're paying a lot for shipping, so you should at least bring down the price.
Katelyn P.
Katelyn P.
Las Vegas, NV
I've sold a lot of stuff on this website, but I am not completely in love with the platform. They recently upped their shipping costs, and almost immediately I noticed my sales dropped. They already take almost $3 off of every purchase, and items over $15 have a percentage taken, so I've had to overprice my items it feels like. Add that to the expensive shipping, and I feel like I'm constantly taking a loss on items. It is definitely better to bundle items, or sell high priced items to get your money's worth, because selling single, small items can only end up making you $1-$5. Use someone's code to get $5 off your first order, that will save you at least on shipping costs.
Jordan R.
Jordan R.
Sanford, NC
I've been Poshing since 2014, and I absolutely love it! For the most part the ladies there are absolutely lovely, and I have made lots of Posh friends! This app is a lovely way to sell clothing or other womens wear that you don't use anymore. :) of course be aware of people who ask you to pay through PayPal. Posh does not back up any non PM transactions, so never trust anyone who asks to usePayPal, don't follow the rules, sell non PM allowed items, etc. For any ladies looking to join, you can use the code ' buitk ' and you will get $10 towards your first purchase! (You can thank me later ;) ) Hope to see you there! :)
Jessica G.
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this site have an app?
Abby B.
Abby B.
Is it better than ebay?
Cassie K.
Cassie K.
I saw this site advertised on Pinterest for makeup. Has anyone bought makeup off here, and if so, was it a good/bad experience?
Krysti  S.
Krysti S.
Pecks Mill, WV
Best experience with the website?
Evelyn  H.
Evelyn H.
How long has it taken you guys to sell pieces on here?