BY POSHMARK

Poshmark
  • "However, there are still some great deals to be had and you can make money easily, which can be cashed out or spent on poshmark items. " in 7 reviews
  • "Very easy to use, when you sale an item you simply pack it up in a box or envelope, print your free shipping label and drop off at the post office." in 5 reviews
  • "I would recommend checking out this app if you're into fashion or have a bunch of clothes you want to get rid of and get some extra cash! " in 5 reviews
Kit C.
First of all, be prepared to pay almost $7 for supposed 1-3 day priority shipping if you buy, and be prepared for Posh to take between 15-20% of earnings from whatever you sell. The main issues here are irresponsible, lazy sellers--items are supposed to be shipped within 3-5 days after purchase but nearly every item I've ordered has shipped way after, as Posh frustratingly allows shippers 7 days to ship. That's far too long in my opinion, especially when I have to track down and message sellers asking them when and if they plan on shipping. They just don't care. Then you have the flat out liars who mark an item as shipped, but 5 days later it still has no tracking info, so once again, you have to message the seller, hope they even respond (most poshers completely ignore questions, especially if you're asking for sizes, measurements, etc.). The most recent 1 told me it must be because of the holiday (President's Day)--ok but you said you shipped it on the 13th, the holiday wasn't till the 19th, so the post office holds items for a week prior to a holiday or you just never shipped it until I had to message you and remind you? Have another seller now who claims she ships in a day, it's been 5 days and still no response as to when/if she plans on shipping. So posh gives you 3 days to accept your order once it's delivered, should I be just as lazy and rude as these pple and make them wait the full 3 days to get paid? Posh automatically releases funds to the seller after 3 days if you don't report an issue or accept the item, but yet sellers have up to a week to ship?? Just the whole process is frustrating. Plus the lazy seller issue again with not responding to questions. If you want to sell stuff, answer people's questions. If you can't be bothered then post as much info on the item and as many pics as you can, it's not that difficult. Some sellers will even sell you an item then cancel the sale and sell it to someone else for a higher price, which happened to me once or twice, they didn't even give me a reason, just noticed sale was cancelled by seller 3 days after I bought it, then saw it relisted and sold at a higher price by the seller. Such absolute bs.
Shanna G.
Gaithersburg
If you have an honest seller you're fine,  but once you step on a deceptive landmine you're in for hell.   While unlike most,  I had a return approved,  the email nightmare to (unsuccessfully ) return an over sized item was more stress than a bit of savings are worth.   Sent a broken luggage set,  I needed a heavy weight label.   The normal returns only cover up to five pounds.   There is no way to automate a request for a heavy label,  so I had to email customer support.   That alone took a day ( you get two to complete the return for your refund)  and they gave a boiler plate answer with no large label.   The next one did get me a label, but that was the evening of the end of the time period.   I sent back a note asking if I could still return and they never responded.   Two months later I decide to delete the account all together,  and can't because they have a ticket still open.   I email support and ask them to close the account.   They ask me to ship the item first.   I'm not bothering to return it at this point as I'm sure they won't return my money after such incompetence.   I email back saying no,  just delete my account.   Then they send a threatening email saying I have 24 hours to ship the item.   I tell customer support off.   Doubt I'll get a response,  but honestly,  avoid this awful,  insipid company.
Chanon C.
White Lake, MI
I've been buying / selling on Poshmark on & off for the last two years now. Do I think it's the greatest site? No. But when I'm in need of a little extra money, this seems to do the trick. PROS: It's an easy way to clean out your closet, you set the prices so you can make some money, it's super simple: if an item sells they send you a prepaid label, all you have to do is print & tape & ship. CONS: As always, there's definitely scammers on the site, the customer service really isn't that great or responsive, Poshmark does collect a percentage of your sales, money doesn't get released until 3-4 days after your package DELIVERS sometimes, if your clothes aren't trendy or popping up to the right people: you won't make much. OVERALL: I still use it occasionally, I've made a few hundred, (I personally don't know how some people make thousands) but it's an alright site for the mission. I like that it's on my terms to get rid of my clothing, instead of their terms.
Mandi R.
Hillsdale, MI
The selection is great but Poshmark has a lot of downfalls for sellers. The company takes a large percentage of your profit. If you sell an item for four dollars, they're going to take 3 and leave you with one. Minimum of 6.49 shipping on every item, so it does discourage buyers a lot. People also have a lot of insane requests. They'll ask you to upload all these extra photos for them of the item in various different lighting, next to a tape measure, before washing, after washing, etc...but then they won't buy after you have taken the time. They will send you really low offers and you can haggle, but the buyers are very entitled and often rude. As a seller, it's not worth it to me. As a buyer, you can get some good deals. I use it for makeup bundles.
Marcella T.
Metairie, LA
Checkout my closet: marcellatedesco  .I love poshmark, I've been on posh since 2014 but began being an active seller about a year ago. It's way easier to find cute things on here instead of going to the thrift store or platos closet. It's even easier to sell. I also like that its like a social app so the more social and active you are the more sales. Which is good because if I want more money I just have to work a little harder. I would do this over selling your clothes to platos closet because at platos they'll offer you at most 4$ per item but on posh you set your prices so you pick! I love the app if youre new use my invite code!!! MARCELLATEDESCO and you'll recieve 5$ automatically
Mars A.
Get $5 off your first purchase with code REZZOREZ!
It stinks to see people have terrible experiences with Posh! I admit that $7 is high for shipping and actually prevents me from buying a lot of the time. However, as a seller it makes things way easier compared to sites like eBay or Mercari. The fees.. can also be a nuisance, but the site has a popular, specific audience. I like that, unlike Mercari, they have "parties" and allow you to share listings which helps keep the marketplace fresh. I've also had buyer issues but they were small and few in between. I guess I'm just glad that my buyers were satisfied!
Tabitha D.
Have tried to like Poshmark,  but have bad experiences each time I order. The first order I received a fake Betsey Johnson necklace, got a refund. Second order I went with someone who claimed to be a fast shipper and trusted seller, my order never was shipped. I was warned by a friend that this site was bad news,  I should have listened. I saw boutique sellers selling items you can find on Wish for $10, selling the same items for $50. There is a difference between making a profit and being a crook. I will purchase from companies that are trust worthy and have real customer service. There may be some good sellers,  but I'm not willing to waist anymore time or money trying to figure out who that me be. These people aren't held accountable,  so they do what they want.
Kristy W.
Buffalo, NY
I adore shopping don’t get me wrong. But girl I love shipping and getting something for way less! Poshmark will definitely do that! Well you’re decently loved goods. Make some money. Find items you never even knew existed! This is one of my favorite apps! The only downfall to this app is the 20% they take. But I will say you have an issue they will help you! Postage is paid and once shipped to you priority mail. I hate waiting!
Allie T.
Schenectady, NY
I love this site to sell things but they are too OD with their safety features. I have had family emergencies and busy work weeks and my account has been disabled because I did not ship something on time... sorry poshmark you’re a side gig not my full time job. Life happens! This app is also super slow and giving you your earnings in direct deposit as compared to Mercari, a competitor selling app. Strongly dislike this app, and I don’t give bad reviews like... ever! However, poshmark you deserved this one!
Renn J.
Eh. The concept of this site is genius, if people would actually use it for what it is for. I had been searching for a clothing item that quickly sold out on one of my favorite retailer's website. Obviously, checked Poshmark to see if anyone wanted to sell since this retailer does not accept cash returns. Welp, found the sweater, and paid. A week goes by, nothing. No communication from the seller nor Poshmark. Had to file a claim over Thanksgiving break to get my $25 back... You have to wait a week for them to ship which seems fair I guess but still sucks. Most of the time, the items I see on this site are only marked down $10-$15 from their original price, even if worn. I wish this site would offer more "garage sale" prices but people never seem to want to bargain on anything.
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this site have an app?
Abby B.
Is it better than ebay?
Krysti  S.
Saint Albans, WV
Best experience with the website?
Cassie K.
I saw this site advertised on Pinterest for makeup. Has anyone bought makeup off here, and if so, was it a good/bad experience?
Evelyn  H.
How long has it taken you guys to sell pieces on here?