BY POSHMARK

• Why do people ask you to purchase things from your closet through...1 Answers
  • How do you get host pick?1 Answers
  • Is it worth it to use this site? I've heard mixed reviews about it. 7 Answers
Poshmark
  • "However, there are still some great deals to be had and you can make money easily, which can be cashed out or spent on poshmark items. " in 7 reviews
  • "I would recommend checking out this app if you're into fashion or have a bunch of clothes you want to get rid of and get some extra cash! " in 5 reviews
  • "Very easy to use, when you sale an item you simply pack it up in a box or envelope, print your free shipping label and drop off at the post office." in 5 reviews
Andrea G.
Collinsville , MS
I love shopping on Poshmark! I have found so many high-end pieces at thrift store prices! I check the sales daily, and I love the option to make an offer to the seller. The shipping costs can be a little high, but if you watch the item you want, occasionally the seller will waive the shipping costs as a buying incentive- win! Like any type of private seller site, you must ask questions and check out the pieces authenticity and value, but, if you do your homework you can score some great finds!
Melissa T.
Breinigsville, PA
It's basically an online thrift shop. You find some gently used designer clothes and accessories and sometimes NWT stuff. Buying items is super easy, you can negotiate prices with the seller, but shipping is around $6. I have also used it to sell items of my own, which is a little harder to do unless you have tons and tons of new clothes to sell. I think it's an amazing shopping app and I would definitely suggest it!
Tammy R.
LUV this app! It's super easy to navigate and keep up on both shopping & selling. I like the ease of following sellers and shops and love that I get notices in my Feed from both non-followers and from my fave shops. It's a must have tool for sellers! You get IM with questions from prospective buyers and also offer notices. I use it all the time and there are lots of great bargains to be had for sure.
Brittany M.
Fashionista Expert
I’ve been using this app for almost a year now and have sold 14 items. I like that convenience of posting a picture and describing the item and only having to print a label and package the item. Poshmark provides prepaid labels so that’s great! I just wish that they didn’t take so much of the percentage of what I sell. This makes it difficult sometimes to price things they way you’d like to.
Kally W.
Aledo, TX
I love Poshmark , as a seller and a buyer on Poshmark I truly love the convenience and the quality of the items on this site. It’s like having a million friends closets at my fingertips.
Shara H.
Philadelphia
Shipping is high but it’s a great way to get some unique clothes that you can afford at secondhand that you couldn’t at original retail. I buy and sell through Poshmark and love it.
Linli F.
Saint Paul, MN
Poshmark is an app that allows consumers to purchase &/or sell both botique and used clothing. After making an account, you link your bank account or Venmo and you can start shopping. They have used clothing from every single brand you can ever imagine.

If you find something that you like, you can simply purchase it, or you can hoggle with the price by clicking the "offer" button and offering something a bit lower than what is currently listed. The user can either accept your offer at which point, you HAVE to purchase it, or they can send you a counter offer. Therefore, you should not "offer" something unless you are certain that you want to purchase the product at that price. Once you click "Buy Now", Poshmark will automatically deduct the price from your bank account and send a notification to the seller. Depending on how fast your seller can get to the USPS, your item will ship within 1-5 business days.

Unlike Craig's list, you may purchase items from all across the nation and you are protected under something they call Posh Protect. This means that after your bank account is deducted, the payment is held by Poshmark until you receive the product. Once you receive the product, you have 3 days to review it and make sure it is exactly as the description says it is and it is not damaged in any way. If it is, you click "accept" and the payment will send to the user. If it is not what the description says it is, then you can notify Poshmark and you will receive a refund with no additional added costs. The downside is, this doesn't mean you get to try on the outfit. You cannot return an item, just because it doesn't look good on you or you don't like it. It can only be refunded if it was not what the description says it was, so it can sometimes be a little tricky to ensure that you will like the product since there are basically no returns.

Also, Poshmark likes to advertise themselves as being an app where you can purchase expensive brands for very cheap. While most items on there are essentially cheaper than the original price, they are still very overpriced for used clothing. On top of the price that the user sets for you, you must pay an additional $6.49 for shipping. With this added shipping costs, there are certain things that can be quite pricey. Also, many users upcharge because Poshmark takes some portion of the money you make from every sale. If you sell your item for less than $15, they take out a flat $2.95 (which can be a lot if you're only selling your item for say, $5-6). If you sell your item for more than $15, they take out 20%. I feel like overall, this is a lot of money that they take out of your sales.

On the seller side, it is easy and smooth. Upload pictures of items, describe them, and fill in details. When it gets purchased, Poshmark will send you a prepaid shipping label. You are responsible for finding or purchasing your own box/packaging to ship this in. Just simply slap the shipping label on, go to your local USPS and ship it out. Typically in a few days, you will receive your payment via Poshmark which you can deposit directly into your bank account or use as Poshmark credit to purchase something on the site.

Overall, it's easy to use but the clothing is definitely overpriced overall. You can still find good deals on there from time to time, but the majority of it is pricey.
Nicole S.
Beaverton, OR
I love Posh! I'm both a buyer and seller. I use the app to refresh my wardrobe and to make extra money to pay my student loans.
As a buyer, I know many have had poor experiences, but if you check the sellers love notes, shipping time, and the last time they logged in you shouldn't have any issues.
As a seller, the 20% seems high, but your getting a much smaller cut if you take items to a cosignment shop or places like platos. Poshmark is more work, but you also have more control over pricing. Tradsey takes 14.9% of sales and if you want to "cash out" as to site credit it's another 2.9% and shipping method is not consistant.
There is a lot of people looking for garage sale pricing, but also many reasonable buyers that know and appreciate an items worth.
The shipping is 5.95 for priorty shipping, which is discounted from if you were to buy the same label yourself. Bundling multiple items from one closet, or looking for price drops that will sometimes trigger shipping discounts is a few ways to save on shipping.
Some people have started boutique businesses on Poshmark and make a livable wage just selling on the app. It takes a lot of work to get to that point, but if it's your passion it's well worth it.
Overall I love Poshmark's social shopping concept. I have met many wonderful poshers, bought some great hard to find items, and make enough monthly to pay my student loan, plus some for play!
Joann R.
Summerville, SC
Fashionista Expert
I love Poshmark great finds!  I just wish sellers ship faster and shipping wouldn't be so high. Great sellers, great closets, I do about 85% of my shopping there.  I've been able to find items that otherwise couldn't find elsewhere.
Aerie N.
I'm only giving a 3 star because the shipping prices with this app are absolutely ridiculous but otherwise it's a great place to buy and sell gently loved items for amazing prices if you just have patience.
Jessica G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does this site have an app?
Abby B.
Is it better than ebay?
Cassie K.
I saw this site advertised on Pinterest for makeup. Has anyone bought makeup off here, and if so, was it a good/bad experience?
Krysti  S.
Pecks Mill, WV
Best experience with the website?
Evelyn  H.
How long has it taken you guys to sell pieces on here?