Porter Airlines

Has anyone ever traveled by this airline?
Does Porter Airlines fly anywhere tropical ?
Is this a good airline to fly with??
Start your review of Porter Airlines !
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“The complimentary food/drinks were a great customer service touch that most airlines only offer for extra charges...The prices were definitely better than other airline options.” in reviews
Brooklyn , NY
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
Having flown a week before with Porter under the basic airfare, I assumed the same bag containing the same things would be acceptable for my return flight. I was told when checking in that I would need to pay an extra 50$ for my bag as it was over the capacity for a personal item. I explained the situation and was told I would have to pay the 50$ to take my bag as they must not have checked my bag thoroughly enough leaving Ottawa. It's important to note I have been flying with Porter for over 3 years, flying approximately 10 times a year, with the same bag and this has been the first time it has been an issue. Luckily Air Canada still offers a personal item and a carry on for a cheaper rate. As such I will be flying Air Canada from now on.
Flushing, NY
Flew from Toronto to Newark, NJ and for a low-cost carrier, it was alright. I'd say they are a lot more presentable than many of the low-cost carriers I've flown with. They did delay my flight for an hour, which was annoying, but luckily I was not rushed for time. I do find the commute getting to YTZ airport a little silly and atrocious, since it is literally less than a 5-minute ferry ride from the City Centre, although it is convenient. For those complaining about overweight baggage fees, please read the fine print and don't expect to not get checked. If you pack accordingly, you can easily avoid those fees, as with any other airline.
Boston, MA
Mixed thoughts about this airline. I love how the airline is small because then I do not have to arrive hours earlier before departure. Only issue with that is there tends to be a lot of delays. They use the same plane to go back and forth between the same cities so once one flight is delayed, all of the following will be. Aside from that, airport is very convenient in Toronto location.
Chicago
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
I tend to think that Porter is the best small airline available, and reviews tend to agree with me. It flies to all sorts of Canadian locations, and the planes tend to be clean (though they lack the benefits of larger aircrafts, like screens). But maybe the best part is their relationship to Billy Bishop Airport, which is so pleasant to go through.
Bartlett, IL
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I had never heard of this airline until I needed to travel to Toronto. The prices were so cheap! Luckily the flight was only 2.5 hrs! My plane was mostly full of business travelers. It was a no frills flight. Seating was cramped, but the super sweet flight attendants made up for that! So helpful and friendly!
Quick service, great staff and a nice in flight experience. However Porters baggage policies make it difficult for anybody with a larger bag to travel without having to pay extra. I was not able to take my guitar and had to pay $88 extra to have it checked in. Just keep that in mind when booking any flights.
atlanta, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Are use this airline traveling route that was around an hour. They are quick, professional, clean, dependable, and offered airports in locations that were convenient to where I was traveling to and from. I definitely recommend however the only drawback is that it’s a bit expensive unless you get the ticket when it’s on sale.
Piscataway, NJ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I have only used porter to fly from Newark NJ to Toronto CA, which is only a 50 minute flight. However, each time I’ve flown through porter I have had a good experience. The flights are on time and comfortable for the length of time spent onboard, and the complimentary glass of wine is also a nice perk!
Long Is City, NY
Porter is the best airline in Canada! I only wish they would fly to more cities. I love that they give free alcohol, however, I would love to see a first class in a porter airplane. I also dislike when I’m flying to Toronto from Halifax, that I have to stay on the plane in Ottawa
Toronto
I flew from Toronto to Chicago over winter break to visit my family for the FIRST TIME on my own. Since I have really bad anxiety, I was afraid that the trip was going to be horrible! However, I safely landed in Chicago feeling incredibly happy to see my family. Porter Airlines had great accommodations and amazing staff. I really enjoyed my first flight home!!!
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Sault Sainte Marie
il y a un an
Does Porter Airlines fly anywhere tropical ?
Travel A. • il y a un an
Porter services USA and Canada but they have a partnership with JetBlue which does fly to the Caribbean. So you will need a connecting flight. There is a section on their site called Where we fly where it explains more about it.