BY PORTAL 2

Portal 2
  • "It's intriguing, futuristic, and full of puzzles to work your brain without it being another cheesy, typical puzzle game." in 21 reviews
  • "I loved the first Portal game, but Portal 2 is a blast, the gameplay is so much fun and you can tell that the creators put so much time into making this game fantastic!" in 20 reviews
  • "Expanding on the story and the characters, Portal two made you care more about the story line while bringing longer, more complicated puzzles with stunning graphics along the way, helping to draw all players in till they truly believed the cake was a lie." in 20 reviews
  • "The co-op mode is also rich, fun, and does not feel like a tacked on addition to a single player game like many co-op modes." in 14 reviews
  • "Even better is the availability of a completely new co-op mode, where you and a friend (who play as adorable little robots) embark on a separate storyline to complete quite a large number of levels." in 10 reviews
Kannah C.
Utica, NY
One of my absolute favorites! I put so much time into this game between both 1 and 2 player modes, that's right you can even play this one with a friend! The humor in this game is so good, we STILL quote it. The puzzles can get pretty challenging too, which is a plus for me. 100% recommend, for science!
Becky R.
Ogden, UT
Favorite! Portal 2 is a first person puzzle-platform game. This genre was super popular in the late 80s and throughout the 90s, and Portal 2 gives that genre an excellent refresh and update for modern gamers. It’s got a good bit of dark humor throughout it and the story writing is incredible. I would love to see another Portal game, but I’m not sure how a sequel would work out. This game is easy enough to play that it can be enjoyable for those who do not game heavily, but interesting and funny enough to appeal to gaming enthusiasts.
Sidney K.
Surprise Az
Gamer Expert Level 1
It has a very sci-fi, feel to it, it's another puzzle like game. I got this game when it first out and I really enjoy it, it's really enjoyable and if another game comes out, I really surely get it.
Mak S.
Atlanta, GA
This is such an entertaining game. I can sit there and play this for hours without getting tired. I’m only giving this 4/5 because some parts were really hard for me to get past lol. I think everyone should play this game at least once.
Bear S.
West Columbia, SC
Let me start you off. THIS GAME IS AMAZING. Humor? got it. Challenges? Got it. Mystery? Got it. I can't say enough to get the fact into you head that this game is amazing. I've played the game again at least five times and I still love it. The price is incredible for what it is, and probably should be WAY higher. This game got me into video games. I can't say enough. Buy the game. Never look back. Nowadays it's hard to find a game so good. PLEASE BUY THE GAME. It's worth it.
Sarah S.
Hampstead, NC
Gamer Expert Level 1
This is one of the first games I played when I got my PS3 and got back into videogames. Portal 2 is humorous and challenging in all the right ways. I had tons of fun playing this and was thoroughly entertained throughout. You can also play this without having played the first one and not feel lost. It's endearing and satisfying with a pretty good replay value if you're the type to want to go back and try to do things more efficiently.  Highly recommended!
April J.
Las Vegas, NV
I have so many wonderful memories with this game. After dozens and dozens of hours playing this with my boyfriend, it seems impossible to get tired of it! If you are looking to get into video games, this is a great entry point. I recommend it for any age or gender! Well, maybe not babies. : P
Alissa R.
Dallas, TX
Gamer Expert Level 1
This game is so wonderful! If you like intellectual puzzle type games with wonderful witty humor along the way then you will love this game. The original was wonderful and the sequel did not disappoint. It’s just the right amount of challenging and makes you think creatively! I love it so much!
Patricia P.
Leeuwarden, Netherlands
Sequels are always tricky. In most cases, people build up such expectations in their heads that whatever a sequel might throw at them later, it will never be enough. With Portal two, the pressure for an awesome sequel was there alright... and it was off the chart.
Because lets recap a bit. The first Portal, Portal one if you want, was an amazing game. Literately given away at first by Valve because they had space to spare on their orange box, it quickly grew into one of the best and most hyped games of its time. Companion cube, The cake was a lie, GLaDOS... everyone loved the game play, the black humor, and most of all, everyone loved the characters.

So when Portal two came, we, I, was extremely nervous to see what they'd made of it. Would it match the awesome expectation we made in our head? Of would it be a disaster that would ruin the franchise?

Luckly for THE WORLD, it was the first one.
Portal two is an AMAZING game. There is no question about it. The humor is back, and better then ever. We have more, better characters that we immediately fell in love with, and the story is superb.

I think the most important thing they did was they didn't try to repeat the first game. Sure, the gameplay is almost identical and the same characters are there, but they are.. different. The overused jokes from Portal one? Sure, maybe the cake is mentioned once or twice and the Companion cube has a cameo, but that's it. They didn't try to re-use all the old jokes, because frankly, they weren't funny anymore. You can only shout "THE CAKE IS A LIE" so many times before it gets old.
No, instead they made new jokes, new characters, new personalities. It feels fresh, even though you know you kinda played the game before. I feel that that is the strongest point of this game.

There is a downside however. In Portal one, everything was focused on the puzzles. The possibilities to solve them.. well, they weren't endless, but there were a lot. In portal two, not so much. I feel that maybe they got carried away in the "LOOK HOW AWESOME APERTURE SCIENCE LOOKS NOW" idea. The puzzles are still there, but instead of really trying to fire out how to solve it, you're more likely to search the room for the one single panel you can place your portal on.

Still, that's just a minor flaw in an awesome game. The story sucks you in.. you might not even notice that little flaw I just talked about. And then I didn't even talk about the "steam workplace" yet, in which you can make your own test chambers or test others (No replay value? There are HUNDREDS of test chambers for you too test... SCIENCE!) or the multiplayer mode, in which you have to solve puzzles together. This whole new area is about as big as the whole damn game itself.

All in all, this is a great game. Personally, this is the second best game I own .. and Portal one is in first place. So how about you stop reading this and get testing. For science. You monster~

Elizabeth H.
Clinton, MO
OH My God! I absolutely love this game. The Co-op gameplay is awesome and I just love the storyline to it. It's hillarious and so much fun. I've always been a huge fan of this type of game. Seriously, if you like puzzle, platformer type of games this is totally worth a try.
Lina S.
Naperville, IL
Do you find the multi-player fun? Or is it difficult to figure out?
Lauren W.
Nicholasville, KY
I haven't played this game yet but I've only heard great things about it, is it worth buying or should I just rent it?
Isabella C.
Tucson, AZ
If we ever saw a Portal 3 (doubt it VmV) what would you want in it? :>
jay l.
Meadville, PA
What would you like to see if they made a portal 3? personally i would love to see a prequel...that would be awesome...so...opinions?
Jeni O.
Scranton, PA
....*Is* the cake... a Lie?