BY POPEYES LOUISIANA KITCHEN #16 in Dining

Andrea O.
Andrea O.
Waipahu, HI
Our go-to place to get fried chicken! They have a spicy version which KFC to my knowledge doesn't have and it can be pretty spicy. They also have a few things that KFC doesn't offer like the jambalaya bowl and a few other options like with the sides. And I like that they try to come up with specials on a pretty regular basis that are usually pretty good.

Prices are a bit high, maybe a bit higher than KFC but I would say that the difference in the food and drinks makes the difference. Like how the one here in Hawaii has one of those Coca-Cola dispenser machines that lets you pick from a large variety of drink types and flavors to mix and match your own taste.

Customer Service is usually pretty good as well. Though they have gotten our order wrong or mixed up, but it's not a really major thing usually. But if we did notice and were eating at the restaurant than we do say something and they are willing to fix it.
Rachel C.
Rachel C.
I remember when I first discovered Popeyes. We had just moved to Northern Virginia, and there was a Popeyes restaurant not far from our condo. It was one of our favorite places to stop in for a quick bite. The chicken is by far the juiciest, tastiest fried chicken I have ever found - make sure you grab extra napkins! We love that they have both a classic recipe and a spicy recipe, and my husband is always very fond of spicy chicken while I am not. The sides are delicious and different than what you get anywhere else - I highly recommend the red beans and rice if you want a bit of southern flavor with your meal. Biscuits are buttery and soft and flakey. I don't go nearly as often as I used to, mainly because the calorie count is just too high for me, unfortunately. But this is still a place I look for as an occasional special treat.
Anthea F.
Anthea F.
Jersey City, NJ
Hunger struck in winter? Fried chicken on your mind???
The first thing I usually see is the Popeyes right by my place- doesn't matter that Popeyes is always a hit or a miss.

Some days the chicken is crispy, some days they've made it in batches and it's not so great. There are times I ask for just thighs and they usually say no- that doesn't happen at competitor brands- but hey I'm not complaining because I understand that a business has to make their
Money.

But yes I'd rate them higher than other friend chicken brands- you feel clean knowing you're eating healthy and great chicken. That's my pet peeve with fast food- you don't really know what you're eating- but with this brand you do!

Go on- take ur bite of the lovely chicken knowing that they have your back!

Stay healthy xxooxx
Hayley B.
Hayley B.
Friendsville, TN
I have been to this Popeyes probably a dozen times now. Always friendly staff and consistently high quality food (given that this is fast food...). I much prefer Popeyes to KFC, but I've heard others feel no real difference so you'll have to decide for yourself.

I usually get the spicy chicken tenders combo, which comes with 5 tenders, a biscuit, and one side for about $8. The chicken and biscuits are phenomenal and their 2-for-$1 apple pies (shaped like a hot pocket) are great as well.

The only thing preventing a 5 star rating is the fact that several times I've had to wait 5+ minutes for them to cook my chicken. This is rather long for fast food. The staff is always friendly though and at least up front about waiting times.
Kassie B.
Kassie B.
Aurora, IL
The cajun fries are soo yummy. But the spicy chicken when made right is on point. BUT zoo many times we have been to our local Popeyes and they do not correctly make the chicken. Like the texure is too overcooked and tough or just weird and janky. Aka the tenders can be like this many times. We do not go here a lot but I like it when they add new stuff. The beer chicken is one cheap little tender shredded up in parts and the coating slides off.... Other then that it has an interesting garlic flavor to it. NOT worth the money they charge. Looks huge in the commercial but this is what they do with these rip off ripin chicken products that they also come out with. It puts the RIP OFF in ripin chicken.
Stephanie H.
Stephanie H.
Oklahoma City, OK
BEST CHICKEN EVER, it's so good I love it. This chicken is so good it hurts, literally. Every time I eat a piece of Popeyes chicken I tear up the inside of my mouth because of how crispy the batter is. The chicken is always steaming and delicious though so it's totally worth it. I usually love dipping chicken strips in ranch, but these are so good I usually dip my fries in the ranch instead and eat the chicken plain. It's just so crispy and flavorful every time! Whether or not it's good quality is questionable, but it's not ground chicken that's for sure! For fast food, I consider popeyes to be on the pricier side, but at least the flavor is worth the tag.
Samuel O.
Samuel O.
Brooklyn, NY
Hands down, best fast food fried chicken on the market. It is so convenient, clean and most importantly DELISH. My favorite go-to's are the classic Thigh/Wing/Drumstick Combo, Po Boy or Spicy Chicken Sando (sandwich fyi), Seasoned Fries, Mashed Potatoes +Gravy and Mac & Cheese.

This easily beats out KFC Chicken since the taste and quality is way better. Plus, Popeyes has such a great vibe/culture for it's food. Only con I do have to honestly state is that I'm pretty sure Popeyes does contain trans fat...BUT otherwise most products don't and promise you won't regret your Popeyes dining experience :]
Popeys is not typical for a chicken joint. The seasonings are blended to a point that it's not easy to even pick out one. When you bite into their signature fried chicken its enough of an impact of flavor but without the overwhelming sensation of saltiness like other chicken recipes. No-one likes oily chicken and this chicken almost seems as thought it is baked. You have all the juiciest pieces with none of the greasyness(if that's even a word). It's perfect!!! Now I'm off to Popeyes it's dinnertime and I'm starving.
Vinh D.
Vinh D.
I've had KFC and the chicken from PopEyes is on a different level. The spice and the flavor of the chicken from PopEyes is much more notic compared to KFC. Since there was a PopEyes chain near the university that I attended, it was a treat. The price is just right for a college student because of what you get. The only negative experience from PopEyes is when my girlfriend got the stomach flu from it. We don't eat at PopEyes anymore because of that but the chicken is undoubtedly good.
Kathy N.
Kathy N.
Milpitas, CA
Since Popeyes is located across from my work location. Whenever I get out of work for lunch or off work there is a smell that really tempting me to get to the store and buy it. The Tuesday chicken deal is never bad for a cheat day from working out. The quality alone of the chicken is really good. Especially, even though I know it's fry food but most of the chicken I received my order, I never notice the fat grease underneath the skin fry, the crispiness is always right for me.
Kendra J.
Kendra J.
Do you prefer spicy or regular chicken?
Danielle N.
Danielle N.
Orlando, FL
Do you like Popeyes biscuits? Why it why not?
Brooklyn, NY
What's your favorite side?
Brooklyn, NY
What's your favorite side?
Jasmine Y.
Jasmine Y.
Columbia, SC
Im thinking about ordering a turkey this year from a restaurant and heard they have a cajun turkey. is it any good?