BY NINTENDO #20 in Nintendo Games

When pokémon fans begin their thrilling 3-D adventure in pokémon x or pokémon y this october, they will be transported into an entirely new region called kalos. A mysterious place that is shaped like a star, kalos is a region where players will encounter beautiful forests, thriving cities, and many never before seen pokémon. o the cowardly pokémon helioptile, a normal and electric type pokémon, can generate enough electricity through sunbathing to power machinery. But wise trainers won t be deterred by helioptile s lack of bravery. It knows parabolic charge, a brand new move where... see more...

• Who is your favorite Pokemon? Mine is Pikachu. Just too cute and ...26 Answers
  • Is this a good game to play?2 Answers
  • This is one my favorite entries in the Pokémon series! What is yo...3 Answers
Buy on Kohl's
rebecca G.
Wesley Chapel
I was never allowed to play Pokemon as a kid because my parents just int like it for religious reasons. This is the first Pokemon game that I have ever played and let me just say that I am in love! the Pokemon are so cute and I love the storyline as well. Battling with my Pokemon is definitely a unique experience.

As someone that has never played a Pokemon game in her life, I highly recommend it. It definitely is a game that you will have fun playing.
Jennifer C.
Liberty, TX
This is one of my favorite Pokemon games. The graphics are better than before, 75 new Pokemon added to it including the legendaries, which I love. I love the Kalos region. It's a bit easy, but there are ways to make it more challenging. Overall, I have a lot of fun playing this game.
Richard A.
Since this game takes place in France, I was instantly attracted to it. The region offers a variety of different Pokemon, and even introduces a new type: Fairy-type! The battling mechanics of this game are cutting edge and highly addictive to play. The multiplayer component of this game made it very easy to play with people halfway across the world too! I recommend this game to all Pokemon fans.
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
The only Pokemon generation game I missed out on is the 5th generation. Pokemon X is part of the 6th generation. Without one of the 5th generation games I can't transfer all the Pokemon I need or want to. Any who, that's just a side story. I absolutely loved this game. Because of the fact I was coming into this with a fresh mind, I was utterly amazed by everything: the graphics, the cut scenes, even the customization. I absolutely loved the customization here, but in Pokemon Sun and Moon they perfected it. Pokemon X and Y's game play is much better though. Even after you finish the game there are post-game quests you can take part in which gives the game a better feel for it. It helps you continue to love what you do. My favorite Pokemon to date is Sylveon; I'm used to calling it Nymphia because of its Japanese name. I put in a lot of work and love to get my Nymphia and also, my next favorite, is the Goomy evolutions. I was lucky and was able to evolve my sliggoo into a goodra after I found rain in Shalour city. Another feature I love is the GTS (Global Trading Center) and also wonder trade. I love mating starter Pokemon, hatching eggs, and asking for other generations of starters. I'm building my collection! My boyfriend played Pokemon Y with me as I played Pokemon X, so that was also very enjoyable. Majority of it is the same, just the only differences are Pokemon options in a few, like the legendaries for example. So to sum it all up the three things that I loved about this game are: 1) the spectacle 2) character customization 3) ease of training. I know I didn't touch base on that, but in previous games it used to be very tedious. There's a downside to this, of course, and that's when your Pokemon is level 89 fire and your up against a level 30 water, it'll do a lot of damage. Whereas in previous games, it wouldn't.
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
this game was very fun to play though. However unlike the older generations I got very bored with this one once I beat the elite four and kinda set this game aside in favor of newer ones at the time. I have found that with the newer games it feels like there is too much story and dialogue and not enough actual game play
Katy S.
Winnsboro , SC
Gamer Expert Level 1
I love Pokemon X and Y I love how they implemented the fairy type. Sylveon is now my favorite evolution of Eevee. I had so much fun with dressing up my character and my Pokemon. This is one of my favorite Pokemon games. I bought both X and Y and got both of the posters through the GameStop promotion because I pre-ordered it.
Marybeth o.
Pottsville, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Whats not to love about pokemon! These games provide hours of entertainment on long road trips and in doctors offices. I love it that they never end so you can keep playing.
Richie J.
Opelousas, LA
I had never played a Pokémon game before on. Nintendo DS growing up. My only experiences had been my younger sisters obsession with the card trading and playing on Game Cube I believe it was. However I really loved the tv series and I've considered myself a fan of the series. But I was living in a dark shadow not having experienced the true Pokémon game in DS form. After Pokémon Go I really wanted this game and bought it as soon as it came out. I am a 28 year old mommy and wife and I absolutely loved it. It was a blast. Right now I'm finished with the game's story line but I'm filling up my Pokedex. This game has made me a true fan who is now going back to live my childhood, playing games I thought I was too grown to play at the time such as Red and Blue, and Pokémon Sapphire. Thanks Pokémon for a childhood in adulthood.
Ashley D.
I went in for both X & Y , I played x while the hubby had Y . I enjoyed this very much and it was very much like the old Pokemon . Very fun and easy to pick up .
Lily H.
Gamer Expert Level 3
This was a big change for Pokemon as this was the first game made for the 3DS system. Lots of new features were introduced in this game like character customization, being able to move diagonally, Pokemon battle animations, mega evolutions, Fairy type, and more. This was a fantastic game and a great change. It was amazing to experience Pokemon finally in 3D and having a bit more individuality in the game. Wi-fi capabilities in this game are great and I was having a great time meeting new people from all over the world in this game. Although the in-game story was extensive, I feel as though I was left bored in the post-game and was hoping for a bit more. All in all, a fantastic game and great installment in an already beloved game.
Jennifer W.
Lynchburg, VA
Who is your favorite Pokemon? Mine is Pikachu. Just too cute and sweet.
Jess K.
Campton, KY
What do you think about the new evolution's?
Alexis R.
Oklahoma City , OK
Do they plan on going further than this generation? I would like to know! And if so, I wonder what direction they'd go towards.
Misha B.
What is your Favorite Pokemon ?
Alisha S.
Jamestown, KY
How does it compare to Pokemon Y?