BY NINTENDO #59 in Nintendo Games

Pokémon Sun (Nintendo 3-DS) see more...

• hello! is this that different to Pokémon Moon (Nintendo 3DS)? hav...1 Answers
  • Is this game any good1 Answers
  • Can anyone explain me the main difference between Pokemon moon an...4 Answers
Laura H.
Toledo, OH
As a long time player of the Pokemon series, I had high hopes for this. Visually, the game is beautiful: I love the starter Pokemon, the interface, but it is definitely targeted towards the younger generation of gamers, which is disappointing for a franchise that has thrived beautifully by reaching all ages. Probably my least favorite of the games so far, and I've been lagging my way through it. It is worth noting, however, that my kids (ages 5, 6 and 8) love both Sun and Moon and play them extensively.
Heather C.
Lake Village, AR
I was SOOOOO disappointed in this game. This game has the feel of a more child oriented than the older ones and there just IS NOT much to this game. I played it for a few hours and then honestly contemplated taking it back simply because it was that bad... Id give this game a negative rating if it was possible
Taylor S.
I've always loved all the pokemon games. Growing up my brother and I played every single one, so I was super excited to play this one. I really liked it and got a great amount of playing time out of it. However, I did feel like there was a little too much dialog in the game itself. It also was more geared towards kids, not a 24 year old lol. I still really liked the game and definitely suggest it to pokemon fans.
Richard A.
Miami
This game has so many amazing graphics and designs, as well as character development and storyline plot. The Pokemon battles in this game have excellent, high-definition quality, which was what inspired me to buy this game. Not only that, but the game has a tropical setting (Hawaii in particular) which is somewhere I have always wanted to visit!
Lereyza b.
Cartersville, GA
Gamer Expert Level 1
It is very good, some changes in the story make it very interesting and you can not stop playing until you finish it. in other areas they had to add more new things to offset the expense but I liked
Jaycie O.
Mililani, HI
Gamer Expert Level 2
Love Pokémon Sun! Same Pokémon game feels where you are on an adventure and go from town to town and on your way discover and catch Pokémon. Challenge new rivals and Gyms! It has that Hawaii feel and such a cute game!
Allison C.
Clarksville, AR
I love this game. they have added a lot more Pokémon to the game and it has different ways to play. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who likes Pokémon and wants to play it in a new way and have a lot of time on your hands.
Marybeth o.
Pottsville, PA
Gamer Expert Level 1
Whats not to love about pokemon! These games provide hours of entertainment on long road trips and in doctors offices. I love it that they never end so you can keep playing.
Ashley W.
Upper Lake, CA
Pokemon sun had me hooked for a good minute lol. I love the way they took this story line. For some reason it felt a little more easier to play verses the other pokemon games. They give you options to customize your main character, where you can buy new clothes and accessories. Also the pokemon in the new series are super adorable! Defiantly worth playing especially if you're a pokemon lover! Perfect for all ages.
Diana S.
Philadelphia, PA
I'm actually surprised as to how many good reviews this game and Pokemon Moon have because after my boyfriend and I beat Pokemon X and Y, we both each had Pokemon Sun or Moon to play. He stopped early on because he just wasn't enjoying the game play, and I will admit I'm not against the fact that it's different but rather that it's dry. I understand the games have always been geared towards children, but I don't know many children, including my nephew, that continued to play this game. They put it down after awhile themselves. It's either tedious, too easy, or dry. I love the color, the animations, the spectacle, there is a bit too many cut scenes. It's an interesting turn of events, the fact that it's different, but everyone who did hop on the bandwagon of the hype following Pokemon Go, that I know, beat the game in less than 24 hours and have said "eh" afterwards. This isn't Nintendo's or The Pokemon Company's best. I'm a Nintendo girl, I've dreamt about working for Nintendo one day, but it seems to me they are having a hard time playing catch up against what they already have and what is out there provided by other game developers. Recently, I heard they are probably making a new Pokemon game for their current console, but I'm also not too keen about their current console currently. The design is great, the specifications not so great. I'll leave the Nintendo Switch review for the actual page, but I'm hoping as with any other console like the PlayStation has a 4 and pro now, and Xbox has others in its lineage as well, that the Nintendo Switch does continue to grow and optimize to the current market stream. Only then will I consider purchasing both the new Pokemon game that they are working on and the Switch. Otherwise, they don't have enough third party developers to convince me, and i feel like it really showed in Pokemon Sun and Moon that they're falling behind. They had great hits, how do you top that? They try to go for something new, and that's not the problem. The problem is who they geared it towards instead. There's many current loyal fans, that if they stepped back and used that to their advantage the next generation would follow.
Raziel P.
Does Pokémon sun work on ds lite
Candice C.
I have an 8 year old who is obsessed with gaming. He is getting a 3DS for Christmas, and loves Pokémon. Which Pokémon game would you recommend for him?
Gabby M.
San Antonio, TX
Is this a good game for a 7 year old?
Can anyone explain me the main difference between Pokemon moon and Pokemon sun? Because my little bro wants one of this for his birthday.
Nicholas D.
Is it worth the buy? I want to get it but I'm not sure if I should just wait till the price drops.