BY NINTENDO

Pokémon omega ruby and pokémon alpha sapphire will launch worldwide in november 2014, exclusively for the nintendo 3-Ds family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade pokémon in a new adventure. pokémon omega ruby and pokémon alpha sapphire are a fresh take on pokémon ruby and pokémon sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the game boy advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world. be sure to visit pokemon.com frequently for more pokémon omega ruby and... see more...

Pokémon: Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS)
  • "My eight year old son love pokemon def thinking about picking this up for him" in 1 review
Gaby R.
Definitely loved this remake! took me back to my childhood when the first version came out. Had as much fun as I did playing the first version.
Calvin P.
Modesto, CA
Been playing Pokemon since Red/Blue hit the US. Not only does this put me back into the same mindset of the good ol' Ruby/Sapphire days, but it takes it so many steps beyond with the new mechanics and story changes. They took a game generation and made it so much more amazing than it originally was. Mega evolution, new typings, resistances, etc.
Saying that, there were some changes that shocked me. Locations with new layouts that confused me beyond necessary means. One key gripe was the removal of the Battle Frontier. The replacement isn't as enjoyable as Nintendo/Gamefreak might think, but what it does an OK job.

Overall, with the new additions and removals, Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire are outstanding as remakes or first time Pokemon gamers.
Julia J.
I still have not finished the game but I do enjoy it a lot. The game is pretty easy to pass when fighting Pokemon, but at one point I did get lost and did not know where to go. The map was confusing me and I stopped playing. I started playing again after a month or so and it took me about an hour to finally find the right path. It is a great game to play, I just did not like the way the map was made for this game.
Shannon R.
My personal favorite Pokemon game of all time! I found the updated graphics truly brought the region to life from Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. So immersive and there is so much to explore and experience. Definitely would recommend!
Zachary P.
My boyfriend always played pokémon so one day, I went out and wanted to see what all the hype was about. It's honestly so fun! It satisfies the adventurer, strategist, and competitor in me. It's very simple to grasp but there are so many different elements to this game that can keep you entertained for months, even years.
Lorna W.
Gamer Expert Level 5
In my opinion the best Pokemon game I've played in a while. They included all the popular features from the last more modern games, but allow you to play the series over again. I never played the original, so for me this was a big surprise and I loved every moment.
member-36ba69c94
Los Angeles, CA
8.7/10

There's too much water in the game....

HAH! No, I am am kidding. As someone who has been playing Pokémon since I was a kid, the nostalgia was there. It reminded me of my childhood, when I set out on a journey with my Pokémon at the age of like... 13. On my own. With no adult supervision.

Anyways, nostalgia...

I love how it is a remake with added things. It's great for kids in this generation because it helps them relate t' the older folks who play but also keeps it up to date with mega evolutions.
Danni M.
Hamden, CT
Its pokemon. One of the most addictive games out there as well as the biggest things that 90's remember. 20 years later and still going strong. Go Nintendo!
Drishti K.
Los Angeles, CA
I love Pokemon and this new version of my old favorite game is amazing! With enhanced visuals and story line and a new and cool way of capturing Pokemon in the wild.
Jenna P.
Topeka, KS
I loved the original and I love this one even more. The 3d is amazing. I love how some spots you'll see wingull fly by or other Pokemon. All the extra stuff they added in to keep it updated is amazing even the elite 4 and gym battles are beautiful. One of my favorites
Kathy N.
Federal Way, WA
Is this Pokemon game the best? If nkt, which one is your favofite?
Anna P.
What is the next Pokemon version(s) for 3DS and when does it come out?
Cassie H.
E Liverpool, OH
I've some how gone through 18 years of life and have never played Pokémon. I know that Omega Ruby and Blue Sapphire are remakes of Red and Blue and that Red and Blue where kind of the same game. (I'm not assuming. A friend who is a huge Pokémon fan told me this.) Even though they are kind of the same which is better to start the world of Pokèmon with? Ruby or Sapphire?
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
Gamer Expert Level 5
How does this compare to the original ruby?
Ashley R.
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if this game has major differences if you're playing on a 2DS versus playing on a 3DS?