BY NINTENDO #37 in Nintendo Games

Pokémon omega ruby and pokémon alpha sapphire will launch worldwide in november 2014, exclusively for the nintendo 3-Ds family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade pokémon in a new adventure. pokémon omega ruby and pokémon alpha sapphire are a fresh take on pokémon ruby and pokémon sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the game boy advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world. be sure to visit pokemon.com frequently for more pokémon omega ruby and... see more...

Pokémon: Omega Ruby (Nintendo 3DS)
  • "My eight year old son love pokemon def thinking about picking this up for him" in 1 review
Jesse M.
Seattle, WA
The last Pokemon game I played before I quit because I was "too old" was Ruby. When Omega Ruby came out, I knew I had to get it. The nostalgia and happy childhood memories this game brings out in me could almost make me cry... but this game doesn't just remind me of childhood. It makes me a child again. It's been updated and the people at Nintendo are geniuses because they know exactly what to give you - cosplay Pikachus, a wild Pokemon radar, feeding and playtime with your pets?! If you get bored of one part of this game, there's 10 other games built in. Do battle, play dress-up, make a secret base... seriously, I'll never escape Pokemon. It's just too good.
Nicole B.
Malvern, PA
Absolutely amazing! Disregard your age, you need this game if you were or are a Pokemon fan. With the new design of the game from X&Y it has improved greatly. The game itself now has SHADOWS! The 3D is so much smoothr! The gameplay is just as fun and the new features from X&Y carry over. It really gives this game an endless type of feel. Overall I was amazed at how much they really put into the game on improving the look of it. You can tell this is their second round at designing the new format. It is a fun play for adults and kids, plus with added features it never seems to end.
Katy M.
Nacogdoches, TX
I very much enjoyed playing this back when the first game came out. So when it was announced I pre-ordered as soon as I could. When I got it on the midnight release I rushed home and ended up playing it for at least five hours while skyping with my friend who also got this. I can still pick this up and play for about 2-3 hours at a time if I have nothing going on. Still very addicting and a great remake of the gameboy advance original. With new features including new mega evolutions and revamped contests/bases.
Julia J.
I still have not finished the game but I do enjoy it a lot. The game is pretty easy to pass when fighting Pokemon, but at one point I did get lost and did not know where to go. The map was confusing me and I stopped playing. I started playing again after a month or so and it took me about an hour to finally find the right path. It is a great game to play, I just did not like the way the map was made for this game.
member-36ba69c94
Los Angeles, CA
8.7/10

There's too much water in the game....

HAH! No, I am am kidding. As someone who has been playing Pokémon since I was a kid, the nostalgia was there. It reminded me of my childhood, when I set out on a journey with my Pokémon at the age of like... 13. On my own. With no adult supervision.

Anyways, nostalgia...

I love how it is a remake with added things. It's great for kids in this generation because it helps them relate t' the older folks who play but also keeps it up to date with mega evolutions.
Teph W.
Portland, OR
This game is so much fun! It keeps all of the classic elements of the franchise and adds some new features to keep things exciting. This is a remake of Pokemon Ruby, which I played over 10 years ago so I don't remember the details, but as a stand alone game ita really fun. Even with the changes to the exp share making it super easy to level up Pokemon, the trainers and gym leaders seem really easy. But the world is still a lot of fun to explore, especially with the introduction of 3D models in the 6th generation.
Casey G.
Wilmington, NC
I like the fact that this one takes all the things I loved about the original Hoenn titles and adds all the cool new features that came with X and Y. The new mega evolutions are fantastic and give much needed boosts to underused Pokemon like Mawile and Banette, and the storyline and subquests have improved too. I love that the game cuts out lots of unnecessary grinding and travel in favor of cutscenes, and that Steven is still a really challenging champion. My favorite Pokemon title yet!
Megan R.
I loved omega ruby but honestly not as much as X&Y. The game was so easy to beat except that once you beat it there really wasn't much to do. The graphics were on par with X&Y but that's about where my excitement ends. In the Pokemon world it will certainly help you further your team and thus I would recommend it but otherwise it wasn't very fun.
Zachary P.
My boyfriend always played pokémon so one day, I went out and wanted to see what all the hype was about. It's honestly so fun! It satisfies the adventurer, strategist, and competitor in me. It's very simple to grasp but there are so many different elements to this game that can keep you entertained for months, even years.
Xanadu R.
San Diego, CA
I'm almost finished with this game! I actually never played Pokemon as a kid but now I'm absolutely addicted! If you played Red and Blue, I would definitely pick this one up. It's also really great if you're new to Pokemon and want to get acquainted with an older style of game before Sun and Moon come out in November!
Kathy N.
Federal Way, WA
Is this Pokemon game the best? If nkt, which one is your favofite?
Anna P.
What is the next Pokemon version(s) for 3DS and when does it come out?
Cassie H.
E Liverpool, OH
I've some how gone through 18 years of life and have never played Pokémon. I know that Omega Ruby and Blue Sapphire are remakes of Red and Blue and that Red and Blue where kind of the same game. (I'm not assuming. A friend who is a huge Pokémon fan told me this.) Even though they are kind of the same which is better to start the world of Pokèmon with? Ruby or Sapphire?
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
Gamer Expert Level 5
How does this compare to the original ruby?
Ashley R.
Atlanta, GA
Does anyone know if this game has major differences if you're playing on a 2DS versus playing on a 3DS?