BY NIANTIC #42 in Apps

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.

Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!

Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.

Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.

Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.

It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!

• Are you still playing Pokemon go after the craze is gone?10 Answers
  • What's the rarest Pokémon you have found in the wild so far?28 Answers
  • Does anyone play Pokémon GO? What level are you and how many km h...1 Answers
Victoria B.
Bakersfield, CA
Our family loves loves this game . We go to the parks to play and even make some detours on the way home from church on sundays to look to see if we can find some characters that we haven't captured yet . Of course I don't agree that people should be driving and playing that is very dangerous . We get a lot of exercise and some good vitamin D outside when we walk the park looking for characters . My son is always taking my phone so he can play Pokémon Go . I think it is a great idea to incorporate physical activity with video games. It forces kids and grownups to get up from the couch and get moving . It would be cool if they incorporated a step counter into the game for the adult s.
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
I actually generally enjoy the game, but had to pull it off my phone because of the amount of space it takes up. When I did play, it sucked up resources because the phone had to be active (screen on/lit up) for the app the work; if it went dark, the game went to sleep and wouldn't inform me of nearby pokemon. It warms players to pay attention tot heir surroundings, then makes it difficult to do so by shutting down when the phone isn't being held correctly or the screen s dark. Then there's the money suck of having to pay for the poke balls and other items. In the end, yea, it was fun, but it was a suck on phone and financial resources, so removing it ended up being better for me. I use other apps when walking that don't require my attention and help me do good for others instead: ResQwalk and Charity Miles.
Jan G.
Gamer Expert
I got this app in my cell is a perfect encouragement to make lazy people walk lol is super fan, you walk and then you don’t realize that you actually walking long distances. The only problems is that is a battery consumer. And if you are moving to fast like running the system thinks that you are cheating. Yes I will recommend this app for parents to walk with the kids is a super fan activity, don’t forget the extra charger.
Alissa R.
Dallas, TX
Gamer Expert
I won't lie, I LOVE Pokémon and I was a little too obsessed with the app when it first came out. It was really fun explore real life places with friends and find our favorite pokemon, but the excitement wore off the longer we waited and waited for any updates to be made. This game just isn't finished and Niantic waited too long. Every now and then I'll open it up to see if anything has been updated and fixed, but there are still just not enough features and too many bugs for me to get back into it.
Nicole T.
Stafford , VA
Nerd girl! You caught me! I love this app. It is so easy to use and a lot of fun when walking through town or a new place. My kids also love playing and leveling up or seeing new characters. It’s really a family friendly game.
Becca L.
Gamer Expert
This game was so fun when they first launched. The app itself takes forever to load and would frequently crash. The constant use of the gps uses the phone battery ridiculously fast. After the first east set of pokemon were caught, the hype died down and got boring.
Felicia J.
Spring Lk Pk, MN
Gamer Expert
Good way to get out and exercise but sadly it got boring after a while. I spoof and play but if they ever ban me for it , I won’t play anymore. It’s too boring to walk around and see only a couple Pokémon. Plus some Pokémon raids need a lot of people and not many people make it to the raid so it’s time wasted for something you won’t beat alone or with three people
Linda M.
I play this with my 22 year old son who grew up when Pokémon was a cartoon in the 90s that he wouldn't miss! It's easy to use and a BIT addicting! I found myself spending money for coins to improve my chances against these major gamers!
Liv C.
Statesboro, GA
I've waited my whole life to be a real pokemon trainer, but there are so few fire types in my area. I wish it was easier to find different types, especially growlithe. It would also be really nice if it didn't drain by battery so much, because I can only go out for an hour or two before my battery is killed.
Jodi A.
Kaneohe, HI
GOTTA CATCH 'UM ALL!! POKEMON!!

When this game first came out EVERYONE in Hawaii was playing it. I think that was the most active I've seen Hawaii people lol JK JK. Because of this game I got off of my lazy booty and walked around to catch Pokémon.

Thank you Pokémon game for the workout.
Ana C.
Peachtree Cor, GA
What team did you chose to be part of?
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
Gamer Expert
What's the rarest Pokémon you have found in the wild so far?
José F.
How do you create or get an egg?
Ruth W.
Clinton, CT
What is the best Pokémon that you have hatched from an egg?
Ana S.
What level are you on? I'm at 20!