BY NIANTIC #49 in Apps

Venusaur, Charizard, Blastoise, Pikachu, and many other Pokémon have been discovered on planet Earth!
Now’s your chance to discover and capture the Pokémon all around you—so get your shoes on, step outside, and explore the world. You’ll join one of three teams and battle for the prestige and ownership of Gyms with your Pokémon at your side.

Pokémon are out there, and you need to find them. As you walk around a neighborhood, your smartphone will vibrate when there’s a Pokémon nearby. Take aim and throw a Poké Ball… You’ll have to stay alert, or it might get away!

Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.

Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.

Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.

It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!

• Are you still playing Pokemon go after the craze is gone?10 Answers
  • What's the rarest Pokémon you have found in the wild so far?28 Answers
  • Does anyone play Pokémon GO? What level are you and how m...3 Answers
Kellie H.
Thornton, CO
Gamer Expert Level 2
This is my most-used app on my phone. I am a PKGo addict and I didn't even play the original series growing up. I always find new, exciting events to join in on and have even met some pretty nice people while group raiding.
The catch system takes a little while to get used to but once you do, some standard Pokemon end up being no-brainer/effort catches. But it's exciting to find something tough to catch.
Tips for making the game more enjoyable - join your local Facebook or Discord Community so it's easier to be a part of community events like Community Day or Legendary Raids. Look up all of the Special Research tasks beforehand as there is a few that can be a lot harder if you don't know they're coming (like evolving a Magikarp). Take part in Community Day if you can because you will catch so many of a particular Pokemon and it gives you chances to get a shiny! Save up your Pokemon and do a mass-evolve using a Magic Egg for lots of XP! But mostly, play the game however casual or seriously you want to because it is just a game afterall!
Robin S.
Prince George, VA
This is one of my favorite games on my phone. I have played pokemon since i was 6 with my dad and now they have came out with this wonderful game that not only incorporates pokemon but getting exercise and using an AR function to make it seem like you’re catching them in real life. I have played this game on my phone since it came out, it has helped me not only become more active, i have also lost weight by walking around my city to “catch them all”. I have also met a bunch of new people at the pokemon raids at the gyms (to catch a high level pokemon and battle it). Deffinatly in my top 3 phone games.
Martha B.
Gamer Expert Level 2
I remember watching and playing Pokemon as a youngster so you can imagine my excitement when this game was released, definitely reliving my childhood. I love this game and I'm always on my phone trying to catch 'em all. I must admit that the game has gotten better as when it was released there wasn't much going on and I stopped playing for a while. After a few months a downloaded the app again and found they had the raids and field research which makes it much more entertaining and fun. Only thing I don't like is that the same Pokemon seem to appear all the time, then they change them to another batch that also appears for a while and so on. This makes it hard to finish some field research tasks as they ask for specific Pokemon to be caught or evolved but these don't appear as often when needed. Overall great game!
Tracy G.
Clearwater, FL
I am a certified Pokemon go addict. This is the reason I exercise lol. There is a park right next to my house and I go to the park every day because there is a gym there where I can sometimes join in raid battles and there are about 6 or 7 pokestops so I can get all the goods I need. I like to go out around the town because cities have more pokestops then rural areas. They also attract different Pokemon. Gotta catch them all!
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
I actually generally enjoy the game, but had to pull it off my phone because of the amount of space it takes up. When I did play, it sucked up resources because the phone had to be active (screen on/lit up) for the app the work; if it went dark, the game went to sleep and wouldn't inform me of nearby pokemon. It warms players to pay attention tot heir surroundings, then makes it difficult to do so by shutting down when the phone isn't being held correctly or the screen s dark. Then there's the money suck of having to pay for the poke balls and other items. In the end, yea, it was fun, but it was a suck on phone and financial resources, so removing it ended up being better for me. I use other apps when walking that don't require my attention and help me do good for others instead: ResQwalk and Charity Miles.
Tori R.
Clovis, CA
The concept of this game is amazing! It gets you moving and is a lot of fun! I like how their is a different variety of Pokémon that you can collect and the variety just continues to increase! The only reason I’m not rating 5 stars is because I do believe there are some areas that lack pokestops. It’s unfair to people who have to do even more extra to get to one.
Collin K.
Renton, WA
This is a perfect way to get people out and about. I love spending time walking. Around town playing the game I grew up on. I’ve met so many friendly people playing this game too. Perfect way to get your kids out of the house and not playing video games inside. Get out explore the world and catch all the Pokémon you love!
Jessica F.
Brooklyn, NY
I am extremely obsessed with this app.
@Pokémon GO has done a phenomenal job keeping their players active and intrigued. If you haven’t played I highly suggest you go check it out once in your life. This game brings back my childhood to reality.
Alissa R.
Dallas, TX
Gamer Expert Level 1
I won't lie, I LOVE Pokémon and I was a little too obsessed with the app when it first came out. It was really fun explore real life places with friends and find our favorite pokemon, but the excitement wore off the longer we waited and waited for any updates to be made. This game just isn't finished and Niantic waited too long. Every now and then I'll open it up to see if anything has been updated and fixed, but there are still just not enough features and too many bugs for me to get back into it.
Berlynn Y.
Denison, TX
I absolutely love that I played this as a kid and was still "hip" enough to download the app. It's super easy and user-friendly and I love that the Pokemon vary slightly by region. It's so cool that this little app connected so many people from all over.
Ana C.
Peachtree Cor, GA
What team did you chose to be part of?
David F.
Brooklyn, NY
Gamer Expert Level 5
What's the rarest Pokémon you have found in the wild so far?
José F.
How do you create or get an egg?
Ruth W.
Clinton, CT
What is the best Pokémon that you have hatched from an egg?
Ana S.
What level are you on? I'm at 20!