Pokemon Black and White Version 2 uploaded by Samantha S.Pokemon Black and White Version 2 uploaded by Meryn O.Pokemon Black and White Version 2 uploaded by Lorraine B.

BY POKÉMON

• If someone does not follow the Pokemon world, would this ...4 Answers
  • Is it worth buying version 2 if you just beat version 1? ...4 Answers
  • What is your favorite starter pokemon?17 Answers
Pokemon Black and White Version 2
  • "This game is very cool because it has pokemon from different regions, and the story line is very cool and extraordinary too." in 11 reviews
  • "I was worried because they marketed it as a 'sequel' rather than a reboot of the fifth generation, but it's really a great game!" in 6 reviews
  • "To add to that, the gym leaders were weak and by the time I beat them all, I was left with a low leveled team to go against the Elite Four." in 6 reviews
  • "It was pretty much the same as the first back and white, I bought it and was disappointed, I barely started the game and then just put it down, it's the exact same pokemon with the exact same starters. " in 5 reviews
  • "Pokemon is always a fun game, even though im a generation 1 girl its still nice to see all the new pokemon and trainers, has nice graphics also" in 5 reviews
Heather C.
Lake village , AR
I was a bit disappointed in this gen of the series. The original black/whitw games were fun and had brought a handful of new things that gave pokemon the much needed update at the time, but this wasnt much of an update on those games. Its set in the same region with relatively the same storyline.
Cristina G.
Gamer Expert Level 1
Get ready to scream at your phone when you read this: I was never on the Pokémon train. Then, what like that app came out a few years back & it blew up again. My nephew has this game. I play it with him and I have to say, I like it. It’s cute. I know it’s not the same as the first blah blah blah but for newbie like me, I like it.
Monica D.
Ozone Park, NY
I was really surprised when I heard of White2/Black2 since it felt like Black/White had just been released. But it's Pokemon, I got excited for it anyways and dropped my preorder in. On the day of release I picked up my copy and once again jumped into the world of Pokemon.

B2W2 is set two years after the events in Black and White. You can even "link" your prequel game to unlock extra character flashbacks/interactions where they'll mention your Black/White character. Kyurem has a new forme, as featured on the box covers, and it's up to you to stop team Plasma. It was really nice seeing old characters come back, and was great to see the map changed and new towns aded so you didn't feel like you were travelling the same Unova agin. And to top it all off,this time the Pokemon weren't 5th gen limited, as now you could find Pokemon from all generations in the wild. You even have a new "rival", although I wouldn't really call him a "rival" exactly. He's just looking for his dear sister's Purrloin. Poor kitty.

But here's the thing; the game was probably rushed way too fast and so that is pretty much where the good ends. Sure, you have Pokestar studios (fun but also annoying at times), and you have the world championship where you can battle every Gym leader ever, but the story is the main key to the game, and since it was "hyped" so much I felt like it was a letdown.

I recalled that the big deal of this game was that most of Unova is covered in ice. Ready for the spoiler? It's not. You don't get any ice until the last run with team Plasma, and that only lasts a short while anyways. And you can't even catch the mascot until AFTER you complete the main game (beat the Elite 4). I didn't even feel like I had a rival since Mr. Going-To-Unleash-My-Rage was too busy crying over a Purrloin.

So, if you love Pokemon no matter what, get this game. I still enjoyed it for the most part, just felt like it was lacking a lot in story. If it's your first time playing, then get Black/White and decide from there.
Dana C.
Kalispell, MT
I love the black and white series :) though, I am disappointed in the Pokemon. The creators have lost their creativity with the unique design of the Pokemon and Names as well. I appreciated Kanto, Johto and Sinnoh and most of Hoenn Pokemon, but in Unova, they've really lost their touch. I appreciate The starters, legendaries and a few others. But the Unova region Pokemon left me believing that Pokemon is coming to an end. There may be more games in the future, but I don't see any new Pokemon in the future, at least not any like the original.

Onto the positives. The story is awesome. I mean, I was a bit let down they didn't have three in a series, Like Black, White and Grey, but I do love the story.
The story honestly is nothing like I expected so far. I was confused on how they would be able to create a sequel, even though I did wonder about N when he disappeared.
There were many surprises and some familiar scenes. I was pretty surprised when I received a Story line Zorua <3

So, it is an awesome game, especially for a sequel to a game that seemed like creating a sequel was impossible.
I totally recommend :)
Nicholas T.
Brockton, MA
Upon learning Gamefreak's plans to make an actual sequel to one of their Pokemon games, I wasn't sure what to expect. Obviously this is their way of breaking into story-based RPG's, as their simplistic arcade style game just wasn't cutting it anymore.
What you can really expect is the same kind of story as always. You're a kid who inexplicably is chosen to get a Pokemon, then go get some badges, and then bad guys show up. Very simple, not really compelling.
These games aren't as linear as the last installments, which is nice. Hand-holding is never fun. Expanding on this idea, there are now difficulty settings! Yay! The harder setting makes opposing pokemon higher level, and AI tougher, which is nice for us meta-junkies.
Speaking of the meta-game, it is finally getting paid attention to, with easier ways to learn good movesets, attain EV boosting items and helpful battle hold items. This is great, because since the meta was truly pushed in the 3rd gen, it has always been a chore to get every pokemon on your team set up.
7.5/10, a nice, fresh update to a franchise that, by all rights, should be stale by now.
Steven T.
Waynesburg, PA
While this game may be the first 'true' sequel in the series, let's not forget about the groundwork laid in Red/Blue that followed through into Gold/Silver. This game feels like a more fleshed out version of that continuation of the story, which is defiantly not a bad thing! This game throws you right in the action, throwing pokeballs, running shoes, pokedex all at your character before you leave the first town, which also holds the first gym! So apart from some annoying back tracking at the beginning, as is usual with the Pokemon series, the game plays pretty smoothly and the new graphics look amazing. You can tell the developers are trying to bring Pokemon into the 3d graphics world slowly. The Pokestar studio minigames are pretty fun, and give you some decent rewards, and getting to play with some pokemon that have been neglected in the previous games is a nice change. Running into a Growlithe before the second gym was AWESOME, and that guy is still on my team. This game is defiantly a fun treat for long time fans!
Brandon D.
Pokemon on the DS was the BEST! Doesn't compare to PokemonGo.
Black and White versions were so dope! I've played every pokemon game there is out there. (except Pokemon Go)
Maria M.
Irving, TX
I love this game. They added SO much more things. You can still trade through infrared, but you can also pass an Easy Key or a Hard Key to unlock Easy/Hard mode, and you can also recruit people into your Join Avenue, which I'm totally addicted too! The gym leaders and some of the important characters are a whole lot more interactive with you. There are more triple battles and rotation battles from Trainers that you just happen to come across, instead of just going to the Battle House in Opelucid. And, there's the Pokemon World Torunament: a place where you can battle the old gym leaders and rivals from all the regions! Its totally cool! If you love Pokemon, this is a must have for your collection.
Courtney N.
Humble, TX
Unlike the GBA games and most of the other NDS games, Pokemon Black and White 2 (and the plain Pokemon Black and White), honestly, only took me half a day to beat. Most of that half was trying to beat the Elite Four.

Personally, I don't favor the Pokemon of the Unova region, so I didn't spend too much time on catching all of them as they came until the very end. To add to that, the gym leaders were weak and by the time I beat them all, I was left with a low leveled team to go against the Elite Four. Needless to say, I took a while beating 40-70 leveled Pokemon with my 30-40 leveled Pokemon. But I did it (thanks to Samurott).

All in all, the quality of the games are going down while the graphics are going up. Hopefully, they'll get the graphics of B&W (and now set up at the max of X&Y) AND the hardness of Fire Red and Leaf Green, which I admit, I had a hard time beating.
Ashley T.
Belleville, MI
I collect Pokemon games as a hobby, and so I anticipated the release of Black and White 2. Once I purchased the game, I wasn't very impressed. This game is meant to be a sequel to Pokemon Black and White, but it seemed like a completely separate game that left unanswered questions. While playing, the game dragged on, it was repetitive, and nothing very eventful happened besides what that took place towards the very end of the main story. I personally found this to be a very boring and game.
Alana B.
Is it worth upgrading from Pokemon Black?
Lisa E.
Rutherford, NJ
Which do you prefer to start with: Fire, Water, or Grass? I always start with Fire
Chelsea D.
WINCHENDON
What is your favorite starter pokemon?
Steven T.
Waynesburg, PA
Who's your favorite Pokemon available now?
Christina Y.
Jacksonville, FL
Is this your first time playing a Pokemon game?