BY PLENTY OF FISH

Plenty of Fish is one of the most popular, free dating websites that allows singles to connect for free. Features include instant messaging, smiling and compatibility tests. see more...

Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Techie Expert Level 1
Plenty of fish! My goodness! It’s been so long since I’ve seen this!!! I was on here for years.. met some real losers, met some good people and remained friends with them.. and met my current boyfriend of almost 6 years! It’s crazy! 😂 just when I gave up, he wrote me and look where we are now! These apps can be full of not so great people.. but don’t give up! You never know who you could meet on there!
Alison W.
Chesterton
It's ok for a free online dating app, but I feel like it has become the home of the less desirables! I get messages consistently from men that don't take the time to put together a full sentence or can't spell. I also don't like that I can't change where they search for the matches. I'm about 60 miles from a big city, but wouldn't date someone that lives there. It's too far with traffic and they live a different lifestyle.
Lorna R.
Techie Expert Level 4
It was great at first and you find some nice people. Then there is people that you don't know why they are writing you when you don't have anything in common.
People lie on the profile about themselves and they also put up really old photos or photos of things instead them. I have seen a lot of people put pictures up with their exes or kids.
When I am looking for someone I want to have things in common and no drama and don't need to see your kids I haven't even met you yet.
The site is free and you can chat trade info and get off the site and continue.
You get old fat men or drama queens or not as available as they claim.
Worst place to find a long term partner or marriage.
" Have you seen Catfish on MTV?" You need to see it before you start online dating. Google match the persons pictures. If it doesn't seem real it probably isn't.
Be careful!
Chelsea D.
Hudson, FL
POF was really fun when I first started going on there. Making your profile, meeting new people, learning about everything. But after awhile it just gets lame. Everyone in my city region was on there. People I went to high school with, i went to work with, saw at my favorite spots that were working. And nobody is looking to date someone on there. It is a lie. People abuse the site, just to hook up with people. That is not something I was looking for. There might be plenty of fish in the sea but it is not on this site, if your looking for more than a friend or a hook up buddy.
Shawnella S.
Trimble, OH
I'm sorry, but I felt obligated to post a review on this. Long before my fiancé & I had gotten together, he had a POF account... The sad part is that it's how he found out that his girlfriend [at the time] was cheating on him. He was even getting messages from her "side-dudes". My point is that this "site" is disgusting. It's the perfect place to sneak behind your spouse's back.
Christina R.
Blaine, MN
Like any dating site you're going to encounter some creeps and people who just want to sleep with you! That being said though it's not all bad, first off it's free...not just for a few matches or a certain amount of time but actually free, so that's a really nice bonus. I tried it for a year off and on and it was fun, I met some really nice people and went on a few fun dates. It's not for everyone, but for as busy as I am it was a nice way to connect to new people.
Lindsey Z.
For a free site its okay. There are a lot of creeps and married men looking to cheat as well as men looking to just meet someone to hook up with so you have to be very careful. It's unfortunate that 80% of the guys on there are not looking for something serious but there are a few guys that are though you just have to weed through them. Just be very cautious of who you trust and meet as it is the internet.
Amber B.
This site was much better when it was first coming out - now it's full of creepers and nobody is looking for anything of seriousness. Plus a lot of the features are turning to be available only to 'upgraded users'.. I'm not paying for a site just to chat with people.. I have met a few good people though so I will add that.
Nicole R.
San Leandro, CA
I get that they don't do much matching, but the men who contact me have nothing in common with me. I suppose it's based on looks in the MeetMe section of the site, but I have only wanted to contact one person on the site after reviewing their profile and reading their message. I think these fish have spoiled for me.
Christiana H.
Edmond, Oklahoma
If you enjoy getting messages that don't make sense or are down right perverted then maybe this is for you. most the people want a hookup or are just downright rude. make sure not to give too much personal information away. be ready to get some hilarious messages you can share with your friends
Ashley M.
PHOENIX, AZ
Did anyone else notice there is a HUGE number of creepers on here?
Megan H.
Vancouver, WA
Has anyone else had GOOD results on this site? I know it's few and far between but ya never know.
Karye M.
Anyone else meet a pathological liar with impulse control issues and a narcissistic personality??? Stay away from this app, stay away from meeting people all together. Scumbags on here, looking for younger girls than they should. Men lie about their age in order to attract younger females as well. Do yourself a favor and try to find a nice man in church or just wait for the Lord to bring them into your life, don't push it.