BY PLAYTEX #48 in Feminine Care

Play without Limits. Introducing NEW Playtex® Sport® Fresh Balance™ with Odor Shield™ technology. It’s designed to neutralize odors for ultimate freshness on and off the field. Combined with a 360o® design for Sport Level Protection®, you can go the distance. Play On®.

• Was anyone else nervous to use these because they were scented? 25 Answers
  • is this good to use?2 Answers
  • Any tips for beginners using Tampons using this product? 4 Answers
Playtex® Sport® Fresh Balance™
  • "They are very comfortable which isa great because I'm an active person, also its great to test them out because they are not that cheap" in 56 reviews
  • "I do not use tampons often, but I still tried these out and while they worked well with little leaking, I can't give them more than a D. I don't trust scented tampons and feel that they are not good for women and no one should really ever use these." in 42 reviews
  • "i received this product complimentary from influenster go voxbox it is perfect for active people that need the extra absorbency." in 33 reviews
  • "I don't use these but I let a friend have them, I think they would be a great product if they weren't slightly scented that's a No No especially for sensitive skin " in 18 reviews
  • "I'm really picky when it comes to trying new tampons but I like the fact that these have an odor shield and that you can't really feel it when you're doing anything." in 17 reviews
Collene M.
Lynnwood, WA
I leak with these fairly often, but they do insert easier than any other tampon. The applicator has a unique kind of bullet shape that helps. The scent is also very nice. I wouldn't buy them for myself because of the leakage but I do use them when they're all I have on hand.
Nicole A.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I was definitely interested in trying them because I walk/powerwalk as often as I can and I needed something that was a bit more comfortable than what I was using and was hoping these would be better.

They feature a FlexFit and Odor Shield. They do absorb well and I haven’t experienced any leaks. The do shield odor pretty well as well. The only thing I wasn’t sure if I was going to like about them is that they have a light scent. The scent does smell good and I was afraid it would be too much for me because I could smell them before I even opened the box. I was afraid that “light scent” was actually going to be too much. I usually try to avoid these types of products that have a scent to prevent irritation.

I went ahead and tried them (these came just in time too). I was very surprised that the scent didn’t irritate me. Didn’t bother me at all which is weird because scents usually do with these products. Anyway, the applicator was really easy to use and it was comfortable to use as well.

As I mentioned before, I like to walk and every once in a while power walk. I also run around with my kids outside and we play badminton or volleyball out in the backyard. They don’t slip or move making you feel uncomfortable. I never experienced any of that anyway. I have always used Playtex products and I think these are just as great. I can feel confident using them when it comes to protection and comfort.

Disclaimer: I was not compensated for this post. However, I received product mentioned in this post free from Influenster for testing and review purposes. I also wrote this review on my blog at dustinnikkimommyofthree.com
Jessica W.
Bessemer, AL
This product didn't quite give me the leakage protection that Playtex Pearl does. I would think that it would give more since it is for active women. The product is easy to use and quite affordable. I would recommend if they have a light flow. Not for those who have heavy days.
Aimee W.
These are the only tampons my daughter and I use for multiple reasons - mainly that they are the most comfortable and easiest to insert. They aren't the cheapest but periods are painful enough - I'm not adding an uncomfortable tampon to the mix just to save a few bucks
Anna H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
I received these complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes from the #UniVoxBox. These were different than what I usually buy which was welcomed. They were a regular absorbency but for me what was different was that they were lightly scented. I was worried at first but I used one and had no issues as in irritation or leaks! That was great so I put them to the test and used them for what they are also intended for Sports! I play tennis once a week with a friend and I used on of these for a two hour game. I had NO PROBLEMS! Leak free and everything was right where its supposed to be. My final test was during a Yoga class I teach and again no leaks just great protection! The worries I had about the scent in them were for nothing because it did not bother me a bit it actual made me feel really confident at the Yoga class so I give PLAYTEX SPORT FRESH BALANCE 5 $$$$$ ON THE FACT THAT THE TAMPONS DO THEIR JOB! IT GAVE ME PROTECTION WHILE JUST AT WORK AND WHILE PLAYING SPORTS. NO LEAKS AND NO ODOR! THEY ARE THE PERFECT ADDITION TO ANY WOMANS BEAUTY BAG/GYM BAG OR PURSE SO THAT WE CAN #PlayOn no matter what time of the month it is!
Kirsten H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
I really do love these tampons, but I only use them when I don't have others available! I prefer not to use scented tampons because the chemicals in them can be harmful to your body. That being said, these still work great to hold in the flow!
Molly P.
Thompson, ND
I don't use tampons anymore, but when I did I usually preferred the Sports ones by playtex as I am always on the move and I didn't want to spring a leak. Sometimes these would not "wear" properly so I would have to get another one out and waste a tampon.
Abigail J.
In my opinion these are the best tampons whether your an athlete or not. I get the unscented, 360 ones and they are so comfortable and soft and have a very easy to use applicator. I don't even feel them and they don't bleed as long as you change them for the recommended period of time. I even wear them when I sleep because they are THAT comfortable!
Sandra K.
Wheeling, IL
Wellness Guru Expert Level 1
I'm a very active person and have had my share of accidents with other brands. However, Playtex is probably the best. I love the compact plastic applicator, the absorbancy and effectiveness of these tampons.  I've never had an accident with this product and they're so easy and discreet for stashing in my purse.
Makenzie F.
Ogden, UT
I have used these and like them as much as you could. I feel no matter what I use I always have a thin pantie liner. I love the fresh balance I feel it just adds a little "something" I haven't really used anything else recently because I know how these work and times for the different parts of my period.
Anna H.
Wellness Guru Expert Level 5
Was anyone else nervous to use these because they were scented?
Rose M.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
Playtex or tampax? Which is the best?
Shakoya B.
Wanna try is it any good?
Astry V.
Hicksville , NY
Wellness Guru Expert Level 3
I personally don't use tampons but are these good ? I work out a lot and there's times that I thought tampons would be more comfortable to work out but I don't use tampons. Would you guys recommend this product?
Abi S.
Does anyone else use super normally? I got regular (I assume everyone else did too in the UniVoxBox) but I think maybe that's why I need a liner with wearing these.