Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System uploaded by marina R.Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System uploaded by Crissy L.

BY PLAYTEX

This Playtex baby product is BPA free. Helps keep your nursery odor free with Diaper Genie® Essential s patented AIR-TITE™ system. Uses the revolutionary AIR-TITE™ system, a seven-layer odor barrier film technology and the Push-N-Lock clamp, that seals odor away better than the competition. Has an incredibly easy-to-use, one-hand design system. Holds up to 30 diapers. Comes fully assembled and ready to use. 21.5"H x 10.5" D A superior diaper disposal system, the Playtex® Diaper Genie® s Advanced Disposal System is proven #1 in odor protection.  The revolutionary AIR-TITE™ system uses a sev. see more...

• Does these really block out unwanted smells of baby poop lol but ...7 Answers
  • I didn't have one of these for my first baby. If I have a second,...9 Answers
  • I'm having my second baby soon. My question is this; does this br...5 Answers
Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System
  • "I liked this diaper genie considering i wouldn't have to go out and throw diapers in the garbage outside, but I should've because it doesn't mask the smell of dirty diapers." in 16 reviews
  • "It was ok at first but I had got a lot of refill bags for baby shower gifts .....when I went to buy wad just to expensive and I ended up just putting a trash bag I mine" in 7 reviews
  • "The Diaper Genie is very easy to refill with new bags, or empty when it is full." in 6 reviews
  • "It doesn't block the smell 100% if you've got 2 weeks worth of poopy diapers in it (I have a 3.5 yr old so we don't fill it very fast anymore), but does a great job overall!" in 5 reviews
Natalie S.
Overland Park, KS
I've used this system since the day we brought my son home from the hospital. He's now turning 2 years old and we're still using it. When he was a newborn it was very helpful and you didn't have to change the bag very often. As he's gotten older we've had to change the bag much more often and in turn have to buy the refill liners more often.

It does definitely help cut down on odors which is most of its purpose. It did a great job on this when he was younger, but it seems to have retained smell over time and now when you open the lid to add a new diaper to it, a very unpleasant odor is released. We've tried washing and bleaching the trash can itself but I think the plastic has "absorbed" the odors over time and isn't something you can wash out. However, when it is shut it doesn't smell much at all.

Basically overall it is a good product that does what it is supposed to do. The downsides are the expensive of the refill liners and that it doesn't seem to be something you could use with multiple children. If we ever have a second child I would definitely buy a new one in order to start over with a completely fresh smelling item.
Jessica P.
Russellville, AR
I purchased one of these after not being able to decide if it was worth the extra money. They are pretty inexpensive now and the refills can be purchased on sale most of the time. I wouldn't recommend filling it completely up before changing the bag out. It can hold up to 250 small diapers, but the smell will run you out of the house before you even get close to that number. I found mine at target for $15, so it was the same price as purchasing a trash can with a lid. Probably could've lived without it though.
Sophie T.
I thought a diaper genie was one of those baby products you wouldn't really need but this is a life saver. Sometimes it can smell but can't me on diapers are going it what would you expect. But Playtex also makes Oder eliminator for this. A big plus is not only Playtex brand refill bags fit in this so you have a opportunity to save money by getting different brand bags. I recommend this to any new parent. Put this at the top of your list!
Nancy G.
I purchased my diaper genie almost 3 years ago. It has helped to keep the room smell free. I do like that the refills can be purchase in packs of three. But the only problem I had is that the refills do not last long. But still I continue purchasing the diaper genie refills and love that all the dirty diapers are kept away from everyone to see or smell and easy to throw away.
Kathy B.
Piqua, OH
Never thought I'd like a diaper genie but turns out I do. I never realized how much space the diapers were taking in the regular trash and also smelled. We received one as a gift or I never would have gotten one because I didn't see the need. The refill bags last a very long time. Only problem I've had is taking out the full diaper bag is I cut my finger on a sharp corner.
Jennifer M.
Tucker, GA
I have used this since my daughter was born and now she is two. It has heald up well. When we moved it did get a crack in the top, but that is it. I do think sometimes it retains the smell and you have to clean/ disinfect the inside. I really like the built in cutter so you don't have to go around looking for something to cut the plastic with.
Brooke K.
I love my diaper genie! We live in a 2 story and I don't like running up and down stairs to dispose of diapers. Plus, food mixed with baby poop in your kitchen, not a good mix.. I'm actually buying a second for our downstairs because we change him so often down there. The refills are a little expensive but we just buy the generic brand!
Krissy G.
Sumter, SC
We have one at my dads and we recently bought one for the house. For thr longest we would have to put diapers in an empty box or a plastic bag and thr smell of dirty diapers would not only reek thr whole house. But his room thr worst. Ive yet to stilk smell dirty diapers. My house smells fresh again.
Allie W.
It may be a little expensive to buy the brand name refills, but using this genie and the correct refills keeps the room fresh! I bought some knock off refills one time and they did not work AT ALL! The bag was thin and the smell was awful. Brand name may be an investment, but it's a good investment!
Cara B.
The holy grail of diaper pails! Never ever could you smell a order coming from this bad boy! It worked so good. I highly recommend it, I know the refills deter people from buying this because they can be more expensive from other brands but don't let that make the decision for you.
Marilyn M.
San Jose, CA
Does this product really block the smell? if so how?
Raven G.
Whats so gret about this product? Is it worh the $70.00 it retails for?
Maureen A.
I didn't have one of these for my first baby. If I have a second, is this really worth getting? Or is it kind of a luxury item?
Heidi W.
Summerside, PE
Does the system need a refill cartridge for odor?
Jere G.
Philadelphia, PA
Does these really block out unwanted smells of baby poop lol but seriously