New ParentDiaperingDiaper Rash TreatmentsPlaytex Baby
Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System

Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System

This Playtex baby product is BPA free. Helps keep your nursery odor free with Diaper Genie® Essential s patented AIR-TITE™ system. Uses the revolutionary AIR-TITE™ system, a seven-layer odor barrier film technology and the Push-N-Lock clamp, that seals odor away better than the competition. Has an incredibly easy-to-use, one-hand design system. Holds up to 30 diapers. Comes fully assembled and ready to use. 21.5"H x 10.5" D A superior diaper disposal system, the Playtex® Diaper Genie® s Advanced Disposal System is proven #1 in odor protection.  The revolutionary AIR-TITE™ system uses a sev.

How well dose this keep the bad smell away? You have to change the bags every day?
Does anyone use a diaper genie? I would like to know if they make the room smelly??
How do you feel about the Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System? Does it really conceal the smell of poopie diapers? Is it worth the effort and extra expense? I’ve heard mixed reviews. I didn’t have one with my first child and I don’t really think it’s necessary. I’m pregnant with my second child and someone is sending us a diaper genie because they love it. I don’t actually want one and I’m not excited about receiving it. It sounds disgusting & ridiculous to have a separate trash can specifically for diapers. Please let me know what you think!
Start your review of Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System!
Product Highlights
...garbage outside, but I should've because it doesn't mask the smell of dirty diapers.in reviews
It was ok at first but I had got a lot of refill bags for baby shower gifts .....when I went to buy wad just to expensive and I ended up just putting a trash bag I minein reviews
The Diaper Genie is very easy to refill with new bags, or empty when it is full.in reviews
...(I have a 3.5 yr old so we don't fill it very fast anymore), but does a great job overall!in reviews
Mallory H.
Eagle
This keeps the smell contained, thank heavens. It holds plenty of diapers and the refill bags are sturdy. The whole system is simple and easy to learn and use. The only time I smell stinky diapers is when I take the whole bag out and tie it up to throw it away. :)
keely R.
Port Angeles, WA
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System uploaded by keely R.
Purchased at: Walmart
The diaper genie essential diaper trash can is alright in my opinion but isn't as nice as i thought it would be
Lindsey S.
Westerville, OH
Not for me. too much of a hassle after baby is out of small diapers. changing the refills weren't too bad but the cost did add up.
Tina N.
Harvey, LA
Mega Parent Expert Level 11
I wouldn’t classify this product as an essential baby item. I’m confident that most parents can do without and save their money for something else. My siblings all have these for their children and they’re all collecting dust after a trial 1-2 week use.
Lexie H.
West Allis, WI
Diaper Genie is great for easy diaper disposal. The only complaint that I have is that it doesn't hold very many diapers and needs to be changed frequently. I suppose they do this intentionally to keep the smell limited. Either way, it is definitely worth using.
cammra N.
Traverse City, MI
I'm quite indifferent about this product. With my first child I had it and it works but the only thing that I didn't like about it is that the bags were so expensive. It was my second child I ended up getting one for both of my kids. I ended up going through bags like crazy. With having a newborn and a two year old. I was going to 6 bags and a month and I was not going to pay for that. so I ended up taking a shell of the bags the plastic piece and shoving the top of a garbage bag inside of it and using a garbage bag as one of one of the bags and in the long run it's a lot cheaper. I love the product itself because it keeps stink out of my child's room. I ended up using a trash can at one point for my two-year-old and it smells so bad in his room and as soon as we got this project I couldn't even smell the poop in his room and he slept great. so I would have to say this product if you can afford it to get it because it is a good product
Siham D.
Olmsted Falls, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 4
It's not so great. If almost half way full, you can smell the diapers all around the room! What's the point in investing in the bags when u go through it faster than trash bags!
Akilah M.
Jamaica, NY
Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System uploaded by Akilah M.
Let me just start by saying I love my genie, it’s a total life saver. However over the few months I’ve had it (my son is 9 months) I’ve noticed a decline in how well it traps the scent of diapers. I’m not sure if it’s something I’ve done but it used to be nearly smell less. Now I’ve added a glade freshener to the bottom which works wonders. My only other complaint is that you have to lift and snap the cover yourself which is a pain if you’re holding a poopy diaper. Wish there was a button or a pedal.
kelsey O.
Fresno, CA
Mega Parent Expert Level 7
Purchased at: buybuy BABY
I think the only thing I would improve on is making it just a little bigger. I would much rather take out diapers once a week and this I have to take them out 2x a week. It prevents smells and is super easy to use and to collect diapers once it’s time to throw them out.
Shelby J.
Proctorville, OH
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
Purchased at: Walmart
We really got a lot of use of one of these ! It as a gift at our baby shower and we use it for months until it broke (our fault ) it keeps on odor and is a Perfect storage for dirty diapers . Easy to use and cheap
Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Merle W.
Tahlequah, OK
il y a 9 mois
Quionna H. il y a 8 mois
Congrats on your bundle of joy!! My husband hated the diaper genie and sadly so did I. As my son got older it smelled horrible. We tried putting baking soda in the bottom and that helped for a while but the odor always came back. I’ve seen other people mention other deodorizers that maybe more helpful.
kulsoom A.
Denton, TX
Shenade C.
il y a un an
Playtex Diaper Genie Essentials Diaper Disposal System Is this product actually worth investing in? I didn't have one for my first child but I am considering getting one as I now.
Autumn G. il y a un an
I personally think it’s worth it. The bags last so long and it helps mask the smell of stinky diapers way better than a trash can. Keeping it by the changing area is super handy too. Just step on the pedal and the lid opens for you, all you do is drop it in! Super easy! Emptying is also super easy! I will use this with every baby!