BY PLAYTEX

Antimicrobial. Odor-inhibiting. Hands-free. Words only a mother could love. Proven #1 in odor control - Nothing tops our new Diaper Genie Elite™ Advanced Disposal System. The unique AIR-TITE™ system has a seven-layer barrier film that has been proven best in odor control. Parents and babies alike can enjoy the fresh smell of their nurseries with the Diaper Genie Elite™ Advanced Disposal System.  This next generation Diaper Genie is #1 in odor control and includes other new features to make diaper changing more hygienic and easier than ever. The Double-Lock design and multi-layer film seals odor into the pail and out of your nursery unlike an ordinary pail and plastic bag. Diaper Genie Elite™ System is the only pail with Ultra-Fresh* Antimicrobial Protection built into the plastic to inhi. see more...

• Is it worth registering for this? Is there another brand that any...3 Answers
  • Has anyone used the Diaper Genie and the Arm & Hammer Munchki...1 Answers
  • Which is better the diaper genie or the arm & hammer diaper pail?1 Answers
Ashley C.
Good product. The smell does not linger around in the room which is always great. Only thing is that the older the babies get the less diapers can fit in there. So expect to be buying lots of refill bags.
Angelica G.
East Weymouth, MA
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Many people feel that diaper genies are unnecessary, I would disagree. It's easy to operate and so far I have had no issues whatsoever. The refills are easy to install and use, and they do their job at trapping the smell so I don't have to go out to the trash every day. They hold a lot of diapers and are worth the cost. Plus it's compact enough to fit in the corner.
Chrisha B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
The diaper genie is a must have when you have a baby. It keeps my house from smelling like diapers. it is very inexpensive to purchase and the refills aren't too much to purchase and they last a while. I would recommend the diaper genie to any new mom.
Lisa S.
Wayne
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
I love it my husband wanted to get it I was against it at first but it was worth it you can use universal bags. Easy to empty when it gets full don’t have to bend Down to put in the diaper it’s worth the money I highly recommend it
Samantha B.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Diaper Genie’s are a LIFE SAVER!! I could never imagine a life without one and I make sure to always get one as a baby shower gift. Our home smells fresh and never like baby poop/pee.
Katie S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
Love!!! I love the fact it has the foot pedal to open it! Helps so much when you are trying to get stinky diapers put away quickly! I was given one and I am sooo happy with it!
Catherine R.
Mega Parent Expert Level 3
I absolutely love my Diaper Genie Elite.  I have had this and the original Diaper Genie and I much prefer this.  I love that it has a carbon filter.  These things really help as long as you replace them every 3 months like the company recommends.  I bought mine on Amazon with free Prime shipping and it was cheaper than the one at Target.  It does a very good job of keeping all of the dirty diapers in one place and also keeping the smell under control.

Here is the deal with diaper genies and really any diaper pail though.  It if is made of plastic is needs to be thrown away after a year and a new one needs to be purchased.  Plastic holds onto smells and there is no pail liner on the planet that can keep poopy diaper smell from permeating the plastic.  Does it stink that you need to buy a new one every year?  A little bit, yeah.  That said, I will gladly do it for the benefit I get throughout the year.
Erica S.
Mega Parent Expert Level 5
Very gimmicky but does come in handy, especially if you have the baby sleeping in your room with or without a changing table. It really does mask the odor than traditional trash cans and bags. It is expensive definitely, starting price is $49.99 and i have seen them up to $69.99 but they come in white or grey and its completely hands free. Also the refill bags are anti-bacterial & odor free. Plus they last so long because they hold between 80-260 diapers. I never get close to 200 but i do get probably 80 -100 each bag.
Jessica C.
Queenstown, MD
Ok if changed every other day. Otherwise the smell escapes and us unbearable. No matter what the smell will almost knock you out when you go to throw away a new one and especially when you go to change it. I do not recommend leaving it in the babies room or anywhere you sit regularly. We had ours next to the changing table as a convenience but moved into the bathroom due to the escaping shark smell. I would not buy this again would rather use individual bags and take out the trash on a regular basis.
Katie W.
Nashville, TN
It's a diaper trash can! I like the convenience of the step-to-open and the fact that it "locks in" the scent. We have a newborn so we go through a lot of diapers right now and it does seem like the refills will get expensive. BUT, it's better than having a trash can full of stinky diapers in the house. We have a two-story home and change half our baby's diapers upstairs and half downstairs, so we are considering purchasing another one out of convenience.
Amanda C.
Macomb, MI
Is it worth registering for this? Is there another brand that anyone would recommend?
Esther B.
Can someone explain to me how the disposable thing that comes with it works?
Alyssa F.
Has anyone used the Diaper Genie and the Arm & Hammer Munchkin pail? Has there been found to be a difference between the two?
Noelle M.
Wesley Chapel, FL
Which is better the diaper genie or the arm & hammer diaper pail?