BY PLAYTEX

• Has anyone used these bottles for breastfed babies? And how do th...3 Answers
  • First time mom to be here! What are you favorite products that ma...3 Answers
  • Did anyone else have problems with the bottle leaking?22 Answers
Playtex BPA Free Ventaire Advanced Wide Nursers
  • "Also, maybe I did something wrong, but they would leak from the bottom, and the bottom plugs grew mold very very quickly. " in 5 reviews
  • "They come apart easy for cleaning, and I loved when my son grew I just bought a new nipple." in 5 reviews
Octavia M.
York
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
After my son went through having stomach sensitivities and sucking in so much air during feedings, my mom actually pick these up from the store for us to try. This is now the only bottles that he can have they work so well at preventing him from sucking into my chair during his feeding. The bottles are easy and they come apart completely to clean well!
Kayla W.
Madison
Mega Parent Expert Level 1
This is the best bottle I have used. The way it is vented makes it both easy for baby to drink through and they didn't swallow a bunch of air. The only thing I didn't like was that I received a three pack of bottles, but I couldn't use them till she was 6 months. I couldn't use them till then because the nipples that come with them were medium flow. I was breastfeeding and couldn't find slow flow replacement nipples. Medium would choke her up because it was too fast and she was used to the breast. I ended up using a tom tippee bottle until 6 months when I stopped breastfeeding.
Rachel O.
Both my kids had acid reflux as babies and these were the only bottles that helped them out. I absolutely love these bottles, they were a life saver. I had tried every other bottle out there including the Dr. Brown, but these helped my kiddos the best. I definitely recommend parents to give it a try if you have a fussy/ spit up baby.
Maegan P.
Leeds, AL
This bottle saved my life! When my little girl was a few months, she became very colicky and this bottle was the last bottle on the Wal-Mart shelf I hadn't tried. I instant'y saw a difference in my baby, these bottles keep the air out without having ten different pieces to wash. LOVE LOVE LOVE!
Jennifer G.
I loved these bottle when my daughter was first born, however, after using them for about 8 weeks, I ended up hating them. These leak. I know I've seen the same comment in other reviews but seriously, it's a huge problem. A bottle leaking out of the bottom is not okay when you are trying to feed your baby. You can't set the bottle down at all after you've made the milk (we formula fed) and we had to keep a finger on the nipple to prevent it from leaking out that side when we were walking from the kitchen to whereever we fed her. And really the nipple leaking was a lot less than the bottom. I also don't know that the venting was all that better than some of the other bottles out there. There are a lot of parts to clean, but that really didn't bother me too much, as long as they worked. Also, the wide nipple was okay to begin with, but my daughter had a hard time latching once she got a little bigger which meant a lot of clothing changes after she ate so she wouldn't have to be in a wet onsie. I think the concept of these are great, but it really needs some improvement if it wants to become a "goto" mommy product.
Tamara W.
Cincinnati, OH
Playtex is a really good brand. These bottles are of great quality. I am not, however, a fan of the wide mouth bottle. They did away with the original bottle and my baby had a hard time adjusting to the different nipple size because she wasn't transitioning from breastfeeding. I also do not like that I can't find replacement nipples anywhere. I wanted to replace slow flow when she was still you but could not find them. All I ever see in the store is the fast flow and going from old slow flow to fast flow was not an easy transition either. Even though it was my original choice, I ended up switching brands.
Sara H.
Science Hill, KY
I used these bottles with my now 2 year old daughter and LOVED them. She was born a couple weeks early and had problems sucking and breathing at the same time and got choked easily on the standard bottles/nipples. She loved the wide mouthed ones and we never had any troubles out of them. She hardly ever spit up, never had colic and didn't have gas/tummy troubles but a couple of times. If I ever have another child, I will be purchasing these bottles again and I recommend them to every new mother I come across. They were easy to clean and I never had any problems with leaking if put together properly.
Kayla H.
My son disliked the nipple that came with this. I can try a different nipple to see if he likes it better, but the anti-colic is probably what I should pay the most attention to in this review. It does help him not get so gassy after eating, but only to a point. We've tried four brands of bottles and this one seems to be in the middle ground for eliminating colicy gas. Two of the other brands seem to do it better, but one does it much worse. I'm not sure if changing the nipple will have any impact of how much gas this reduces, but as it comes this is where it stands.
Heather T.
West Covina, CA
I love playtex vent air bottles! Furthermore, my daughter absolutely loves them. I solely breast fed for the first 3 months of her life, and after going through more than a ton of really expensive bottles, because of latching, leaking, and gas issues; we finally came across this one. Our little one took to it right away, it has a leak guard, so NO spills, she has still yet to have gas problems while taking this bottle, and the shape makes it very easy to maneuver for the baby and it is easiest for her to use while in her car seat!
Gladys A.
I bought a couple of several types of bottles to try out with my newborn, these Dr Browns std, Avent and Born Free and honestly they have all worked pretty well and each has its pros and minor cons. For reducing air the VentAire and Dr Brown's seem to be best butthey both have lots of little parts to wash which is a bit of nuisance. I recommend the Crystal Clear over the std Ventaire bec I had heard the measurement numbers came off the std version easily when cleaned- the Crystal clears do not have this issue but are hard to find in
Holly D.
, AZ
Did anyone else have problems with the bottle leaking?
Olivia P.
Holton, MI
Has anyone used these bottles for breastfed babies? And how do they work?
Felicia S.
Warner Robins, GA
First time mom to be here! What are you favorite products that made your life easier and things you found you never used?