PlayStation Vita uploaded by Channon M.PlayStation Vita uploaded by Rachel M.PlayStation Vita uploaded by Justine K.

BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #12 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

Non-stop challenges Stay connected with your friends latest scores to make sure you re still top of the leaderboard. Innovative Touch Panel Controls Access all the info you need to make your shot with completely new touch sensitive interface. Refreshed high-resolution graphics New graphics engine delivers high-fidelity visuals from the tee to green. New Shot System Evolved swing mechanic ensures accuracy and realistic results of every hit, slice or duff. Explore with Six-axis Take a walk on the course and discover new areas and obstacles with full Six-axis movement. Downloadable expansion Access new courses to play, characters to control and costumes to customize. Up to 30 players on one hole Join and interact with over 30 players and jump on the course together for a fun-filled round of golf. Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational will offer a wide variety of competitive action online addressing various (real-time, asynchronous etc) playing styles via WiFi and 3G. ESRB Rating: EVERYONE with Mild Suggestive Themes see more...

• I’m trying to find out if I should get this produ... Be the first to answer!
  • Is there a brand or type of screen protector for the Vita that yo...1 Answers
  • Is this a fun gaming system? Does it work well and are there fun ...13 Answers
PlayStation Vita
  • "not gonna lie, the controls on this game console confused me at first but when i played around with it i grew to love its touch screen features. " in 21 reviews
  • "There are so many games to choose from when you go into the sony store, I just had to download all the Final Fantasy's that were available." in 8 reviews
  • "Just purchased this for my boyfriend and it has some really great graphics for being a handheld gaming system." in 7 reviews
  • "The original screen has fantastic colors and nice, deep blacks, while the newer slim vita has a slightly worse display, but with a standard charging cable rather than the proprietary one, a smaller, lighter form factor, and better battery life to compensate." in 6 reviews
  • "We bought a Vita and are blown away with the high quality of graphics and technology the system itself has." in 5 reviews
Keri M.
East Orange, NJ
Gamer Expert Level 2
I love my PlayStation Vita and I love the remote play feature I just wish Sony supported it more I'm not a big fan of Japanese games ( which seems to be mostly the games it has now since it's doing well only in Japan ) but it had the strongest lineup of any handheld. The games that you must own are Uncharted, Minecraft, Call of Duty, Killzone, Terraria, and much more.
Kassi S.
Marianna, FL
The price just dropped from $300 to $200 at GameStop, on all Vita bundles. I highly recommend this handheld for adults and older or mature children. The front screen is a touch screen and there is a touch pad on the back as well. I usually describe the Vita as having characteristics of a tablet. There is a 3G bundle that comes with a 4GB memory card, and a year of PlayStation Plus, which allows you to download free games and it discounts other games on the PlayStation Network, that I highly recommend. You can also synch your Vita with your PS3 through your PlayStation account. Therefore, any games you downloaded on your PS3 or that are cross-compatible on your Vita, will be playable on your Vita as well. There are still only a handful of physical games out, but with the PS4 releasing 11/15/13 , there will be a lot more coming out due to the connectivity between the two systems. Again, this is not a system for young children! I find myself explaining to customers that there is not a Super Mario or Pokémon game on the Vita. However, there are still a few kid friendly games and apps, such as the Lego games, Jak and Dexter, Rayman Origins, and Little Big Planet.

Overall, the Vita is at a great price of only $200 and there are a few bundles to choose from (The Walking Dead bundle released recently). It has beautiful graphics and unique controls. If you find yourself uninterested in the physical games that are out for the Vita, check the PlayStation Store. Sony will be sure to have something that meets your expectations.
Channon M.
West Monroe, NY
The PlayStation #Vita for me is honestly nothing but a letdown. I've owned every #sony gaming console to date, including all Playstations as well as the first iteration of the PlayStation Portable. The system itself is honestly beautiful, and the graphics are honestly mind blowing for a handheld console. There are some pretty cool features including remote play, where you are able to play your PS4 games on the vita itself as long as you are connected to wifi and your PlayStation is in rest mode, meaning you can play some grand theft auto from the waiting room of your dentist (providing you have access to wifi).

What loses me with the vita is the severe lack of game options, especially as of late. They basically have announced that they will no longer be manufacturing Vita games at all, and it is basically being rebranded as companion device to the PS4. When I purchased my Vita, it was with the intention of having a mobile gaming device, not a glorified $200 controller.
Ashish S.
So to start off i bought the PS Vita around release and it seemed very promising especially with the Amazing Graphics and the systems touch capabilities. I own Marvel Vs, Capcom Call Of Duty, Need For Speed and some free games. The graphics are awesome as good as a Xbox 360 or Ps3 so that's really good. The system hasn't lagged nor froze on me ever, it is tidy and very good and the build of the system is very good also. The cons which could be better us the UI (User Interface) the UI is just weird and wii like. the graphics for the main dashboard are ridiculously childish bubbles. The psp has a beautiful UI like PlayStation console and they shouldn't of changed it. another is the Game line up for the system. PlayStation has not brought out no amazing or awesome must have games for the PS Vita and currently just promoting it as a side attachment to the PS4. No Special or boosted die for game has come out for PS Vita so in that sense it is a FAIL but that's the games other than that the system is good and the capabilities of the system are great. You can do most of the things u can do on a TABLET. YouTube, Web browse, Skype, Netflix ETC. But i believe Sony has really neglected the PS Vita completely. like 3 months after the release the buzz of PS Vita was dead and the game lists were nothing special you cant have on a smart phone aside from graphics.
Kacy S.
Floyds Knobs, IN
I am addicted to this hand held console! Its graphics are amazing and it has some awesome games. The battery charge last me at least a day if not more depending on how much time I have to play. I love that I can just slide this in my purse an have it with me whenever I want to play.
Ana C.
My boyfriends vita is addicting!! It has awesome graphics and I love Netflix on it it's so clear!! I love gaming on it also
olivia v.
Worth every penny! I own both the original fat vita and now the slim. Original seems more sturdy, brighter and battery gets about 3 hrs and not comfy.

Slim is very light weight, not as bright, gets about 5hrs battery life, VERy comfy to play, way easier to play video games. I recommend buying those hardshell case. Feel like it can bend in your pocket like an iphone6. Looks VERY sleek matte black. Got it for $159.99 amazon.

All in all I say buy it!

I do notice the wifi on the slim is WEAKER. I have 2 wifi routers at my home and when I compare the 2. The slim is 10%-15% weaker in wifi compared to the Fat vita. I can be right next to the router and the slim reads 85% and the fat reads 95%-100%. I have yet to see it at 100%? I don't know if thats even possible? I have no idea why it does that but I tested them on both of my routers. And yes of course one vita was off and no other devices were on wifi at the time. Does it effect game play and streaming? Not really because I get good gameplay and streaming at 50%

ALSO I WOULD GET A MEMORY CARD WITH ATLEAST 16GB so you don't have to delete and re download. Got a 16GB card for $20 bucks on a bidding site!
Michelle H.
Westampton, NJ
Gamer Expert Level 3
I'm not going to lie, this is one of my favorite handheld consoles. It was really overshadowed by the 3DS and it never recovered. There aren't a huge amount of titles for this, but it's a gorgeous little system with a boatload of charm.
Ashley S.
Henderson, NV
I have owned MANY gaming systems.
SNES, N64, Playstation, PS2, Wii, DS, Gameboy Advance, etc, and I have to say..I love my Vita. I really couldn't be more happy with it. It is definitely one of my all time favorite gaming systems.
I got this as the Call of Duty: Black OPS: Declassified Wifi Bundle. The same day I got it, I went and got Uncharted: Golden Abyss(kick a** game).
There are a few cons to it, but it doesn't affect how much I love it.
The graphics are great, the controls are great, I love the feel of it, it isn't too big, and it isn't too small. The cameras are actually decent quality. The touch keyboard can be a little bit tricky as I find that the screen is not as sensitive as I am used to(touch screen phone).
It didn't take me long to get used to it at all. There are a ton of features to play and toy around with, and plenty to customize.
It's a great gaming system and I really recommend this.
Also looking forward to the release of Killzone for the Vita in August.
Silvia V.
South Gate, CA
The good: The PlayStation Vita delivers amazing visuals on its 5-inch OLED touch screen that look almost as good as PS3 graphics. The system's launch lineup is very impressive and allows for downloading of some games (including all first-party titles) over the PlayStation Network. The Vita's operating system is smartly designed, easy to use, and ultraresponsive. The unit feels great to hold and has excellent standby battery life.
The bad: The Vita uses proprietary media and connections across the board, and even requires the purchase of a separate memory card to play most games and use most apps, which results in a hidden cost. Battery life could be better, and there's no way it can be replaced by the user. There's also no video out. Also, some antipiracy implementations are a bit cumbersome to deal with (for example, mounting the Vita to a PC/Mac for file transfer). It's also unclear how much storage the Vita has onboard, and it'll cost you more money for larger Vita Memory Cards.
Cynthia C.
Manteca, CA
How is this better than the PSP Playstation Portable? I still prefer the PSP since it seems less complicated with less uploading and downloading. So can someone tell me the pros and Versus from this to a PSP?
Aloe V.
Lakeville, MN
Is this a fun gaming system? Does it work well and are there fun games???
Melissa P.
Amherst, NS
Not sure what to buy for an 8 year old this or the nintendo 3ds
Melissa D.
Gamer Expert Level 3
How is the battery life on this
Juan S.
Burbank, IL
Have a playstation vita,any good suggestions on which game to buy?