Top Questions See all 117 Q&A
- "not gonna lie, the controls on this game console confused me at first but when i played around with it i grew to love its touch screen features. " in 21 reviews
- "There are so many games to choose from when you go into the sony store, I just had to download all the Final Fantasy's that were available." in 8 reviews
- "Just purchased this for my boyfriend and it has some really great graphics for being a handheld gaming system." in 7 reviews
- "The original screen has fantastic colors and nice, deep blacks, while the newer slim vita has a slightly worse display, but with a standard charging cable rather than the proprietary one, a smaller, lighter form factor, and better battery life to compensate." in 6 reviews
- "We bought a Vita and are blown away with the high quality of graphics and technology the system itself has." in 5 reviews
Overall, the Vita is at a great price of only $200 and there are a few bundles to choose from (The Walking Dead bundle released recently). It has beautiful graphics and unique controls. If you find yourself uninterested in the physical games that are out for the Vita, check the PlayStation Store. Sony will be sure to have something that meets your expectations.
What loses me with the vita is the severe lack of game options, especially as of late. They basically have announced that they will no longer be manufacturing Vita games at all, and it is basically being rebranded as companion device to the PS4. When I purchased my Vita, it was with the intention of having a mobile gaming device, not a glorified $200 controller.
Slim is very light weight, not as bright, gets about 5hrs battery life, VERy comfy to play, way easier to play video games. I recommend buying those hardshell case. Feel like it can bend in your pocket like an iphone6. Looks VERY sleek matte black. Got it for $159.99 amazon.
All in all I say buy it!
I do notice the wifi on the slim is WEAKER. I have 2 wifi routers at my home and when I compare the 2. The slim is 10%-15% weaker in wifi compared to the Fat vita. I can be right next to the router and the slim reads 85% and the fat reads 95%-100%. I have yet to see it at 100%? I don't know if thats even possible? I have no idea why it does that but I tested them on both of my routers. And yes of course one vita was off and no other devices were on wifi at the time. Does it effect game play and streaming? Not really because I get good gameplay and streaming at 50%
ALSO I WOULD GET A MEMORY CARD WITH ATLEAST 16GB so you don't have to delete and re download. Got a 16GB card for $20 bucks on a bidding site!
SNES, N64, Playstation, PS2, Wii, DS, Gameboy Advance, etc, and I have to say..I love my Vita. I really couldn't be more happy with it. It is definitely one of my all time favorite gaming systems.
I got this as the Call of Duty: Black OPS: Declassified Wifi Bundle. The same day I got it, I went and got Uncharted: Golden Abyss(kick a** game).
There are a few cons to it, but it doesn't affect how much I love it.
The graphics are great, the controls are great, I love the feel of it, it isn't too big, and it isn't too small. The cameras are actually decent quality. The touch keyboard can be a little bit tricky as I find that the screen is not as sensitive as I am used to(touch screen phone).
It didn't take me long to get used to it at all. There are a ton of features to play and toy around with, and plenty to customize.
It's a great gaming system and I really recommend this.
Also looking forward to the release of Killzone for the Vita in August.
The bad: The Vita uses proprietary media and connections across the board, and even requires the purchase of a separate memory card to play most games and use most apps, which results in a hidden cost. Battery life could be better, and there's no way it can be replaced by the user. There's also no video out. Also, some antipiracy implementations are a bit cumbersome to deal with (for example, mounting the Vita to a PC/Mac for file transfer). It's also unclear how much storage the Vita has onboard, and it'll cost you more money for larger Vita Memory Cards.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos