BY SONY INTERACTIVE ENTERTAINMENT #3 in Consoles & Gaming Accessories

• If you want an awesome console with tons of different features to...20 Answers
  • What's your favorite game to play on PS3?82 Answers
  • Is it free or have to pay ps3? I just curious2 Answers
Reviews (2001)
  • "Still to this day i own my ps3, have had several good gaming system, reliable and lasted for years before having to replace it moved on to nextgen" in 56 reviews
  • "I love this system it's great love it has a blu Ray player also and I used my target cart wheel and got it for under 200" in 52 reviews
  • "My children may think that it was a family buy but if they realized that my video game library is larger then the games they are allowed to play they'd realize mom is the biggest gamer in the house!" in 44 reviews
  • "Absolutely love my PlayStation three I don't think I would be able to live without it I play games I watch movies on Netflix I go on the play store it's amazing you should get one" in 41 reviews
  • "The majority of the time this baby was used was for playing games, but every once in a while we would watch a Blue Ray movie or hook it up to the TV and watch movies using one of the multiple apps available for download." in 39 reviews
olivia v.
olivia v.
I like the PS3, it's graphics, how it works, and the available games (namely GT6). BUT, I have recently had so many problems with this awful console that I am seriously considering abandoning Sony consoles after being a die-hard fan for many, MANY years!

This is because I recently had the PS3 freeze up, and had to turn it off manually. This corrupted the data, and the only way to fix it involved me losing EVERYTHING. So, okay, fine. At least I had gotten back up and running again. I had made it about to the point in the game where I was before, and then a new System Update came out. I tried to update, and -- GUESS WHAT? -- the data is corrupted again! There is no reason that the console should be having problems like this. My PS2 never did this. So am I going to just lose everything again? I'm attempting a useless system restore right now, but if I can't fix it without losing everything then I might just go to Xbox, which means a lot considering that I'm a Gran Turismo fan.

Sony made these consoles poorly. No hate on the company that sold me the console. Make your own decision about whether or not you want this -- just keep in mind it is not reliable! I have the Super Slim, and in my experience the Fat consoles tend to be better. Still, I don't think that is currently my problem. Regardless, the system is still restoring after more than 24 hours, so I don't have much hope.

I still love Playstation, so maybe I won't give up. I don't know. Just letting all of you know about my experience so you can make a decision!
Natasha M.
Natasha M.
The PlayStation 3, part of the seventh generation of consoles is a product from Sony Computer Entertainment.
It´s the third iteration of the company and the first one to make use of an High Definition capacity, enhancing visuals
and performance of modern day gaming experience. It features a high capacity hard drive, from 40 Gigabytes of capacity
to 500 Gigabytes in recent models, giving the console the capacity of storing digital games without the need of a CD, being the
latter a Blu-Ray Disc that can store up to 50 GB of data for games with much details and content.

It can be connected to a classic TV through a RCA cable, thus lowering the visual performance for the gaming experience
so a HDMI compatible TV is the best option. A new feature for the console is the wireless conroller, charged via USB cable
and conected via Bluetooth system.

It runs video applications like Youtube, Netflix for example and has a photo, music and video applications for all the content
you add with your Pen Drive and even store that content for a confortable management.

All this innovations make the PlayStation 3 a strong contender to the other companies consoles, having the best quality performance,
biggest capacity disk and durability.

The only drawback of this system is the high cost of the system and accesories which make a huge investment for games
exclusive to these accesories that aren´t that acclaimed or famous to the gaming public.
Beth D.
Beth D.
Florence, KY
This is just a great console, overall. We have this, a PS4 and a Xbox One, and I have to say I do love the PS3. It never has any of the hardware issues that we experience with our Xbox One (disc loader issues), and it's easy to find extra long charging cords for when you let your battery die. We used this for Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime.. you name it; I think we even had Crunchyroll on it, but that may actually be through the smart tv. I would have to say my only complaint with the console was that it was just awful to play FFXIV on.. I haven't even tried it yet on our PS4 because dealing with it on PS3 kind of killed it for me. Also, update times and digital game installs sometimes too so long I wanted to scream. I have good, high speed internet, so it was a little depressing to deal with.
Kay M.
Kay M.
Honolulu, HI
Bought the PS3 Slim when it firm came out, brand new in the stores. Ive seen some bad reviews, I'm not sure if its from how they use their console or where they bought it from whether it was used or not. I recommend this to others.
Very slim and not so heavy as the PS3 that came right before this one, this one however doesn't hold as much space as the one before but the graphics still look amazing. Very reliable. I've used this for a couple years. I don't have this anymore but would buy again. I don't like how I wasn't able to play PS or PS2 games on here as the PS3 right before this one came out let me do.
If you're a heavy gamer, I suggest you not let ANY console you have overheat and you give it time to rest and cool down. (:
Mr.Retail ..
Mr.Retail ..
Being a gamer for all my life i can safely say i have had the most fun with this console followed by a close second to the original grey playstation. The games library covers every genre u could ever hope for. Must haves for the system are, gta4 , metal gear(all of dem are great), street fighter 4, assasins creed and call or duty (best shooter). It doubles as a dvd player and turns your TV into an entertainment hub. When u can switch between psn content and the best games on the market suddenly u forget u just had a long day of work. Enjoy it if you have one and if u don't. BUY ONE ASAP.
Dane S.
Dane S.
El Paso, TX
I still use my Playstation 3 even though I have a PlayStation 4. I like the all of the games don't charge to do multiplayer and a lot of the games that are on the PlayStation 3 haven't been updated or a new version come out for the PlayStation 4 such as Skate 3. I also like the controller and how it doesn't have the little touchpad and I've never been unhappy with my PlayStation 3. The only thing I've had to do to fix it is occasionally blow it out with canned air but that is with any electronic device. I would highly recommend and I give 5 stars for this product.
Amanda L.
Amanda L.
The first console i actually purchased by myself, it lasted a good 5 years with me considering it was used and moved with me to 3 different states. My PS3 was my baby, i never had any issues until the hard drive started going (overuse?) it was a first gen so that might explain why. Even though it died on me, i still tell everyone my PS3 was the best console ever because of everything it did, from Pandora to a DVD/ BLU RAY player, its perfect; was even able to play a few ps2 games.
Muhammad O.
Muhammad O.
Awsome Playstation 3 Play with it and you feel like you are out of this world amzing controls amzing speed space graphics etc and fun to play while you are not busy
Pros:
-No need to purchase online capabilities
-Cheaper now, since the PS4 is out
-Has Blu Ray system for dvds
-Has Netflix
-Has many good games still since, to my knowledge, there are not too many PS4 games that do not have a PS3 counterpart
Ana S.
Ana S.
I have had this console for 7 years and it has been through a lot. My little cousins and nephews have basically put it through hell and back. The console fell twice in one day and they trough juice on it!, and I must say it wasn't working maybe because it was wet. So once it was dried with a hairdryer it was back to normal and that happened 4 years ago and it still works till today.
Eva C.
Eva C.
Gamer Expert
Literally one of the best systems ever. And trust me I have had my share of systems. I love that you don't have to pay 50 dollars a year just to be able to play games and even demo games. If a controller breaks you can find another one for super cheap online. Tried that with Xbox and found the most garbage solutions to every problem that went wrong.
Jessica D.
Jessica D.
Littleton, CO
What's your favorite game to play on PS3?
Yuly M.
Yuly M.
Does any other girl hate when they're boyfriend gets on this? I do.
Kaylynn R.
Kaylynn R.
Cridersville, OH
How is this comparable to the Xbox system? Better? Worse?
Christine M.
Christine M.
Littlerock, CA
What are the age range of you gamers out there?
Natalie V.