Playa Every Day Shampoo

by Playa

An SLS-free shampoo that is anything but ordinary, this unique clean formula is the foundation of the Playa routine. The propriety coconut-derived cleanser gently foams to remove impurities while preserving your hair’s natural oils.

Less is more. All you need is one tight squeeze from our bottle for the perfect dime-sized application. Massage into wet hair and scalp. Rinse well. For a more intensive lather, add more water after massaging in to damp hair to boost the amount of foam.

Aqua, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, *Coconut Cleansing Base (Sodium C14-16 Olefin Sulfonate, Sodium Cocoamphoacetate, Cocamidopropyl Hydroxysultaine, Caprylyl/Capryl Glucoside), Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Water, Betaine (Sugar Beet), Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiare) Flower Extract, Propanediol (Plant Derived), Playa Marine Collagen Complex (Soluble Collagen, Spirulina Maxima (Spirulina) Extract, Digitata (Icelandic Sea Kelp) Extract, Kappaphycus Alvarezii (Hawaiian Red Algae) Extract, Sea Water Extract), Citric Acid, *Starch Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, Aleurites Moluccana (Kakui) Seed Oil, Panthenol (Provitamin B5), PEG-120 Methyl Glucose Trioleate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Cinnamidopropyltrimonium Chloride, *Cetrimonium Chloride, Quaternium-8, Glycerin, Sodium Chloride (Sea Salt), *Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, *Polyquaternium-10 (Guar), Illicium Verum (Star Anise) Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Hydrolyzed Adansonia Digitata (Baobob) Seed Extract, Manuka Honey Extract, Lonicera Japanica (Honeysuckle) Flower Fragrance Extract, Fragrance.

I Got a sample of this and I love it but i can’t seem to convince myself to buy full size. Is it worth it? Can someone convince me??
I’ve heard the shampoo and conditioner smell amazing.. is it worth the purchase? Looking for something that makes my hair soft and detangles? Also don’t want anything that weighs my hair down!
Received a sample of this and had it sitting in my shower. The little flower on the side of the package scared the crap outta me; I thought it was a spider 🕷 for a second 🤣
Start your review of Playa Every Day Shampoo!
I received a sample of this and really liked it. For a sulfate-free shampoo, it seemed to froth nicely and made my hair feel very clean but not at all stripped. The scent was summery and delightful. I went ahead and purchased the full size excitedly. The biggest problem with this product is the packaging. It has a nice twist permanent top that helps prevent leaks but the bottle itself is really hard to squeeze so it’s hard to get product out. I also have a hard time getting a good lather unless I use quite a bit of product. It helps to sort of activate it with a bit of water in your palms. I’m always slightly skeptical of “Clean Beauty” marketing but have to admit that this always makes my scalp feel very soothed, healthy, and less prone to dryness and flaking. However, my hair seems to get oily in less time after I use this compared to other shampoos. I will not repurchase.... though I’d be tempted to keep it in the rotation if they changed the packaging.
Vancouver
Purchased at: Sephora
So I shelled out $70 to buy this shampoo and the matching conditioner after using a sample i got from Sephora. I LOVED this right away! The scent and the way my hair felt afterwards was so refreshing. It is fairly pricey for shampoo in my opinion, but i guess you’re getting an eco friendly product that’s actually good for your hair. The positives: lasts a long time! Smells great and nourishes your hair. Con: if you accidentally use a bit too much, it can make your hair really oily once dried. Pro tips: Use Less than your think you need and also try rubbing it between your hands first to create a lather for your hair. I find the consistency is too thick to apply directly to my hair otherwise I don’t get an even application and it becomes hard to massage through the rest of my hair.
Belmont, MI
Playa Every Day Shampoo uploaded by Haley B.
I bought this after trying to find a good set of shampoo/conditioner that's more on the natural side after my skin/hair started becoming super sensitive and having flare ups. This is so beyond THICK its slightly ridiculous. If you have weaker hands or over 40 years old GOOD LUCK trying to get it out lol. It doesn't lather but that is expected for being "natural". I do find it to smell pretty good and gently cleanses the hair. If I I have too much product or dry shampoo I will have to do two rounds of shampoo cleanse in order for it to fully leave me hair. If you are looking for a Great ingredient list to use on your hair and are more of a naturalist anyway and barely use products on the hair then it'd be great for you.
Lake Havasu City
Playa Every Day Shampoo uploaded by CJ D.
I received a sample of this shampoo and conditioner from Sephora with a recent purchase. I loved how shiny (and frizz-free) and clean feeling my hair was after one wash with simply air drying my hair, nothing else! I have thick heavy virgin hair that’s all one length. It’s a struggle and lengthy process to style due to the density of my hair. So to find a product that encourages low-maintenance is worth a try. I deducted one star because it is necessary to use a conditioning mask weekly to replenish lost moisture (it’s common to need to deep condition hair, but I would have liked a tad more moisture in the formula).
Omg guys, I received this as a sample packets on play by sephora last month and had it in a corner for a while. I was toning my hair and noticed I ran out of my products and only had purple shampoo so I reached for this as it was my only option. What a surprise. It looked weird but it lathered oooooo good. And the conditioner was amazing as well. My hair felt so good, like I have never, and be mindful it's damaged golden fine hair recently treated. It smelled oddly satisfying like a mix of beach, salt water and a nice perfume. I can't even explaine. I used it yesterday and last night I already purchased a whole set. Very impressed.
Aurora, CO
Playa Every Day Shampoo uploaded by Amanda S.
Purchased at: Sephora
I really enjoyed using this shampoo, I received it in a Sephora Play box purchased online. It smells very nice and warming. It’s a clear liquid shampoo, it is not excessively foaming or bubbly when scrubbed into the hair. My hair was left smooth and clean, I didn’t notice any left over residue that can make my scalp itch, which was a plus! I used this along with Playa Everyday Conditioner as well. I probably won’t but this however, I am still loyal to my Briogeo Scalp Revival Charcoal + Coconut Oil Micro-Exfoliating Shampoo and LUSH Seanik Shampoo Bar
Brooklyn, NY
Purchased at: Sephora
I have color-treated ends with dry scalp. It's important to find a product that works for your hair type no matter how "trendy" it is. But I'm glad I found out about this product because it works for my hair! I was surprised by how well it lathers without any sulfates. I'm sensitive to scents and the shampoo has a clean, subtle scent which I appreciate. It left my hair feeling clean and soft, and I think it even gave it some volume! I have yet to try the conditioner, but now I'm going to go ahead and give that a try as well!
Fort Worth, TX
I’m on the fence with this shampoo. I typically only wash my hair one to two times a week. I would say this isn’t the ideal way to use this product. It’s “green” which is great, but I don’t always feel like I’m getting that super clean feeling I should when I wash. What I’ve learned is to definitely rinse and repeat and that extra water means extra lather. I love the scent, and I think If I washed more often it’d be perfect for me. But for now, I’ll stick with something more cleansing.
Brea, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
The bottle when it had a twist and squeeze cap was difficult to use but the company changed their bottle caps! I love that they listened to their customers! I still have the old bottle but I’m glad that it’s changed so when I get the new ones I won’t have the same problem. I’m the shampoo itself is great! I do shampoo twice but I have long hair and an oily scalp. The shampoo lathers pretty well! It’s easy to wash out and it cleanses your hair really well! I definitely recommend!
Astoria, NY
This is the best shampoo ever. I’ve tried everything from Olaplex to customized shampoo through Function of Beauty, but this is easily my favorite. It gets your hair clean, but somehow still makes it shiny and bouncy, and it brings out the natural wavy texture of my hair without weighing it down. The smell is also heavenly, but not overpowering. I kinda wanted to hate it because of the price point, but I will be repurchasing this.