Influenster app

Discover more on Influenster with our app!

Install

influenster

influenster

JOIN NOW
1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.

0 character used

Write Review
HIGHLIGHTED REVIEWS
Stac L.
Stac L.

1 influenster found this helpful

I saw a blurb in Bon Appetit magazine about #Plated and decided to check it out. I was intrigued by the chef -designed meals, shipped to you with all of the ingredients measured out to minimize waste and save time.

Currently you must subscribe to order, but two weeks ago I was able to order meals without doing so, and I am glad that I did not have to join. Don't get me wrong, the two meals I tried were FANTASTIC. Unfortunately, I cook for three people, and you can only choose even numbered "plates" 2-4-6 etc. so I did have extra food, but both leftover meals worked out good for lunch the following day.

The issue I have is with the packaging. As you can imagine #Plated must pack the food carefully so nothing spoils before it gets into your refrigerator. The large box I received was insulated with a mylar lining and also included 3 freezer packs. There were other assorted plastics and bags, but these were either recycled materials or recyclable and were not cumbersome to dispose of. I live in an apartment in Brooklyn and the thought of dealing with this packaging every single week is daunting; plus the mylar lining is not recyclable and who knows what is inside the freezer packs. I thought, “Wouldn’t it be great if the courier could pick up these items when they bring the next delivery?” I hopped on Plated and opened a chat and asked the representative just that.

The answer. Nope. Disappointing given that the website proudly speaks of Plated’s commitment to the environment and sustainability. I am hopeful they will figure a way to remedy this however, and will keep an eye out.

I recommend trying the service at least once, but keep in mind if you subscribe you will need to log in each week and pick food or opt out, otherwise Plated will just send you another box filled with food and mylar and freezer packs.

Erica B.
Erica B.

1 influenster found this helpful

Although it looks delicious, I haven't personally tried the foods from Plated. However,I did read a lot on their website and this is my takeaway.
I need to spend less on groceries, so it takes me a little more time to prepare the food that my family eats. And, I like cooking so I'm ok with that. I work from home most of the time so I'm not a good customer for Plated.
That being said, 3 years ago, I would have jumped on this. I was at the peak of my corporate career, working 80 hours a week, making decent money and barely seeing the inside of my house, much less my family. I could have afforded $15/plate and would have happily jumped at the chance to skip the prep, spend only a few minutes in the kitchen and enjoy delicious meals with my family.

Eunice K.
Eunice K.

1 influenster found this helpful

Received a trial membership via facebook ad and gave it a try. The recipes turned out great but I think the price point is a little "high" considering I could order food delivery at almost the same cost with no labor. Other pros: the uniqueness of some of the menus, all the ingredients are right there for you, it's delivered ready-to-make, and the food was good! In the end, I will remain a member and opt to try out new recipes I wouldn't have known to do otherwise.

Nicole B.
Nicole B.

1 influenster found this helpful

This service isn't available for Canadians and there are no expressly vegetarian/vegan plates. They do seem accommodating, though!

Tiffany R.
Tiffany R.

1 influenster found this helpful

Used this for a formal holiday party. Didn't have to worry about cooking. Everyone loved the food and how flavorful it was.

HIGHLIGHTED Q&A
Ana S.
Ana S.

Is this similar to Blue apron? Which one do you recommend?

2 answers Jan 26 - 2015 - 7:37 a.m.
staci B.
staci B.

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?

4 answers Jan 05 - 2015 - 8:54 a.m.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.

5 answers Sep 21 - 2014 - 6:42 p.m.
ALLISON W.
ALLISON W.

I receive this ad all the time on FB and in my outlook email. Is it worth it?

2 answers Sep 11 - 2014 - 6:08 p.m.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.

What is the price of this service?

2 answers Oct 22 - 2013 - 11:55 p.m.
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

Do they deliver food that you could buy yourself at the grocery store later to remake the recipe?

2 answers May 06 - 2013 - 9:25 a.m.
ASK A QUESTION