Add a Photo

By PLATED.COM
#45 in Websites
1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.
Photos (4)
Horrible customer service experience with plated.com. Just awful. There was a mix up with my account and when I tried to get the mix up fixed, I was essentially blamed for what is a bad user experience on the website and told it was my fault. I was a loyal customer for over a year, left to use another similar company, and then decided to return to them last fall. In early 2016, I left and had been using another company again. I decided to deactivate my account instead of having to skip weeks on plated.com. When I went to log in, it went through the Facebook portal which I had stopped using in October of 2015 having thought I transferred it to a person email account which I used October - December of 2015. Well, apparently JUST logging into my account reactivated it! They charged me and sent a box without my knowledge. When I called to resolve the matter and make sure I was not charged, I was told I must have been aware of the account issue and that they would NOT refund the order. The customer service could see that I had deactivated my personal account that same day. I HAD NO IDEA that logging into the Facebook one would REACTIVATE and cause me to get charged on the same day I thought I had DEACTIVATED my account. The customer service person offered nothing close to an apology and would not even consider refunding ANY of the order even though I had been a loyal customer for over a year and would have considered using them again in the future. Now, after this experience, I will NEVER return to plated.com. I consider this to be a deceptive business practice.
Wayne W.
Wayne W.
Las Vegas, NV

I really wish I could give less than 1 star. We have now tried both Plated and Blue Apron. Our first box from Plated had 1) Sheet Pan Chicken with Chickpeas, Harissa, and Kale, 2) Seared Apple Chicken Sausage with Brussels Sprout Hash, and 3) Gnocchi in Parmesan Broth with Swiss Chard and Spinach. First, the box arrived very late on Friday night; way too late to actually cook anything, so our first meal from the box was on Saturday when I prepared the Sheet Pan Chicken. This recipe was absolutely inedible and both my wife and I scraped it into the trash! The chicken breasts were huge, old, and tough and the flavor profile was exceedingly nasty. The next day, we tried the Sausage recipe. It was a little better, but still not worth anywhere close to what was paid. The parsnip that was sent was very old and woody but the sausage itself had a decent flavor. The last recipe, the Gnocchi is Parmesan Broth was the best of the lot but still a very bad value for the money. I wrote to Plated customer service on Monday and received a reply that our subscription would be cancelled but that we still would be responsible for the next box that should arrive on Friday. They do not ship until Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm not sure I understand why they would want to send me more nasty, inedible food. I wrote back stating as much but got a reply that 6 days was required for cancellation. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I'll stick with Blue Apron....less money and much better flavors!
Arelica G.
Arelica G.
Omaha, NE

There's better options out there than Plated, especially if they don't deliver to your area!

I really needed to find a more convenient way to get back to loving to cook in my kitchen…

I ended up finding another service, HomeChef, which originally started over in Belgium but is now available across Europe as well as the United States, Australia, and other countries. I have tried a number of different "dinner subscription boxes" and this one TOPPED MY LIST! Much better ingredients, creative and easy recipes, and really good customer service...

I started looking for a way to try this service pretty cheap, because I already pay too much for groceries, and I found a great deal for HomeChef!

I got $30 Off and Free Shipping on my First Order by using this offer link:
homechef. com/%69%6E%76%69%74%65/kQWAUbAMrJo

That made my first order only $29, perfect to give it a try! In my first order I got the Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken and it was SO good! The other meals included a Mushroom and Swiss Beef Burger and Sous-Vide Baby Back Ribs. They were all very easy to make in MY OWN kitchen and my whole family loved how they tasted! I now get it every week because it is SO convenient, tastes AMAZING, and I get to try cooking new things that I would have never made before…

I just thought I'd post it if anyone else is looking for a deal to give it a try.
I tried Plated once "successfully" (other than the red pepper flake package was empty - I.e. Literally it was just packaging no pepper flakes were included and this was the namesake of the dish) - but fine, I had that on hand. I have been loving Blue Apron but this weeks menu wasn't to my liking so I thought I would mix it up. Well my plated delivery was supposed to arrive today by 8pm and it never came. I called and they said their delivery service had an issue and they were all behind schedule but it should eventually come. If I go to bed, call back in the morning if the food doesn't appear fresh, but it should be OK provided there still at least half an ice pack. Well, I just checked again and the delivery says "attempted but no one available to accept delivery". Well, I'm home and my dog wouldn't let a delivery man escape without barking so I can guarantee no attempt was actually made. I've contacted customer service and am hoping for a refund (I'm not standing for a credit on my next delivery - giving up on them). For the savings per week, the easier to read recipe cards, and reliable service I'll stick with Blue Apron.

Sorry Mr. Wonderful, I would've expected more from a company you endorse.
Julia T.
Julia T.
Bainbridge Island

I'm married, busy, but my husband and I love to cook. I absolutely love plated. Not only are the meals absolutely wonderful, they get us to use ingredients that I'd never consider using. So many times, I've sat down and been like.. OMG, I'd totally never eat this, and then I try it and it's absolutely amazing. We recreate the recipes for friends. My fav - Mu shu chicken - some of the best I've ever had, healthy, and we've remade this about 15 times. I one box with a few items missing, them comped us asap. Had service for over 8 months now...I had one box missing a few items... and NONE of my boxes contained items that weren't fresh. I couldn't be happier.. like it better than eating out I also got a subscription for my single friend, he lives in another state and sometimes I visit and he cooks me plated. He has the same experience as I do with the fresh boxes, so I don't understand the people who are complaining. .. he absolutely loves it and it's teaching him how to cook.
I love Plated. I am not going to say too much about the obvious advantages--no meal planning and great recipes with a wide range of flavors and ingredients. Instead I am going to mention what is specific to my family: I have three kids and Plated as made cooking a fun family activity that they look forward to doing first thing after coming home from school. My older child (age 14) can make dinner for the family by following the recipes; my younger two kids cook with me. My son actually gets excited by learning new techniques and about new ingredients. I will also say that the reason that I chose Plated over some of the other alternatives is that Plated gives more flexibility in choosing the recipes from the week that will suit your family. I can always find three choices that are exciting to all of us. (Some of the other services pair meals or give you what they think you want. Plated gives more choice and control.)
S S.
S S.
Charlotte, NC

I agree with previous reviews. Better options out there like Hello Fresh and Blue Apron. I had serious issues with Plated. Leaving out key ingredients like the fish which was the protein source of the entree. Defeats the purpose when you have to go shop in order to cook what they sent. I've also had them ship when I ABSOLUTELY selected to skip that week. When I asked to see the original emails they sent me that confirmed my order, they sent a screen shot of the order! Yeah, whatever. Sounds like they do this to a lot of customers. They clearly cut corners and try to scam when they can. ZERO apology about the mistake, only insisting that they sent an email it was coming but after multiple email searches, the only communications that came up were from the REAL orders I placed. Skip this company and move on.
Tried Plated this first week of May and the delivery was smooth, around 12 noon. There was no need to be present when it arrived, but we were home. The first meal was the Tarragon Chicken. The chicken breast meat was very small and when cooked 4 1/4 oz. which is too small a portion for the husband and the tarragon was old and ditto for the mushrooms which were very old with open mantles and dry old stems. The second dish was an "upgrade" the Balsamic Steak. Again the leeks were partially brown and the steak inedible for it was tough and not a good cut of meat. I think the idea is good for delivery but it has to be very fresh and very tasty for us to continue such a service. I immediately emailed them, explained our dissatisfaction and cancelled. No problem because we cancelled early in the week.
R J.
R J.
Brandon, FL

Received horrible customer service when I called due to being overcharged. They did NOT stick to the $48 subscription I opted for and more than doubled their charge. Their manager stated that they had "every legal right" to do what they did and they wouldn't refund. You know what kind of restaurants we could go to for $50 each?!? Even a grocery delivery at $15 a month does the same exact thing and you have more food than they send in that Plated box. Also, my grocery delivery has never left out requested ingredients. Plated sent my box without the ingredients listed to make the meal!!! Needless to say, I dumped this crappy service! Don't do business with these people.
I've been a member for several weeks now. The food is really fresh and the recipes are delicious for the most part. However, apparently, the fact that the Memorial Day holiday happened this week came as a surprise to them. My box, which is scheduled to come every Monday, is not coming until Thursday this week! I use the meals for Monday - Wednesday. They should be able to figure a way to get meals delivered in a week in which a federal holiday falls. This is really a flaw in the system. I would expect they will lose business from this type of failure.
123...567
staci B.
staci B.
Arcadia, Fl

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?
Carrie B.
Carrie B.
Mandeville, LA

Is it worth the money? I really want to try it out but if the food doesn't taste as good as it looks (because it looks delicious!), I'd rather not pay $10 a plate
Ashley L.
Ashley L.

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY

Andrea W.
Andrea W.
Nesconset, NY

Is the food prepared already or just portioned out and you cook it?

Join Now