Add a Photo

By Plated.com

#45 in Websites
1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.
Photos (4)
Celebrity B.
Celebrity B.
Brooklyn, NY

We met the staff at Plated.com at BlogHer13. The product seemed to meet our strict standards but after giving away the gift cards we were given all hell broke loose. The winners were charged $7 for shipping and some food never arrived. We reached out to Emily at Plated.com and was told she would connect us with rep Benhtzi. This was Sept. 1, 2013. We reached out again and again and NO ONE from Plated.com ever got back with us. In the meantime, angry winners called us and we kept telling them we were waiting to hear back from Emily at Plated. She was just terrible! Their cards were charged each week for additional Plated.com meals. WHAT A MESS! It was like the old days of AOL when the endless CDs showed up at your home! Since September, we called her again on November 11 and she was dismissive and rude. At this point we will be forced to refund the $7 to eleven winners and risk the trust of our readers. WE SIMPLY CANNOT RECOMMEND PLATED! Buyer Beware!
Horrible customer service experience with plated.com. Just awful. There was a mix up with my account and when I tried to get the mix up fixed, I was essentially blamed for what is a bad user experience on the website and told it was my fault. I was a loyal customer for over a year, left to use another similar company, and then decided to return to them last fall. In early 2016, I left and had been using another company again. I decided to deactivate my account instead of having to skip weeks on plated.com. When I went to log in, it went through the Facebook portal which I had stopped using in October of 2015 having thought I transferred it to a person email account which I used October - December of 2015. Well, apparently JUST logging into my account reactivated it! They charged me and sent a box without my knowledge. When I called to resolve the matter and make sure I was not charged, I was told I must have been aware of the account issue and that they would NOT refund the order. The customer service could see that I had deactivated my personal account that same day. I HAD NO IDEA that logging into the Facebook one would REACTIVATE and cause me to get charged on the same day I thought I had DEACTIVATED my account. The customer service person offered nothing close to an apology and would not even consider refunding ANY of the order even though I had been a loyal customer for over a year and would have considered using them again in the future. Now, after this experience, I will NEVER return to plated.com. I consider this to be a deceptive business practice.
Rayel B.
Rayel B.
Chipley , FL

I've tried two of these companies: blue apron and plated. I liked plated better. They offered options that weren't so strange that my husband would t even try it. Honestly if you don't like to cook stay away. If you enjoy cooking and trying things you wouldn't normally then you will like it.
Brandon, FL

Received horrible customer service when I called due to being overcharged. They did NOT stick to the $48 subscription I opted for and more than doubled their charge. Their manager stated that they had "every legal right" to do what they did and they wouldn't refund. You know what kind of restaurants we could go to for $50 each?!? Even a grocery delivery at $15 a month does the same exact thing and you have more food than they send in that Plated box. Also, my grocery delivery has never left out requested ingredients. Plated sent my box without the ingredients listed to make the meal!!! Needless to say, I dumped this crappy service! Don't do business with these people.
I've been a member for several weeks now. The food is really fresh and the recipes are delicious for the most part. However, apparently, the fact that the Memorial Day holiday happened this week came as a surprise to them. My box, which is scheduled to come every Monday, is not coming until Thursday this week! I use the meals for Monday - Wednesday. They should be able to figure a way to get meals delivered in a week in which a federal holiday falls. This is really a flaw in the system. I would expect they will lose business from this type of failure.
Tried Plated this first week of May and the delivery was smooth, around 12 noon. There was no need to be present when it arrived, but we were home. The first meal was the Tarragon Chicken. The chicken breast meat was very small and when cooked 4 1/4 oz. which is too small a portion for the husband and the tarragon was old and ditto for the mushrooms which were very old with open mantles and dry old stems. The second dish was an "upgrade" the Balsamic Steak. Again the leeks were partially brown and the steak inedible for it was tough and not a good cut of meat. I think the idea is good for delivery but it has to be very fresh and very tasty for us to continue such a service. I immediately emailed them, explained our dissatisfaction and cancelled. No problem because we cancelled early in the week.
I tried Plated once "successfully" (other than the red pepper flake package was empty - I.e. Literally it was just packaging no pepper flakes were included and this was the namesake of the dish) - but fine, I had that on hand. I have been loving Blue Apron but this weeks menu wasn't to my liking so I thought I would mix it up. Well my plated delivery was supposed to arrive today by 8pm and it never came. I called and they said their delivery service had an issue and they were all behind schedule but it should eventually come. If I go to bed, call back in the morning if the food doesn't appear fresh, but it should be OK provided there still at least half an ice pack. Well, I just checked again and the delivery says "attempted but no one available to accept delivery". Well, I'm home and my dog wouldn't let a delivery man escape without barking so I can guarantee no attempt was actually made. I've contacted customer service and am hoping for a refund (I'm not standing for a credit on my next delivery - giving up on them). For the savings per week, the easier to read recipe cards, and reliable service I'll stick with Blue Apron. Sorry Mr. Wonderful, I would've expected more from a company you endorse.
I love Plated. I am not going to say too much about the obvious advantages--no meal planning and great recipes with a wide range of flavors and ingredients. Instead I am going to mention what is specific to my family: I have three kids and Plated as made cooking a fun family activity that they look forward to doing first thing after coming home from school. My older child (age 14) can make dinner for the family by following the recipes; my younger two kids cook with me. My son actually gets excited by learning new techniques and about new ingredients. I will also say that the reason that I chose Plated over some of the other alternatives is that Plated gives more flexibility in choosing the recipes from the week that will suit your family. I can always find three choices that are exciting to all of us. (Some of the other services pair meals or give you what they think you want. Plated gives more choice and control.)
Julia T.
Julia T.
Bainbridge Island

I'm married, busy, but my husband and I love to cook. I absolutely love plated. Not only are the meals absolutely wonderful, they get us to use ingredients that I'd never consider using. So many times, I've sat down and been like.. OMG, i'd totally never eat this, and then I try it and it's absolutely amazing. We recreate the recipes for friends. My fav - Mu shu chicken - some of the best I've ever had, healthy, and we've remade this about 15 times. I one box with a few items missing, them comped us asap. Had service for over 8 months now...I had one box missing a few items... and NONE of my boxes contained items that weren't fresh. I couldn't be happier.. like it better than eating out I also got a subscription for my single friend, he lives in another state and sometimes I visit and he cooks me plated. He has the same experience as I do with the fresh boxes, so I don't understand the people who are complaining. .. he absolutely loves it and it's teaching him how to cook.
Sherie S.
Sherie S.
Huntington Beach, CA

The food was not very good. The taste was lacking. I liked upgrading to better dinners, but they didn't offer additional flavor.
123...567
Carrie B.
Carrie B.
Mandeville, LA

Is it worth the money? I really want to try it out but if the food doesn't taste as good as it looks (because it looks delicious!), I'd rather not pay $10 a plate
R J.
Not worth the expense. You could go out to a healthy restaurant for less. Plus, they try to up charge you without explicitly notifying of the charge until you get your credit card statement. Untrustworthy organization.
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY

What do you think about this concept?
R J.
It would be great if the company were reputable, but they got a hold of my credit card and charged for things I never asked for nor received. Reporting to BBB and reversing charges on my cc.
staci B.
staci B.
Arcadia, Fl

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?
R J.
I bought 3. Was charged appropriately for first 2. The 3rd box was charged at more than double the agreed price and had missing ingredients. Unfortunately, the customer service is lousy and they apparently have many dissatisfied consumers.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Elk Grove, CA

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.
Stac L.
Stac L.
Great idea but not worth it - YET. They have a few things to work out: delivery issues, packaging, allergen options. If you see an offer to try it without subscribing definitely give it a go and check it out for yourself.
Andrea W.
Andrea W.
Nesconset, Ny

Is the food prepared already or just portioned out and you cook it?
R J.
Not prepared and NOT worth the charge. OVERPRICED. Plus, the food is not that great. They send ciabatta with almost every meal and its stale and hard as a rock.

Join Now