Plated.com

based on 64 reviews

1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.

0 character used

Add Picture
HIGHLIGHTED REVIEWS
member-3c349b013

1 influenster found this helpful

I tried Plated once "successfully" (other than the red pepper flake package was empty - I.e. Literally it was just packaging no pepper flakes were included and this was the namesake of the dish) - but fine, I had that on hand. I have been loving Blue Apron but this weeks menu wasn't to my liking so I thought I would mix it up. Well my plated delivery was supposed to arrive today by 8pm and it never came. I called and they said their delivery service had an issue and they were all behind schedule but it should eventually come. If I go to bed, call back in the morning if the food doesn't appear fresh, but it should be OK provided there still at least half an ice pack. Well, I just checked again and the delivery says "attempted but no one available to accept delivery". Well, I'm home and my dog wouldn't let a delivery man escape without barking so I can guarantee no attempt was actually made. I've contacted customer service and am hoping for a refund (I'm not standing for a credit on my next delivery - giving up on them). For the savings per week, the easier to read recipe cards, and reliable service I'll stick with Blue Apron.
Sorry Mr. Wonderful, I would've expected more from a company you endorse.

Julia T.

1 influenster found this helpful

I'm married, busy, but my husband and I love to cook. I absolutely love plated. Not only are the meals absolutely wonderful, they get us to use ingredients that I'd never consider using. So many times, I've sat down and been like.. OMG, i'd totally never eat this, and then I try it and it's absolutely amazing. We recreate the recipes for friends. My fav - Mu shu chicken - some of the best I've ever had, healthy, and we've remade this about 15 times. I one box with a few items missing, them comped us asap. Had service for over 8 months now...I had one box missing a few items... and NONE of my boxes contained items that weren't fresh. I couldn't be happier.. like it better than eating out I also got a subscription for my single friend, he lives in another state and sometimes I visit and he cooks me plated. He has the same experience as I do with the fresh boxes, so I don't understand the people who are complaining. .. he absolutely loves it and it's teaching him how to cook.

member-32fd17600

1 influenster found this helpful

I love Plated. I am not going to say too much about the obvious advantages--no meal planning and great recipes with a wide range of flavors and ingredients. Instead I am going to mention what is specific to my family: I have three kids and Plated as made cooking a fun family activity that they look forward to doing first thing after coming home from school. My older child (age 14) can make dinner for the family by following the recipes; my younger two kids cook with me. My son actually gets excited by learning new techniques and about new ingredients. I will also say that the reason that I chose Plated over some of the other alternatives is that Plated gives more flexibility in choosing the recipes from the week that will suit your family. I can always find three choices that are exciting to all of us. (Some of the other services pair meals or give you what they think you want. Plated gives more choice and control.)

member-efd16dcf8

1 influenster found this helpful

Tried Plated this first week of May and the delivery was smooth, around 12 noon. There was no need to be present when it arrived, but we were home. The first meal was the Tarragon Chicken. The chicken breast meat was very small and when cooked 4 1/4 oz. which is too small a portion for the husband and the tarragon was old and ditto for the mushrooms which were very old with open mantles and dry old stems. The second dish was an "upgrade" the Balsamic Steak. Again the leeks were partially brown and the steak inedible for it was tough and not a good cut of meat. I think the idea is good for delivery but it has to be very fresh and very tasty for us to continue such a service. I immediately emailed them, explained our dissatisfaction and cancelled. No problem because we cancelled early in the week.

Sherie S.

1 influenster found this helpful

The food was not very good. The taste was lacking. I liked upgrading to better dinners, but they didn't offer additional flavor.

HIGHLIGHTED Q&A
Ana S.
Ana S.

Is this similar to Blue apron? Which one do you recommend?

2 answersJan 26 - 2015 - 7:37 a.m.
staci B.
staci B.

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?

4 answersJan 05 - 2015 - 8:54 a.m.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.

5 answersSep 21 - 2014 - 6:42 p.m.
ALLISON W.
ALLISON W.

I receive this ad all the time on FB and in my outlook email. Is it worth it?

2 answersSep 11 - 2014 - 6:08 p.m.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.

What is the price of this service?

2 answersOct 22 - 2013 - 11:55 p.m.
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

Do they deliver food that you could buy yourself at the grocery store later to remake the recipe?

2 answersMay 06 - 2013 - 9:25 a.m.
ASK A QUESTION

Welcome to Influenster! You're one click away from unlocking exclusive rewards, like free full-sized products!

Join Now