influenster

influenster

1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.

0 character used

HIGHLIGHTED REVIEWS
member-a74eb02e6

1 influenster found this helpful

Terrible customer service. Took days to respond to an order they mixed up, and never fixed the problem even when they said they would. And the food was okay, definitely did not live up to the hype, especially for how expensive it was.

Wayne W.

I really wish I could give less than 1 star. We have now tried both Plated and Blue Apron. Our first box from Plated had 1) Sheet Pan Chicken with Chickpeas, Harissa, and Kale, 2) Seared Apple Chicken Sausage with Brussels Sprout Hash, and 3) Gnocchi in Parmesan Broth with Swiss Chard and Spinach. First, the box arrived very late on Friday night; way too late to actually cook anything, so our first meal from the box was on Saturday when I prepared the Sheet Pan Chicken. This recipe was absolutely inedible and both my wife and I scraped it into the trash! The chicken breasts were huge, old, and tough and the flavor profile was exceedingly nasty. The next day, we tried the Sausage recipe. It was a little better, but still not worth anywhere close to what was paid. The parsnip that was sent was very old and woody but the sausage itself had a decent flavor. The last recipe, the Gnocchi is Parmesan Broth was the best of the lot but still a very bad value for the money. I wrote to Plated customer service on Monday and received a reply that our subscription would be cancelled but that we still would be responsible for the next box that should arrive on Friday. They do not ship until Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm not sure I understand why they would want to send me more nasty, inedible food. I wrote back stating as much but got a reply that 6 days was required for cancellation. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I'll stick with Blue Apron....less money and much better flavors!

Arelica G.

There's better options out there than Plated, especially if they don't deliver to your area!
I really needed to find a more convenient way to get back to loving to cook in my kitchen…
I ended up finding another service, HomeChef, which originally started over in Belgium but is now available across Europe as well as the United States, Australia, and other countries. I have tried a number of different "dinner subscription boxes" and this one TOPPED MY LIST! Much better ingredients, creative and easy recipes, and really good customer service...
I started looking for a way to try this service pretty cheap, because I already pay too much for groceries, and I found a great deal for HomeChef!
I got $30 Off and Free Shipping on my First Order by using this offer link:
homechef. com/%69%6E%76%69%74%65/kQWAUbAMrJo
That made my first order only $29, perfect to give it a try! In my first order I got the Raspberry Chipotle BBQ Chicken and it was SO good! The other meals included a Mushroom and Swiss Beef Burger and Sous-Vide Baby Back Ribs. They were all very easy to make in MY OWN kitchen and my whole family loved how they tasted! I now get it every week because it is SO convenient, tastes AMAZING, and I get to try cooking new things that I would have never made before…
I just thought I'd post it if anyone else is looking for a deal to give it a try.

Mary P.

I got my first box last week. It was missing ground pork for one of the meals. I emailed the company and then a few hours later called them and got a real person who made things right. I had a pork roast that I ground part up & used and as a substitute. It wasn't the best meat for the meal, but it was good enough. The other meal was excellent.
My husband and I enjoyed both meals and had plenty of leftovers. Both were meals I wouldn't have ever made had it not been thru a service like this. It had ingredients I couldn't get locally.
Additionally, I get to pick the meals I want our can skip weeks. It's the perfect service for me.
I also looked at 3 others like this. One you got what they sent no choices. Another the biggest complaint was you couldn't get in touch with someone if there was a problem. I sent an email with 3 questions. That was 3 weeks ago. I'm still waiting for an answer. The other was extremely pricey.
We're very happy with Plated.

Jen T.

The actual food quality and recipes are wonderful. VERY creative and have a great variety of ingredients.
I see a lot of reviews on is it "worth it." Well... is your meal at AppleBee's "wroth it?" It depends on what you value.
It depends on your definition of worth it. Check your bank account. If you're spending hundreds on restaurants and want to REPLACE that with PLATED, it's totally worth it. If you want to easily learn how to cook and experiment with ingredients without the risk of wasting them, it's WORTH IT. If you just think it's a cool thing to try sometimes it probably is not worth it.
I'm giving it 4 starts because of the fact that my minimum order is 4 plates, making an order a minimum of $48 plus shipping. Personally, I would like the flexibility of doing 1 meal per week with 2 servings, building the total to $24 and shipping.

HIGHLIGHTED Q&A
Ana S.
Ana S.

Is this similar to Blue apron? Which one do you recommend?

2 answersJan 26 - 2015 - 7:37 a.m.
staci B.
staci B.

The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?

4 answersJan 05 - 2015 - 8:54 a.m.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.

This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.

5 answersSep 21 - 2014 - 6:42 p.m.
ALLISON W.
ALLISON W.

I receive this ad all the time on FB and in my outlook email. Is it worth it?

2 answersSep 11 - 2014 - 6:08 p.m.
Jessica P.
Jessica P.

What is the price of this service?

2 answersOct 22 - 2013 - 11:55 p.m.
Jennifer K.
Jennifer K.

Do they deliver food that you could buy yourself at the grocery store later to remake the recipe?

2 answersMay 06 - 2013 - 9:25 a.m.
ASK A QUESTION

Welcome to Influenster! You're one click away from unlocking exclusive rewards, like free full-sized products!

Join Now