BY PLATED.COM #10 in Meal & Beverage Delivery Services

1. Plated features a variety of new chef-designed meals each week. Choose the meals you want and order online. No need to grocery shop or recipe hunt (we do it for you). 2. We deliver exceptional ingredients to your door. Everything is perfectly portioned so you don’t need to worry about measuring and waste. 3. You conveniently create chef-designed meals in your own kitchen. Follow our designer chefs' step-by-step recipes. Enjoy an amazing meal in under 30 minutes.

Plated
Horrible customer service experience with plated.com. Just awful. There was a mix up with my account and when I tried to get the mix up fixed, I was essentially blamed for what is a bad user experience on the website and told it was my fault. I was a loyal customer for over a year, left to use another similar company, and then decided to return to them last fall. In early 2016, I left and had been using another company again. I decided to deactivate my account instead of having to skip weeks on plated.com. When I went to log in, it went through the Facebook portal which I had stopped using in October of 2015 having thought I transferred it to a person email account which I used October - December of 2015. Well, apparently JUST logging into my account reactivated it! They charged me and sent a box without my knowledge. When I called to resolve the matter and make sure I was not charged, I was told I must have been aware of the account issue and that they would NOT refund the order. The customer service could see that I had deactivated my personal account that same day. I HAD NO IDEA that logging into the Facebook one would REACTIVATE and cause me to get charged on the same day I thought I had DEACTIVATED my account. The customer service person offered nothing close to an apology and would not even consider refunding ANY of the order even though I had been a loyal customer for over a year and would have considered using them again in the future. Now, after this experience, I will NEVER return to plated.com. I consider this to be a deceptive business practice.
Wayne W.
Wayne W.
Las Vegas, NV
I really wish I could give less than 1 star. We have now tried both Plated and Blue Apron. Our first box from Plated had 1) Sheet Pan Chicken with Chickpeas, Harissa, and Kale, 2) Seared Apple Chicken Sausage with Brussels Sprout Hash, and 3) Gnocchi in Parmesan Broth with Swiss Chard and Spinach. First, the box arrived very late on Friday night; way too late to actually cook anything, so our first meal from the box was on Saturday when I prepared the Sheet Pan Chicken. This recipe was absolutely inedible and both my wife and I scraped it into the trash! The chicken breasts were huge, old, and tough and the flavor profile was exceedingly nasty. The next day, we tried the Sausage recipe. It was a little better, but still not worth anywhere close to what was paid. The parsnip that was sent was very old and woody but the sausage itself had a decent flavor. The last recipe, the Gnocchi is Parmesan Broth was the best of the lot but still a very bad value for the money. I wrote to Plated customer service on Monday and received a reply that our subscription would be cancelled but that we still would be responsible for the next box that should arrive on Friday. They do not ship until Wednesday or Thursday, so I'm not sure I understand why they would want to send me more nasty, inedible food. I wrote back stating as much but got a reply that 6 days was required for cancellation. EXTREMELY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I'll stick with Blue Apron....less money and much better flavors!
Tried Plated this first week of May and the delivery was smooth, around 12 noon. There was no need to be present when it arrived, but we were home. The first meal was the Tarragon Chicken. The chicken breast meat was very small and when cooked 4 1/4 oz. which is too small a portion for the husband and the tarragon was old and ditto for the mushrooms which were very old with open mantles and dry old stems. The second dish was an "upgrade" the Balsamic Steak. Again the leeks were partially brown and the steak inedible for it was tough and not a good cut of meat. I think the idea is good for delivery but it has to be very fresh and very tasty for us to continue such a service. I immediately emailed them, explained our dissatisfaction and cancelled. No problem because we cancelled early in the week.
R J.
R J.
Brandon, FL
Pop Culture Expert
Received horrible customer service when I called due to being overcharged. They did NOT stick to the $48 subscription I opted for and more than doubled their charge. Their manager stated that they had "every legal right" to do what they did and they wouldn't refund. You know what kind of restaurants we could go to for $50 each?!? Even a grocery delivery at $15 a month does the same exact thing and you have more food than they send in that Plated box. Also, my grocery delivery has never left out requested ingredients. Plated sent my box without the ingredients listed to make the meal!!! Needless to say, I dumped this crappy service! Don't do business with these people.
I've been a member for several weeks now. The food is really fresh and the recipes are delicious for the most part. However, apparently, the fact that the Memorial Day holiday happened this week came as a surprise to them. My box, which is scheduled to come every Monday, is not coming until Thursday this week! I use the meals for Monday - Wednesday. They should be able to figure a way to get meals delivered in a week in which a federal holiday falls. This is really a flaw in the system. I would expect they will lose business from this type of failure.
Really bad food and customer service. Missing ingredients, rotten tomatoes, and very poor flavors. Sent me a box even though I cancelled 6 days prior to the next delivery. Please tell your friends not to sign up with these people. Once they get your credit card info they will keep billing you even tough you have requested that they stop. Evidently there policy statement allows them to send "crap" and charge for it. Again, please tell you friends to stay away from Plated
Rayel B.
Rayel B.
Chipley , FL
I've tried two of these companies: blue apron and plated. I liked plated better. They offered options that weren't so strange that my husband would t even try it. Honestly if you don't like to cook stay away. If you enjoy cooking and trying things you wouldn't normally then you will like it.
I was gifted a week of meals after my son had major surgery. I was looking forward to having meals ready for the first week he was home. Plated sent 2 days of meals and waited a week to send the other 5 meals. Customer service has no compassion about it.
Sherie S.
Sherie S.
Huntington Beach, CA
The food was not very good. The taste was lacking. I liked upgrading to better dinners, but they didn't offer additional flavor.
S S.
S S.
Charlotte, NC
I agree with previous reviews. Better options out there like Hello Fresh and Blue Apron. I had serious issues with Plated. Leaving out key ingredients like the fish which was the protein source of the entree. Defeats the purpose when you have to go shop in order to cook what they sent. I've also had them ship when I ABSOLUTELY selected to skip that week. When I asked to see the original emails they sent me that confirmed my order, they sent a screen shot of the order! Yeah, whatever. Sounds like they do this to a lot of customers. They clearly cut corners and try to scam when they can. ZERO apology about the mistake, only insisting that they sent an email it was coming but after multiple email searches, the only communications that came up were from the REAL orders I placed. Skip this company and move on.
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Pop Culture Expert
This seems interesting would love some feed back on it. Can someone tell me if it is worth it.
staci B.
staci B.
ARCADIA, FL
The people who are saying its not worth it did you buy a box?
Carrie B.
Carrie B.
Mandeville, LA
Is it worth the money? I really want to try it out but if the food doesn't taste as good as it looks (because it looks delicious!), I'd rather not pay $10 a plate
Kristie M.
Kristie M.
East Amherst, NY
What do you think about this concept?
Ana S.
Ana S.
San Antonio, TX
Is this similar to Blue apron? Which one do you recommend?