BY PLANET FITNESS #1 in Gyms

• How many days do you workout in a week?Planet Fitness3 Answers
  • Does your planet fitness have a sauna and steam room?60 Answers
  • I have always wondered what it was like to work put here....7 Answers
Reviews (20277)
  • "However, they indicate all those perks you get being a black card member but they would take all the things out of the gym such as smoothies and all, so really there wasn't much of a benefit to pay that extra 10$ except for bring a guest." in 48 reviews
  • "They claim to be a judgment-free zone, but what they really do is judge the people who have worked hard to be in great shape." in 32 reviews
  • "If you like cardio, then go for it, but they have no classes, look down on heavy lifting and have a "lunk" alarm that I was even called on once when I overestimated a weight stack because I was trying to adjust to machines since they don't have a good free weight selection, or kettlebells." in 31 reviews
  • "The benefit are of course, the price, there's enough weights for a petite girl like me (although I hear from my guy friends that the weights only go up to a certain number so they all quit PF after that), and the tanning booths and massage chairs are a plus." in 26 reviews
  • "They also allow you to bring guests, are open 24 hours, and are located near my home in Philadelphia and school in Alabama." in 24 reviews
alondra h.
✴Planet fitness.!❣2 weeks into the new year still fully charged.🔋⚡ I can see a little bit of resalts. Your already doing me good.!❣ Cant wait to start my journey. Im super stoked too see a better built me.💪🏼🛠⏳ As I walk on in, I see people working on them self's. As I do the same, I get super focused on these workouts because I'd love to spend a couple of hours on my body. Like uh hello. Why not.! Im ready for this.😃😃 The machines are not complicated at all. 🚫 the built don't stop. 💯💯THE BEST PART AFTER THE WORKOUT IS THAT YOUR BODY FEELS AMAZING.💯💯 ✴💥AnyOne That Needs Motivation Hit Me Up Make YourSelf Noticeable. Because Im Here For The Hype And I'd Love To Keep Up With You As You Keep Up With Me.💥✴ #musclemachines #music #bodywork #bodyworkout #burns #calories #jawline #trapezius #arms #legs #booty #sidefat #muffintop #hourglass #tummy #abs #sweat #newyears #focused #grind #nopainnogain #built #Ahunnit #nightgym #nikes #sportsbra #nongymleggings #waisttrainer #cutehairbun #motivation #drinkwater #eatgood #eathappy #share .-Alondra🌺
John K.
Belton
I paid for a black card membership, and some days later came in for my first session.  There were two gals, maybe twenties, at the front desk.
The gal took her eyes of the tv she was watching and scanned my card, then back to the tv.
I told her this was my first visit, and wanted to get onto a stationary bike.
She told me I had to fill out an application to join Planet Fitness first.  Then she noticed the Planet Fitness card she had just scanned. She waved towards the back of the room, and told me to find an available bike, and help myself.
The bikes were different than the ones at the Physcal Therapy I had been using.  It took me 10 minutes to get one adjusted and turned on.  I finally selected "manual" since I had not figured out how to program the thing.
The machine alternated between "resume" and "pause".  Each "Pause" released all resistance causing me and my new knee replacement to be thrown forward.  After a half dozen or so painful events, I walked out.
One of the gals did say "have a great day", but apparently missed my angry face.
The wife and I have found a new fitness place that acts like they give a crap.
Amanda S.
Lackawanna, NY
I recently signed up for planet fitness. I did call my local location before I signed up online because I had some questions. The gentleman that I spoke to on the phone was pretty dismissive and they had a little bit of construction going on so I didn’t take that personally he did advise me to go online to sign up because the gym is so close to me that is exactly what I decided to do. I didn’t get a lot of information over the phone but once I had my first visit I came to realize I signed up for one of their older locations that was not really up-to-date. I was a little disappointed but as the time went on I also was made aware that a lot of the things that they offer online or at other locations were not offered at the location I had recently joined. So that was a disappointment. I did sign a contract I also got the $20 plan so that I can float around in hopes that I will have a little bit better of an experience at the other gyms in my area. And that was the case. I am very please that tanning is included in my membership because I do use that extremely often. I love the benefit of having a friend come with me at all times which is pretty cool. I can’t blame them for me not fully doing research on the gym I was signing up for even though I am a little bit disappointed. So overall I give it a three star because I have had awesome recent experiences at other gyms that I am considering switching to.
Olivia B.
Orangevale, CA
For the price, this gym is a good deal. Especially if you use the tanning beds and the massage beds. They have a lot of cardio machines here which is good for some, but not for everyone. In my opinion they don’t have enough machines and a big enough free weight area. I kind of don’t like the whole “lunk alarm” thing. While I see some can be intimidated by that, others are just trying to get their workout in and build muscle. I personally wouldn’t ever set off the lunk alarm because I’m not lifting heavy like that, but I don’t judge others who do. They say it’s a judgement free zone, but they’re still judging those “bodybuilder” types I think. And the planet fitness I had a membership to years ago, a couple times a month they would have a pizza day and also a bagel day. I mean seriously?? Pizza and bagels are delicious, but on cheat day, and shouldn’t be in a gym setting. Really odd to me.
Alexis C.
Cincinnati, OH
Fitspiration Expert Level 1
At a glance, Planet Fitness may seem like the perfect gym. They offer a lot in their memberships such as tanning, hydro massage therapy, and even personal training. However, the “no contract” is a complete lie. I was previously a member with them and when I went to cancel my membership I had to PAY and “buyout” fee from my CONTRACT! The contract they claim doesn’t exist. Also, they claim to me a “judgement free zone” but I hated even walking into Planet Fitness because majority of the time it would be the STAFF that would give members dirty looks or they would LAUGH at others working out as they watched from the desk. I have never been more disgusted by such behavior.

I have been to multiple Planet Fitness’ around the world so it wasn’t just the one location, it’s been multiple.

The restrooms and locker rooms are always disgusting. Feminine products everywhere, foul odor, etc.

The tanning beds were NEVER completely cleaned or sanitizer as most of the time there would still be sweat or lotion in or on the beds.

I also notified by looking at my bank statement I was charged 3 times in one month. The first charge was my monthly fee and the next one was ANOTHER monthly fee and then an annual fee. The amount that should have been taken out was $21.95 and Planet Fitness took the total of $88.95! I was FURIOUS! Because this was AFTER I had to buyout my previous contract with them and they built a new Planet Fitness near my new place so I figured with a new building, equipment and staff maybe my experience would have been better but I was sadly disappointed. I will NEVER step foot into ANY Planet Fitness ever again!
David M.
Pensacola
Pros: Cheap ($10 a month for basic, $20 for blackcard membership which gives you access to massage chairs, discount on drinks and allows you to bring a guest.

Equipment appears all new and in great condition. Tons of cardio equipment but there is always a line for bench press.

Environment is fairly clean and has a welcoming feeling.

Cons: The gym is normally clean, however the sanitation spray and towels are empty fairly often while the employees socialize.

The “no judgement” practice judges others who push themselves and they call you out by setting off a siren with lights, drawing attention and signaling you out. That is judgement in the supposed “no judgement zone”

They offer free pizza on Monday and bagels on Tuesday, it’s like they want you to stay fat so you’ll keep coming

Only 3 bench press machines with a line of people waiting.
Nikki R.
O Fallon, MO
This is such a easy and friendly gym that makes working out attainable when you feel nervous jumping in. I love that the black card membership gives me access to all the PF’s in the country and I can bring a guest any time I want. I am not much for tanning- but on occasions when the winter doldrums set in I like to pop in for a few min of vit D therapy :)
The price is comparable to a lot of gym memberships, but the availability of access to so many of them when I travel is a huge perk!
It’s laid back, clean your own equipment and trainers are available almost all the time.
The only real drawbacks to this are lack of pool/hot tub and sauna and no “classes” like yoga, Pilates, spin or Zumba style.
However at my favorite gym each treadmill and bike has its own TV and watching the nightly news and walking is a nice trade off!
Faviola L.
I have been using planet fitness for about a year almost and I don’t have any real complaints. I have also never tried any other gyms so I have nothing to compare to. At my gym the equipment always seems to be clean and enough napkins to wipe everything after use. The restrooms seem to be clean when I use them. They use to have a digital scale but I guess it was too much of an upkeep so they switched to a standard one. I wish the employees were more approachable to ask questions. I have the black card and never been over charged, they take my monthly payment and a one time yearly fee. I have been able to take a guest with me everyday. Unfortunately I never visited the massage chairs because I never had time. I am soon going to change to a white card hopefully the transition is a smooth one.
Adele L.
yuma, AZ
First I gave PF 3 stars ONLY because of my experience. You may have a different experience than me when joining this gym. The gym itself is why they received 3 stars. It seriously is a Judgement Free zone. It is relaxing and a very comforting environment. However, the customer service at my PF is horrible. I had shoulder surgery and had to go to the gym twice to ask for them to suspend my account and they said they did but they were still charging me. Finally, I wrote them a letter and they sent me a cancellation letter stating my account is cancelled due to medical reasons but if I would like to join i am still due to pay the amount. I wasn't even using the membership because of my surgery. Therefore I had to join another gym rather than pay $150 that I do not believe I owe.
Maia T.
Knoxville, TN
Planet fitness is a great gym to go to. It’s directed towards people that are new to the gym. But I’ve been working out for quite sometime now and I was still able to always get a decent workout in. The equipment was always clean!l which was a huge plus! 😀 and you can’t beat the rates either at this gym. $10 for the basic rate which just includes the gym membership. While they have a Black Card/VIP membership that is a $20 fee. This includes the gym membership plus access to a tanning bed, hydromassage, and chair massage! Pretty darn good if you ask me! I’m only giving it 4 stars though because it is limited to how heavy the weights are. And there are no squat racks only Smith machines. But other than that this gym is great and I would recommend it to others!
Bernadette H.
Brentwood, CA
Does your planet fitness have a sauna and steam room?
Jaye W.
Masontown, PA
Does anyone else feel awkward working out in the weights area with like 20 guys watching you all by yourself?
Joanna S.
How often do you go to the gym?
janet g.
Parker, Co
Is this really as great a gym as they say? I feel like is impossible to get rid of that "gymtimidation"
Melquisedec V.
Bronx, NY
Do they have boxing bags?