Top Questions See all 1,119 Q&A
- "However, they indicate all those perks you get being a black card member but they would take all the things out of the gym such as smoothies and all, so really there wasn't much of a benefit to pay that extra 10$ except for bring a guest." in 48 reviews
- "They claim to be a judgment-free zone, but what they really do is judge the people who have worked hard to be in great shape." in 32 reviews
- "If you like cardio, then go for it, but they have no classes, look down on heavy lifting and have a "lunk" alarm that I was even called on once when I overestimated a weight stack because I was trying to adjust to machines since they don't have a good free weight selection, or kettlebells." in 31 reviews
- "The benefit are of course, the price, there's enough weights for a petite girl like me (although I hear from my guy friends that the weights only go up to a certain number so they all quit PF after that), and the tanning booths and massage chairs are a plus." in 26 reviews
- "They also allow you to bring guests, are open 24 hours, and are located near my home in Philadelphia and school in Alabama." in 24 reviews
The gal took her eyes of the tv she was watching and scanned my card, then back to the tv.
I told her this was my first visit, and wanted to get onto a stationary bike.
She told me I had to fill out an application to join Planet Fitness first. Then she noticed the Planet Fitness card she had just scanned. She waved towards the back of the room, and told me to find an available bike, and help myself.
The bikes were different than the ones at the Physcal Therapy I had been using. It took me 10 minutes to get one adjusted and turned on. I finally selected "manual" since I had not figured out how to program the thing.
The machine alternated between "resume" and "pause". Each "Pause" released all resistance causing me and my new knee replacement to be thrown forward. After a half dozen or so painful events, I walked out.
One of the gals did say "have a great day", but apparently missed my angry face.
The wife and I have found a new fitness place that acts like they give a crap.
I have been to multiple Planet Fitness’ around the world so it wasn’t just the one location, it’s been multiple.
The restrooms and locker rooms are always disgusting. Feminine products everywhere, foul odor, etc.
The tanning beds were NEVER completely cleaned or sanitizer as most of the time there would still be sweat or lotion in or on the beds.
I also notified by looking at my bank statement I was charged 3 times in one month. The first charge was my monthly fee and the next one was ANOTHER monthly fee and then an annual fee. The amount that should have been taken out was $21.95 and Planet Fitness took the total of $88.95! I was FURIOUS! Because this was AFTER I had to buyout my previous contract with them and they built a new Planet Fitness near my new place so I figured with a new building, equipment and staff maybe my experience would have been better but I was sadly disappointed. I will NEVER step foot into ANY Planet Fitness ever again!
Equipment appears all new and in great condition. Tons of cardio equipment but there is always a line for bench press.
Environment is fairly clean and has a welcoming feeling.
Cons: The gym is normally clean, however the sanitation spray and towels are empty fairly often while the employees socialize.
The “no judgement” practice judges others who push themselves and they call you out by setting off a siren with lights, drawing attention and signaling you out. That is judgement in the supposed “no judgement zone”
They offer free pizza on Monday and bagels on Tuesday, it’s like they want you to stay fat so you’ll keep coming
Only 3 bench press machines with a line of people waiting.
The price is comparable to a lot of gym memberships, but the availability of access to so many of them when I travel is a huge perk!
It’s laid back, clean your own equipment and trainers are available almost all the time.
The only real drawbacks to this are lack of pool/hot tub and sauna and no “classes” like yoga, Pilates, spin or Zumba style.
However at my favorite gym each treadmill and bike has its own TV and watching the nightly news and walking is a nice trade off!
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos