BY PLANET DOG

• Would this be okay for a bigger dog. I have a hound dog t...1 Answers
  • IS it worth the price?1 Answers
  • What size is the ball for this? Or do they have varied si...3 Answers
Gladys A.
The wood chuck is a great toy for dogs who love to run and play. It throws the ball quite far, far enough that sometimes my dogs can't find it. Another reviewer mentioned the ball doesn't go very far but they must not be using it right, because once you get the motion down the ball flies. I love the fact that this toy is eco-friendly and made out of wood instead of cheap plastic. Very durable and the handle has a nice grip. It's also great for avoiding touching slobbery balls with your hands! Would absolutely recommend to any dog owner
Muryel W.
Charlotte, NC
We have a 10 lb rat terrier and his favorite hobby is throwing his ball. However, he is very picky when it comes to the type of ball that he plays with and only plays with racquetballs (I think because they are a little smaller, can fit in his mouth better, and there are no fuzzies). Anyway, we bought a ball thrower last year and it didn't work very well with racquetballs because it was designed to be used with tennis balls. When we bought the Wood Chuck thrower, his blue racquetballs fit perfectly and keep my boyfriend from throwing out his arm
Jessica P.
Medford, NY
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
I've used products similar to this and find them all to be great! I have a chocolate lab who loves to play fetch & can go on for hrs! Also he usually drools all over the ball, which makes me not want to touch it. So I don't have to with this product & I can throw the ball a lot farther there for tiring him out more quickly!The wonderful thing about this specific product is that it is also ECO friendly!
Anna H.
1,351 reviews
Pet Lover Expert Level 3
My dog is so happy when I pull this out to play with him. It is by far the most useful dog gadget I have purchased. It helps me launch the ball farther and it makes him happier because he love to run! I have a small breed dog and this is perfect for him because he can fit the ball in his mouth!
Caitlin F.
Lovely , KY
I have a very very large dog, and a lot of property. The poor fellow never had a lot of fun chasing the ball as far as I could throw it. He's so big and fast, it was honestly boring for the poor lad.
But after trying this out, I was able to throw it REALLY far, and Winston (the big dog) and I played for over an hour!

Defiantly not for someone with a smaller dog.
Kristen J.
My border collie/heeler mix LOVES when we use this! It helps us to throw the ball really far without a lot of effort, and the Planet Dog balls (most of them) have holes in them that make a whistling sound in the air. My father also uses this for his dog, because it helps his back to not have to bend over so far.
Hallie H.
If your dog loves to play fetch this is perfect for you & them. It provides long distance throws which allows a lot more agility and runnig for the dog. I have two big dogs and my throwing arm isn't the greatest, so using this REALLY helps get it far and allows me not have to throw every other minute! Great toy!
Alessi S.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
Just like a Chuck-It, except from recycled material! Definitely more eco-friendly. Difficult to use while sitting down, but other than that very user-friendly! Don't let your dog play with the ball by itself for a long time because they will probably tear it apart. But that's the same with most balls.
Hailee C.
Owasso, OK
I was lucky enough to catch the LL Bean version of this (same toy made by Planet Dog, they just stamped a LL Bean logo on it) on clearance before Christmas for $10. It is my dog's favorite activity now. I can throw the ball all the way across our backyard and she runs to get it. She is a Shih Tzu, weighs about 12 pounds, and chases balls like a much bigger dog. This toy is great because after several tosses of the ball and chasing her around to get it back, she is worn out.
Jodi F.
SNOHOMISH, WA
I have an english mastiff.. nuff said right.. ok well if we go anywhere with out planet dog wood chuck she wont get out of the car.. this has been the best form of entertainment for her ever!! we tried other brands made of other materials and this has by far been the best!
Caitlin F.
Lovely , KY
For those with big dogs, and this product, what breed of dog do you have, and do they enjoy the longer distance you can throw?
Dana R.
New London, WI
What size is the ball for this? Or do they have varied sizes? I have a really small dog, so would she be able to play with this?
Victoria G.
Annandale, NJ
IS it worth the price?
Kristen E.
Raleigh, NC
Would this be okay for a bigger dog. I have a hound dog to who has accidentally ruined a few toys by biting too hard. Is this a solid toy? If not, is it a thick wall?