Plan B One Step Emergency Contraceptive Must be 17 or over to purchase without a prescription

BY PLAN B ONE STEP #37 in uncategorized

Must be 17 years of age or older. If you are age 16 or younger, you must have a prescription to purchase this product. Must be 17 years or older to purchase without a prescription What Plan B® One-Step is: Plan B® One-Step is an emergency contraceptive, now available in just one pill. It can help prevent a pregnancy after unprotected sex or contraceptive failure. When taken as directed - within 72 hours after contraceptive failure or unprotected intercourse - approximately seven out of eight women who would have gotten pregnant will not become pregnant after taking Plan B® One-Step. But the sooner you take it, the more effective it will be. Plan B® One-Step is safe and effective. Plan B® One-Step is FDA-approved and contains levonorgestrel, the same ingredient found in many birth control pills. The difference is that Plan B® One-Step requires just one see more...

• "I get my birth control without health insurance at Walmart for $9 a month and it's a year's worth prescription they prescribe you! " in 12 reviews
Pricey, but worth it. I've tried this once, 50 hours after, and I had a few side effects. I mean, it changes your hormones to make your body think it's already pregnant, but I'm ok with that. Be sure to take this within 72 hours, or your chances of getting pregnant is higher. Also, it's good to know when your ovulation date is, just to be safe.
Kristen K.
The bottom line is, when you need an emergency contraceptive don't feel shy, wrong, or ashamed. I remember I had to take this when I was 17 and I felt weird about it but I knew it was better than being a teen mom. It's easy to get and easy to take. I think I paid $50 from CVS without a perscription and Planned Parenthood will write you a perscription for free. Don't worry about what other people are going to think if they see you purchasing this, they will eventually realize that clearly you've recognized that being a paren't is not for you right now and that'd you've made the smart decision for yourself. Mistakes happen just try to learn from the experience. Plan B is not a form of birth control and should not be taken time after time. I don't know if it can eventually be damaging but I would think it's probably not good to constantly take. The directions say you might get nauseous from Plan B but I know I didn't at all. I have only heard good things about this emergency contraceptive so I definitely would get Plan B if you need it!!!
Snaely K.
Salisbury, MD
Everyone makes mistakes and sometimes you need a back up plan.
Let's get one thing straight, Plan B is NOT an abortion pill. Plan B works the same way a birth control by stopping your egg from being released. With that being said, if the egg does release Plan B won't do anything. If the sperm meets the egg and implants, Plan B will not change anything.
Plan B is actually just a super dose of birth control. With that being said, the side effects will be the same as birth control. You may experience side effects but they won't last for very long. There has also been no long term side effects (such as infertility) linked with it.
Sheree C.
Pottstown, PA
So Obviously we all know WHAT this is. Anyone can have Accidents and i would NEVER promote this or want anyone to substitute this instead of birth control because that is NOT what it is used for. Any who...I did have to take this just ONCE. When you give birth they tell you to avoid having sex until your next visit, which for me was in 8 weeks. Well...we didn't and had sex around 6 weeks after i had already given birth. Yes, we used a condom, but guess what....IT BROKE! Happens to adults too! I immediately went to the pharmacy and bought this. This is best to be taken within the first 72 hours after "unprotected" sex (or if the condom breaks). The sooner the better. I did not have any adverse affects, BUT i do know that MANY women do! This includes, Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea exc.

PLEASE NOTE: I am NOT saying anyone under age should take this. I am simply giving MY review on this Product since i am way OVER age!!
Kimberly C.
Midlothian, TX
This is pretty pricey, but if you go their website, there is a $10 off coupon you can print out. Again, this is for EMERGENCIES only! Not to be used as a daily birth control! And you MUST take within 72 hours of being unprotected. The sooner, the better. Also, this is not 100% guaranteed! ALWAYS be smart and use condoms or other forms of birth controls. Obviously condoms can break, but use caution! Please, go see a doctor. I get my birth control without health insurance at Walmart for $9 a month and it's a year's worth prescription they prescribe you!
Jennifer J.
I've only taken this once- and I never got pregnant. So it did what it says it does.
I was nervous about taking it because I had heard that it can really make a lady feel 'yucky' for lack of a better word. Considering what it does I figured that wasn't much of a stretch. Luckily I didn't have any of those side effects.
So, had I not taken it would I be preggo? MAybe, but at least with the pill there was peace of mind.
Ria M.
I took it as a precaution. It is $40-$50 but that is reasonable. This is now available to individuals under 17! It is just the generics which haven't lowered their limits.
This basically induces a period, you may/maynot get your regular one at its generally scheduled time. The first day its best recommended not to do much as usual menstrual side effects also come.
Tianna P.
Alamo, CA
It is amazing that this is an option when other methods fail. I've taken it twice actually. The first time I took it, I purchased it from my local CVS and it was $55. However, the second time I purchased it, I went to Planned Parenthood, and it was only $25. So I highly recommend buying it from your local Planned Parenthood. It is way cheaper.
Tina Y.
Marlton, NJ
I find this very reliable and doesn't have as bad of side effect as others. Emergency contraceptive is very important if you aren't ready to take that chance of getting pregnant. I don't find that I've has any harsh side effects from Plan B. I've heard of other brands that can result in painful cramps, dizziness and longggg periods. I just had my period come in 1.5-2 wks after taking the pill. I haven't experienced any crazy painful cramps or dizziness or anything.
I've taken this a few times (both this brand and the generic). It sucks when all types of birth control don't seem to work with you. But they've worked whenever I needed them to and you can always get a $10 off coupon online that will bring the price down. I have a daughter already and my boyfriend and I are waiting at least 7 years to give her a sibling. So this is a lifesaver when you need it.
Kara G.
New Haven, MI
Does this have any bad side effects?
Daniella H.
Has anyone had an allergic reaction to this?