Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl

by Gore Verbinski

#5 in Music

From producer Jerry Bruckheimer (Pearl Harbor) comes Pirates Of The Caribbean: The Curse Of The Black Pearl, the thrilling high-seas adventure with a mysterious twist. The roguish yet charming Captain Jack Sparrow's (Academy Award (R) Nominee Johnny Depp) idyllic pirate life capsizes after his nemesis, the wily Captain Barbossa (Geoffrey Rush), steals his ship, the Black Pearl, and later attacks the town of Port Royal, kidnapping the governor's beautiful daughter Elizabeth (Keira Knightley). In a gallant attempt to rescue her and recapture the Black Pearl, Elizabeth's childhood friend Will Turner (Orlando Bloom) joins forces with Jack. What Will doesn't know is that a cursed treasure has doomed Barbossa and his crew to live forever as the undead. Rich in suspense-filled adventure, sword-clashing action, mystery, humor, unforgettable characters, and never-before-seen special effects, Pirates is a must-have epic on the grandest scale ever.

Are they gonna continue this series ?
Does anyone still watch this?
Can't wait for the. Ew movie to come out. What's your favorite movie?
Start your review of Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Then add in Keira Knightley, Orlando Bloom, and host of other extraodinary actors and you have a great movie that entertains all ages.” in 5 reviews
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End is a great movie. I don't think pirates will survive without jack sparrow. He was the best thing about the show..
Koshkonong, MO
This a vary good movies funny to see i see something new ever time i see it .Vary good family oriented. It was a good buy.My son injoyed it so much we bout the rest of them ..
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I couldn't stop laughing, it was very good, although the violence is too much for me, like when one of the pirates shot the man that openned the door, I felt so bad for him! I hate it when people get tricked! Jack Sparrow is definitly my favorite, he's funny, yet he.. in his own way.. cares about his friends. Although he has made a habit of using them for his own profit, that's what pirates do of course. (Spoilers!) Drugs: Jack and I think Elizabeth (not sure if she was faking or not) got drug off of rum, still pretty funny though. Violence: Tons, Shooting, pushing, punching, hitting in the back of head, eye popping out (I can NOT look at that, can NOT!!) Swords going through people, blowing ups, falling off cliffs, skeleton people, hands fall off, blood (only with a cut of the hand) Sparrows old girlfriends slap him. Sex: Jack enjoys flirting, he made Elizabeth put on his belt for him when he was handcuffed (for his own personal enjoyment, her annoyment) Will and Elizabeth, obviously. Still, this movie is amazing, funny, and even though Disney didn't like Depp's acting at first, everyone else seems to enjoy it, he's the reason the movies are so loved!
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
There will only be one captain Jack sparrow. Johnny Depp really dug into this character and made it come alive. His carniving, stealing, lying ways gives insight to pirate flawed characteristics. He is surely the most remembered and well known character in this movie. I recommend you watch all of them and not just this one. The kids will love it too!
Winston , OR
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
Captain Jack sparrow in the black pearl what is not to love. His witty Corky banter will keep you guessing what silly thing he's going to do next. He makes you laugh so hard you can't believe this is actually him sober and not drinking rum. The storyline is amazing it makes you wanting more. Highly recommend.
Love all the Pirates of the Caribbean!!! This was my go to movie when I was a kid! I even loved the last movie that they made. It was pretty hard to understand at the time of what was actually going on but re-watching it again made things better. Definitely recommend this movie to others.
Albany, NY
The POTC movie franchise is in a class all its own. The story lines are amazing and each of the actors did such a great job portraying their respective characters. This is one of the movies I just wish never ended but they are highly enjoyable to watch. also one of my fave Johnny Depp movies
Rochester , NY
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
I love this series! They are great movies and who can resist Johnny Depp and Orlando Bloom! This a movie the whole family can watch together. I would recommend for a family movie night and maybe watch the whole series! Great movie with amazing actors and a good plot.
Johnny Depp is amazing in this movie with all the other actors and actresses. The graphics are amazing and so life like and has a story line that is easy to follow. Even though this is a Disney movie I always forget that it is based on how well it is put together.
Delaware
Really great family movie I love the thrill I actually just saw this yesterday. I recommend watching the whole series. When watching it's like your their from their point of view. And the best part is that its age appropriate. I recommend this movie
Ask a question to the Influenster community...