Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides

by Rob Marshall

From Disney and Producer Jerry Bruckheimer comes all the fun, epic adventure and humor that ignited the original. Johnny Depp returns as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates Of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. A tale of truth, betrayal, youth, demise — and mermaids! When Jack crosses paths with a woman from his past (Penelope Cruz), he's not sure if it's love, or if she's a ruthless con artist using him to find the fabled Fountain of Youth. Forced aboard the ship of the most feared pirate ever, Jack doesn't know who to fear more —Blackbeard (Ian McShane) or the woman from his past. Directed by Rob Marshall, it's filled with eye-popping battle scenes, mystery and all-out wit.

If you're going at this movie hoping for an art piece, you'll be disappointed. The plot's lacking and the Jack Sparrow character is starting to feel old after the first three movies, but it's still a fun watch. I found the romance subplot between the mermaid and the preacher to be the most interesting part of the film. It definitely feels like they've run out of ideas for the series, but it's worth a watch.
Which movie in the series is your favorite?
Start your review of Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“I loved the whole series and Johnny Depp is such an awesome actor and the cast just brings the film to life!” in 7 reviews
Whittier, CA
I actually liked this one more than I thought I would. I honestly don't know why this one gets such a bum rap. Maybe because Orlando Bloom and Kiera Knightly isn't in it? Penelope Cruz did an okay job but I did like the story line with the mermaids.
I thought that this movie was missing something. Although I love the Pirates movie series, this one just did not have all the same parts that the first one did. I definitely missed seeing some of the old characters. It did have a decent storyline but it just was not my favorite one.
RALEIGH, NC
Covington, KY
I LOVE the first three Pirates of the Carribbean movies- I even have a "Curse of the Black Pearl" poster hanging up in my room. But, they should've stopped it at 3 and made it a trilogy. This fourth one felt silly and unnecessary, and it just wasn't the same without Will and Elizabeth.
Kokomo, IN
I kind of wish the whole mermaid storyline had been more fully explored but it was a great movie. Not as epic and ending as the one before it but still pretty darn good. Plus who doesn't like Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow.
Such a wonderful plot to this movie! The mouse that loves all food and doesn't want to live like everyone else. Gives kids the encouragement that it is okay to stand out and be different from the crowd
Not one of my favorite series in the world. They are just so long I can never seem to follow the story line of any of the movies much less the series all together.
Liberty, MO
I've really enjoyed this entire series! My favorite of them would be the first one. I just love all of the characters and the movies are intense and fun to watch!
Rowland Hghts, CA
I have always watched these series of movies but to be honest this wasn't my favorite of the series. i will always stick to the first movie to i love watching these movies with my family.
This is a great movie! You will not be disappointed in it or in Capt'n Jack Sparrow! The mermaids add in an unexpected flair and the missionary guy is very likable!